Over The Counter Embarrassment

I haven’t been feeling like myself lately.

A back injury has left me dependent on family.

Very dependant.

I’m not pleased about relinquishing my power, my thrown, but I need all the rest I can get.

My maternity leave is over and I go back to work in two weeks.

Brian has been supportive and is trying to understand my situation.

The situations caused by my situation.

Not “The Situation.” He’s not here.

What?

I’m in a lot of pain people!

Some of these pain killers cause “issues.”

Problems in “the lou.”

So Brian, being the supportive, understanding man that he is he did me a solid (ha ha) and set out to get me some help.

He was met at the pharmacy check out by a small blonde teenager, her only thought being who to text next and what shirt to wear out later.

Brian: Ahhhhh… Ummm.. Would you guys happen to have any .. ex-lax

Girl: Yup, I think we do

Google Image

A look of confusion crosses her face.

Brian: Do you even know what that is?

He’s cursing me, angry that he has to explain constipation to a teenager, frustrated that he’s been here for longer than 10 seconds, and scanning the shelves for something that “will do.“

The girl returns with a bottle in her hand and slides it across the counter.

Reading the bottle Brian discovers he’s been handed Imodium, “For the Relief of Diarrhea.”

Brian: Right, I actually need the OPPOSITE of this.

Taking the bottle back the girl reads the medications purpose and then looks to Brian.

Her face changes.

She is disgusted.

Quickly she found the ex-lax.

Rang Brian through.

Not looking up to make eye contact or pass him the bag.

Brian: It’s not for me!!

LOL right!!! It’s for your FRIEND!

Leighann

19 Responses to Over The Counter Embarrassment
  1. Nic
    March 31, 2011 | 7:04 am

Guys are tough he will get over it! He must love ya 🙂 hope you feel better soon!

March 31, 2011 | 7:30 pm

Thank you my friend.
      I miss you.
      Like the desert missed the rain.
      LOL

March 31, 2011 | 8:56 am

Welcome to my world friend 😉
    Be wary of women’s “gentle laxative” unless you plan on staying home. It’s anything BUT gentle. Colace is a softener and will make it easier to hrmmm…push (if your pain is like mine it hurts your back to poop)…superstore/zehrs has this cereal called almond crunch or something like that. It’s the blue menu stuff. It has 6 grams of fibre per serving. Oh and lots of juice 😉 maybe coffee 😉
    Good luck!!

March 31, 2011 | 7:30 pm

I read this on my way out of the dr.’s office and laughed out loud.
      It is a chore to “go” because of the pain!
      Thanks for your tips!!!

3. Elena
    March 31, 2011 | 1:45 pm

I love it! At least you didn’t send him in there for tampons – he should be happy. 😉 Hope you get some relief soon!

March 31, 2011 | 7:28 pm

AHH, that would not have happened.
      I asked him to go get me hair dye yesterday and he refused!

4. Adrienne
    March 31, 2011 | 2:31 pm

Haha!This is really funny! I like your writing style! 🙂 I stopped by from Shell’s link. Poor guy.

March 31, 2011 | 7:25 pm

Thanks doll!
      I’m gonna go check your stuff out right now!

5. Shell
    March 31, 2011 | 2:56 pm

Aw, he’s a good guy for getting that for you!

March 31, 2011 | 3:01 pm

Now that is a good husband.

7. Whit
    March 31, 2011 | 4:52 pm

Ha! Poor fella! Love brings you to all kinds of places! So glad you have a guy willing to go the limit for you!! Hope you feel better soon!!

W

8. MamaRobinJ
    March 31, 2011 | 11:29 pm

Poor you 🙁

I’m not sure I have a lot of sympathy for Brian though – there are MUCH worse things 😉

And as for the teenager – I think Imodium is worse than Ex-Lax. So yeah. No sympathy for her either.

April 1, 2011 | 12:40 am

Score one for Brian! That is embarrassing indeed.

Tell him that’s why God created grocery stores with self check out.

10. Klz
    April 2, 2011 | 11:53 pm

See? now that? Is romantic

11. Heather
    April 4, 2011 | 10:50 am

Awww, I’d almost feel bad for him…except that’s one of those things in the fine print on the marriage license. 😉

And BTW, at least if he was buying tampons, he wouldn’t have to say “this isn’t for me!” LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon and have no more problems, situations, or Situations.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/03/31/over-the-counter-embarrassment/trackback/

Over The Counter Embarrassment

I haven’t been feeling like myself lately.

A back injury has left me dependent on family.

Very dependant.

My maternity leave is over and I go back to work in two weeks.

Brian has been supportive and is trying to understand my situation.

The situations caused by my situation.

Not “The Situation.” He’s not here.

What?

I’m in a lot of pain people!

Some of these pain killers cause “issues.”

Problems in “the lou.”

Brian: Ahhhhh… Ummm.. Would you guys happen to have any .. ex-lax

Girl: Yup, I think we do

Google Image

A look of confusion crosses her face.

Brian: Do you even know what that is?

The girl returns with a bottle in her hand and slides it across the counter.

Brian: Right, I actually need the OPPOSITE of this.

Her face changes.

She is disgusted.

Quickly she found the ex-lax.

Rang Brian through.

Not looking up to make eye contact or pass him the bag.

Brian: It’s not for me!!

LOL right!!! It’s for your FRIEND!

Leighann

19 Responses to Over The Counter Embarrassment
  1. Nic
    March 31, 2011 | 7:04 am

March 31, 2011 | 7:30 pm

Thank you my friend.
      I miss you.
      Like the desert missed the rain.
      LOL

March 31, 2011 | 8:56 am

Welcome to my world friend 😉
    Good luck!!

March 31, 2011 | 7:30 pm

I read this on my way out of the dr.’s office and laughed out loud.
      It is a chore to “go” because of the pain!
      Thanks for your tips!!!

3. Elena
    March 31, 2011 | 1:45 pm

March 31, 2011 | 7:28 pm

AHH, that would not have happened.
      I asked him to go get me hair dye yesterday and he refused!

4. Adrienne
    March 31, 2011 | 2:31 pm

March 31, 2011 | 7:25 pm

Thanks doll!
      I’m gonna go check your stuff out right now!

5. Shell
    March 31, 2011 | 2:56 pm

Aw, he’s a good guy for getting that for you!

March 31, 2011 | 3:01 pm

Now that is a good husband.

7. Whit
    March 31, 2011 | 4:52 pm

W

8. MamaRobinJ
    March 31, 2011 | 11:29 pm

Poor you 🙁

April 1, 2011 | 12:40 am

Score one for Brian! That is embarrassing indeed.

Tell him that’s why God created grocery stores with self check out.

10. Klz