Pink Clouds of Morphine

This weekend I spent some time in the hospital.

My stomach was angry.

Apparently my bladder was too. I was diagnosed with a pretty bad UTI.

But…

During my visit I was inspired!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morphine.

Funny pain killer.

Liquid rescuer.

Your promise to take the stabs and discomfort away are misleading.

Turning screams from the fetal position into giggles and slurred words.

The pain is still present, just forgotten.  Lost behind your pink candy floss cloud of joy and double vision.

Unable to function normally on your sweet nectar but in too much agony without you, your recipients return for more.

I write this as you pump through my veins. Your clear fluid dances down the IV tube and into my hand, making me dizzy.

I know there’s still pain.

But the unicorn in the corner of the room is stealing my attention.

Leighann

19 Responses to Pink Clouds of Morphine
    April 25, 2011 | 8:45 am

Hee hee…morphine = deeeelishious fun

April 25, 2011 | 8:45 am

PS. I’m sorry that you’re not feeling well. Being sick sucks!

3. Amy
    April 25, 2011 | 9:32 am

Haha! Nothing like Morphine! My friend was just in the hospital and saw spiders crawling on the wall. She was yelling at her husband to kill them! Ha!

I’m glad you saw unicorns.

April 25, 2011 | 6:42 pm

I love this! I had morphine during both of my c-sections, and as it wore off my face got really itchy, as if there were tiny wispy hairs tickling it. So. Annoying.

The unicorn in the corner of the room is stealing my attention. Awesome!

5. liz
    April 25, 2011 | 9:05 pm

“But the unicorn in the corner is stealing my attention” – BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. CJ
    April 26, 2011 | 3:07 pm

Ohhh, morphine. Such a lovely drugged oblivion. Been there, done that! Medically speaking, of course. Hugs, NOT Drugs, kids.

7. MamaTrack
    April 30, 2011 | 4:48 pm

I love it. It’s like a Dali of blogging. Glad you’re on the mend!

8. Carina
    April 30, 2011 | 8:57 pm

That’s very kind of the unicorn *attempts to take keyboard away from Leighann*

It was a fun post. 🙂

9. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 1, 2011 | 9:33 am

Now I want me some morphine LOL

Hope you’re better now!

10. Selena
    May 1, 2011 | 10:29 am

YES! I loved being on Morphine. And it’s true…the pain isn’t GONE so mush as it just doesnt matter.

Just stopping by from Sunday Funday. Adding a link to your blog on mine. 🙂

11. Dana K
    May 1, 2011 | 11:02 am

I’m so sorry your UTI was bad enough to require MORPHINE! WOW!

I hallucinate on benadryl, so you can imagine what happens if I’m on pain killers.

I hope you feel better soon!

stopping by from Sunday Funday

12. Carri
    May 1, 2011 | 11:25 am

HAHAHAHAHA This post was amazing. Great job!!

13. Venassa
    May 1, 2011 | 11:25 am

Sounds kind of fun, minus the pain you were in otherwise. I’ve never been on morphine.

14. Stephanie
    May 1, 2011 | 12:49 pm

Tee hee! I sure hope you’re feeling better! I had quite a bit of fun with the epidural when in labor with the Pantster…I think it was mostly because I was so freaking sleep-deprived! H had quite a few laughs at my expense!

15. Mommy Boots
    May 1, 2011 | 2:53 pm

I LOL’ed at the part about the unicorn. I’ve never been on morphine myself so I don’t know what it feels like but thanks to your post I think I now have a decent idea. 😉

Stopped by from the Sunday Funday linkup!

16. Galit Breen
    May 1, 2011 | 3:40 pm

Ouch! I hope you’re feeling better!

And your inspiration? Perfect! 🙂

17. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    May 1, 2011 | 3:41 pm

AH yes the wonders of controlled substances, to the epiphanies and slurred words we don’t remember!
    Happy Sunday Funday

18. Elena
    May 1, 2011 | 6:56 pm

Hahah! I love the unicorn at the end. Hilarious!

19. A Close Second! | Multitasking Mumma
    February 6, 2012 | 4:02 am

[…] The walk from the driveway of my in-laws to their spare bedroom was a blur of codeine, bagel crumbs, and incoherent threats. I drifted from this world to one that closely resembled that of a morphine induced coma and may have spoke to a unicorn I met once. […]

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/04/25/pink-clouds-of-morphine/trackback/

Pink Clouds of Morphine

This weekend I spent some time in the hospital.

My stomach was angry.

Apparently my bladder was too. I was diagnosed with a pretty bad UTI.

But…

During my visit I was inspired!

Morphine.

Funny pain killer.

Liquid rescuer.

Your promise to take the stabs and discomfort away are misleading.

Turning screams from the fetal position into giggles and slurred words.

I know there’s still pain.

But the unicorn in the corner of the room is stealing my attention.

Leighann

19 Responses to Pink Clouds of Morphine
    April 25, 2011 | 8:45 am

Hee hee…morphine = deeeelishious fun

April 25, 2011 | 8:45 am

PS. I’m sorry that you’re not feeling well. Being sick sucks!

3. Amy
    April 25, 2011 | 9:32 am

I’m glad you saw unicorns.

April 25, 2011 | 6:42 pm

The unicorn in the corner of the room is stealing my attention. Awesome!

5. liz
    April 25, 2011 | 9:05 pm

“But the unicorn in the corner is stealing my attention” – BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. CJ
    April 26, 2011 | 3:07 pm

7. MamaTrack
    April 30, 2011 | 4:48 pm

I love it. It’s like a Dali of blogging. Glad you’re on the mend!

8. Carina
    April 30, 2011 | 8:57 pm

That’s very kind of the unicorn *attempts to take keyboard away from Leighann*

It was a fun post. 🙂

9. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 1, 2011 | 9:33 am

Now I want me some morphine LOL

Hope you’re better now!

10. Selena
    May 1, 2011 | 10:29 am

Just stopping by from Sunday Funday. Adding a link to your blog on mine. 🙂

11. Dana K
    May 1, 2011 | 11:02 am

I’m so sorry your UTI was bad enough to require MORPHINE! WOW!

I hope you feel better soon!

stopping by from Sunday Funday

12. Carri
    May 1, 2011 | 11:25 am

HAHAHAHAHA This post was amazing. Great job!!

13. Venassa
    May 1, 2011 | 11:25 am

14. Stephanie
    May 1, 2011 | 12:49 pm

15. Mommy Boots
    May 1, 2011 | 2:53 pm

Stopped by from the Sunday Funday linkup!

16. Galit Breen
    May 1, 2011 | 3:40 pm

Ouch! I hope you’re feeling better!

And your inspiration? Perfect! 🙂

17. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    May 1, 2011 | 3:41 pm

Happy Sunday Funday

18. Elena
    May 1, 2011 | 6:56 pm

Hahah! I love the unicorn at the end. Hilarious!

19. A Close Second! | Multitasking Mumma