Spring Has Sprung

Since being back to work I haven’t had many relaxing evenings or much solitude.

The rush of dinner, bath, story, and then bed leaves me exhausted after a long day and the last thing I want to do is appreciate nature, scrapbook, or organize my daughter’s birthday photos from the beginning of the month.

But then there was today.

Beautiful today. It’s warm spring air swept me up and out of my winter blues. I danced in its heat the whole way home, my window down, hand in the breeze, and hair flowing recklessly in the fresh air.

I was renewed.

I began to think of all of the tasks I take on. All of the things I expect of myself that I end up not having time for. The disappointment I ultimately have when they aren’t completed.

I need to start utilizing resources. .

Shutterfly is one of those great resources I don’t use nearly enough! They offer photo books for all of my memories and will save my hands from all of those paper cuts, in hind sight I should have done the Birthday Invitations there too.

And with Mothers Day coming up there will be no reason for me to have an anxiety attack thinking about whether I will be receiving a card because they will take care of that too.

This spring I am focusing on relaxing, asking for help, not doing it all myself.

What are you doing to feel renewed?

Leighann

I was selected for this Spring post is a series sponsored by Shutterfly which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

I was compensated for this post with one free 8X8 photo book.

If you are a blogger and interested in how you can be apart of this click here to find out how to register for a chance at 50 free announcements.

4 Responses to Spring Has Sprung
  1. Carina
    April 28, 2011 | 8:43 pm

I’m trying to get that positive attitude going as well. I’ve been feeling so frustrated and bogged down lately. Some of it’s just physical, but I’m hoping that will change soon.

I’m abroad in Hong Kong right now, but I get to go home for the summer. I’m going to get some time to relax and enjoy my family, see friends for the first time in five months and just make the most of the summer and the hiking trails.

I’ve been trying to read new books and write more (if possible!) on varied topics to get some new perspective. I’m trying to explore some things that I left behind with new eyes, too.

Oh, this post reminded me that I haven’t driven a car and felt that wind on my face in months. It’ll be so nice to be home. 🙂

May 1, 2011 | 12:44 pm

WOW. Hong Kong!
      What a great adventure!
      Do you go back after summer?

April 29, 2011 | 8:42 am

I desperately need Spring and sunshine, glad it has found it’s way to you because the weather can’t make up its mind around here.

May 1, 2011 | 12:42 pm

its been up and down here too.
      Some days its raining and others its sunny.
      I would like some Spring to stay.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/04/28/sping-sprung/trackback/

Spring Has Sprung

Since being back to work I haven’t had many relaxing evenings or much solitude.

But then there was today.

I was renewed.

I need to start utilizing resources. .

What are you doing to feel renewed?

Leighann

I was compensated for this post with one free 8X8 photo book.

4 Responses to Spring Has Sprung
  1. Carina
    April 28, 2011 | 8:43 pm

May 1, 2011 | 12:44 pm

WOW. Hong Kong!
      What a great adventure!
      Do you go back after summer?

April 29, 2011 | 8:42 am

May 1, 2011 | 12:42 pm

its been up and down here too.
      Some days its raining and others its sunny.
      I would like some Spring to stay.