The Girl at MacDonald’s Wants You to Vote!

We don’t go to McDonald’s much.

Ok, let me re-phrase that.

We don’t go to McDonald’s much together.

When we do Brian and I always order the same thing.

He gets a Big Mac Meal.

I get a cheeseburger and a six-pack of nuggets.

I drink his drink.

Brian does not drink a drink.

We only require one.

Yeah I know, we’re 80.

This weekend we found ourselves in the drive through of McDonald’s. I’m tweeting and Brian’s scanning the menu like he always does (even though we both know he will end up getting the Big Mac).

And then something in our well oiled machine falters.

“Welcome to McDonald’s can I take your order?”

“Ya can I get a Big Mac Meal but I don’t want the drink.”

“Ok, so you just want a Big Mac and fries?”

“Well is it cheaper to get the Big Mac Meal?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, I’ll take the meal.”

“So, one Big Mac Meal. What can I get you to drink?”

“I don’t want a drink.”

“Right. Ok. So you just want a Big Mac and fries?”

“No. Listen. I want you to give me the Big Mac Meal and the drink but YOU keep the drink.”

“Oh we have to give you the drink.”

“I don’t have cup holders.” (resorting to LIES… shame shame)

“A combo comes with a drink so would you like the Big Mac Combo?”

Like we’re brand new to the combo. Like we’ve never been to McDonald’s before. Like we haven’t memorized the combo numbers and locations of every McDonalds in a 100 mile radios.

“Ok just give me the drink.”

“GREAT! Ok what kind can we get for you today?”

“Water.”

“A bottle of water. Ok.”

“No. Tap water. Out of your tap, in a cup.”

“Oh we aren’t allowed to do that sir.”

“Ok, then you pick.”

“Super, our new orange Fruitopia.”

“Sounds yummy.”

“Great and I’ll be sure to give you a cup holder with it.”

….

POW!

Today is Election Day in Canada people.

If you are Canadian get our and VOTE!

This girl at McDonald’s?

She’s our future.

Leighann

I was not compensated in any way for this post by Elections Canada, McDonald’s, or Fruitopia (or anyone) and all opinions are purely my own, however, it would have been nice to receive a nugget or two.

16 Responses to The Girl at MacDonald’s Wants You to Vote!
  1. blueviolet
    May 2, 2011 | 7:37 am

Tweet this out a few times, and you just might get your nuggets! LOL

May 2, 2011 | 8:02 am

Oy men…I’m voting today!!! Hopefully it’s the last one for awhile!!

3. liz
    May 2, 2011 | 1:32 pm

i hate when the combo numbers change! i remember when we lived in NH and we wanted to order the 2 cheeseburger meal. it wasn’t on the menu BUT when we said “can i have 2 cheeseburgers, a fry and a coke” they were like, “Oh and number 8?”

but there was NO #8 on the menu!

May 4, 2011 | 9:12 pm

ARG, That’s happened to me too!
      And I think back to all of the times I could have eaten that meal and the joy it would have brought me!

4. Jessica Anne
    May 2, 2011 | 2:52 pm

My husband and I do the same thing. He gets the food, I get the drink. And he’s always trying to figure out the cheapest way to get something, so we wind up with extra fries or drinks because the combo is cheaper.

May 4, 2011 | 9:11 pm

Sometimes they get so confused that we get free stuff!!
      LOL
      Those are my favorite mistakes.

5. Lady Estrogen
    May 2, 2011 | 8:28 pm

Hahaha… it’s funny cuz I just wrote a guest post for someone about the dumb fast food cashier too. The lower levels of IQ consistently surprise me.

May 4, 2011 | 9:10 pm

Maybe its hard to hear over the drive through speaker?
      That could be why they get the orders wrong! maybe….

6. Carina
    May 3, 2011 | 1:42 am

Isn’t it great when we can’t get the service we want because there’s TOO MUCH service?

May 4, 2011 | 9:09 pm

They really just want us to follow the steps we’re supposed to.
      When we don’t they squirm a little.
      I agree with you! can’t get the service because of too much service.

May 3, 2011 | 8:03 am

So, so funny. He’s in education and we say that phrase often as he relays stories of complete stupidity to me. Sigh.

8. Amy
    May 3, 2011 | 1:56 pm

I have had similar conversations with McDonalds workers… scary huh! VOTE!!!

May 4, 2011 | 9:06 pm

And you know what?
      McDonalds on a resume will get you hired anywhere!
      Employers LOVE McDonalds!
      WOW.

9. MamaRobinJ
    May 5, 2011 | 2:44 am

Oh man, I was dying to see where you were going with this. Too funny!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/05/02/the-girl-at-macdonalds-wants-you-to-vote/trackback/

The Girl at MacDonald’s Wants You to Vote!

We don’t go to McDonald’s much.

Ok, let me re-phrase that.

We don’t go to McDonald’s much together.

When we do Brian and I always order the same thing.

He gets a Big Mac Meal.

I get a cheeseburger and a six-pack of nuggets.

I drink his drink.

Brian does not drink a drink.

We only require one.

Yeah I know, we’re 80.

And then something in our well oiled machine falters.

“Welcome to McDonald’s can I take your order?”

“Ya can I get a Big Mac Meal but I don’t want the drink.”

“Ok, so you just want a Big Mac and fries?”

“Well is it cheaper to get the Big Mac Meal?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, I’ll take the meal.”

“So, one Big Mac Meal. What can I get you to drink?”

“I don’t want a drink.”

“Right. Ok. So you just want a Big Mac and fries?”

“Oh we have to give you the drink.”

“I don’t have cup holders.” (resorting to LIES… shame shame)

“A combo comes with a drink so would you like the Big Mac Combo?”

“Ok just give me the drink.”

“GREAT! Ok what kind can we get for you today?”

“Water.”

“A bottle of water. Ok.”

“No. Tap water. Out of your tap, in a cup.”

“Oh we aren’t allowed to do that sir.”

“Ok, then you pick.”

“Super, our new orange Fruitopia.”

“Sounds yummy.”

“Great and I’ll be sure to give you a cup holder with it.”

….

POW!

Today is Election Day in Canada people.

If you are Canadian get our and VOTE!

This girl at McDonald’s?

She’s our future.

Leighann

16 Responses to The Girl at MacDonald’s Wants You to Vote!
  1. blueviolet
    May 2, 2011 | 7:37 am

Tweet this out a few times, and you just might get your nuggets! LOL

May 2, 2011 | 8:02 am

Oy men…I’m voting today!!! Hopefully it’s the last one for awhile!!

3. liz
    May 2, 2011 | 1:32 pm

but there was NO #8 on the menu!

May 4, 2011 | 9:12 pm

ARG, That’s happened to me too!

4. Jessica Anne
    May 2, 2011 | 2:52 pm

May 4, 2011 | 9:11 pm

Sometimes they get so confused that we get free stuff!!
      LOL
      Those are my favorite mistakes.

5. Lady Estrogen
    May 2, 2011 | 8:28 pm

May 4, 2011 | 9:10 pm

Maybe its hard to hear over the drive through speaker?
      That could be why they get the orders wrong! maybe….

6. Carina
    May 3, 2011 | 1:42 am

May 4, 2011 | 9:09 pm

They really just want us to follow the steps we’re supposed to.
      When we don’t they squirm a little.
      I agree with you! can’t get the service because of too much service.

May 3, 2011 | 8:03 am

8. Amy
    May 3, 2011 | 1:56 pm

I have had similar conversations with McDonalds workers… scary huh! VOTE!!!

May 4, 2011 | 9:06 pm

And you know what?
      McDonalds on a resume will get you hired anywhere!
      Employers LOVE McDonalds!
      WOW.

9. MamaRobinJ
    May 5, 2011 | 2:44 am

Oh man, I was dying to see where you were going with this. Too funny!