The Weather Around Me

I haven’t been writing my usual deep posts as of late.

I’ve been relying on lists, humour, my blog awards.

I’m a PPD/A survivor.

Surviving.

This week my PPD called out to me. I had almost forgotten where I put it.

Amongst the rainy overcast days, lack of sleep, and sickness overwhelming the house it saw the chance to creep back into my life.

It began with whispers, so soft it felt like wisps of hair along my cheek, reminding me that I am tired and weak.

The whispers became louder like a strong wind telling me to give up, to go back to bed.

The winds turned to strong rain and hail demanding I surrender and scream out with defeat.

I almost did.

Almost.

Last night found me curled up with the blistering winds swirling around me.

Tears stinging my eyes.

The battle between being strong and asking for help waging a war inside of me.

But then.

I was rescued.

The man I love knows me.

He knows when the weather around me becomes dangerous.

He knows when I need him.

I was saved.

19 Responses to The Weather Around Me
  1. lindsay @ c3images
    May 12, 2011 | 12:59 pm

bless you B. look after her and keep her safe.
    she is wonderful.
    she is strong.
    but she is human.

xx

May 12, 2011 | 1:21 pm

Hooray for Brian! Sorry to hear about your struggles. You can make it through. Looks like you have a fantastic support system.

May 14, 2011 | 9:29 pm

Hoorah Horray!go Brian!
      I do have a great support system.
      Hooray for me too.

3. Amy
    May 12, 2011 | 1:40 pm

Good husbands are few and far between. You have a great one! I am so glad you are so strong! You will win!

May 14, 2011 | 9:29 pm

Thank you Amy.
      I’m getting there. I’m better than I was.
      He’s a good catch! I agree.

4. Elena
    May 12, 2011 | 1:58 pm

I’m so happy that you had him there. Sorry to hear about this!

May 14, 2011 | 9:29 pm

Its a struggle but I’m getting there.
      I don’t have as many of these moments as I used to.
      He’s a fantastic man for being there the way he is.

5. Galit Breen
    May 12, 2011 | 5:36 pm

This is so beautifully written. Your words weave to tell your story. And painfully so. I’m so glad that your gem was there, that you let him in, and that you’re sharing here, too. Sending you what I’ve got! XO

May 14, 2011 | 9:28 pm

Thank you Galit.
      I am so happy you come to visit me.
      He is super! I’m a lucky girl

6. Andrea
    May 12, 2011 | 5:45 pm

This is beautiful, mama. I’m so sorry that you had to go through it but the incredible support he gives you is just that, incredible. Good for you both and know that we’re here for you in bloggy-land, too. Much love!

7. MamaRobinJ
    May 12, 2011 | 6:46 pm

I am so proud of you for writing this – and so beautifully – and so proud of B for rescuing you. It’s such a slippery slope, and sometimes all we need is a hand.

Those days will come, and there will always be many hands around to help pull you up. xo

May 14, 2011 | 9:26 pm

You are my inspiration Robin.
      I try to make myself ask for help because that is what I preach.
      Keep writing the way you do… you really are helping other people… I’m one of them

8. Nic
    May 13, 2011 | 7:21 am

Here is my second attempt….since the first time I didn’t fill in my email and lost what I wrote….
    This made me cry because I know how hard this is for you. Im so proud of you for sharing this and lettign people know they are not alone. I wanted to just sweep you up and then that wonderful man saves the day. Im so happy that he knows you so well and can need the clues something is wrong. You too are very lucky to have each other. Last night was a positive meeting and I hope you are feeling better. I hope you have an amazing weekend and things are good. Your my BBF and I love YOU!!!! Im always here for whatever you need!!!

May 14, 2011 | 9:25 pm

You have no idea how much your support means to me Nic.
      Thank you for always being there when I need you.
      And for the times I say I don’t but I really do.
      I love you.

May 13, 2011 | 10:01 am

Beautiful. There will be bumps and mountains on this road to recovery but just know how much more stronger and wiser you are now. Look at all the support you have around you to help you back to your feet.
    You are beautiful and stong. Don’t ever doubt that for a minute.

May 14, 2011 | 9:25 pm

Thank you so much for your words.
      I am so thankful for the support.
      I really really am.

10. Runnermom-jen
    May 22, 2011 | 9:50 pm

Hi there…I’ve been “snooping” around your blog. You’re a great writer. I’m sure this was painful to write. As a daughter who watched their mom go in and out of depression until she finally got help (when I was 15), it’s so great you have help now! 🙂
    Just subscribed.