Throat Punch Thursday

Today I’m linking up with The TRUTH About Motherhood for Throat Punch Thursday.

Twice in two weeks my body has been touched without my permission. (and so not in a way I would love to be writing about…ahem)

Twice I have been patted in such a way that it not only embarrasses me but it makes the tapper feel awkward and ashamed.

As they should.

This uninvited touching has forced me to make a formal public service announcement:

I am NOT pregnant.

Do not touch my belly, rub my belly, assist me by offering me a chair, or ask me how I’m feeling.

I feel fine.

You, however, are about to be red faced, head down, foot in mouth humiliated!

I had a baby 13 months ago!

I carry weight in my STOMACH!

I lose fat first in my legs, face, and chest. THAT is why my stomach looks like I have a child growing in there.

Also?

Weren’t you ever taught to never EVER mention a pregnancy unless you

A.      Hear the woman talking about it first and rubbing her belly

B.      Are at her baby shower

C.      SEE THE BABY COMING OUT

For you people who have knocked your heads too many times I am giving you a massive ninja THROAT PUNCH!

HIYAAAAAAA!

Leighann

29 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday
  1. butterflygirl
    May 19, 2011 | 7:49 am

Oh yes I would like to punch a few people myself!! I was congratulated a month ago. I thought he was congratulating me for having a baby, but as the conversation went on I realized he thought I was pregnant. I didn’t correct him, whatever. I think I would of felt just as awkward correcting him as he would of fir saying it..

2. Amy
    May 19, 2011 | 8:16 am

Ummm, those people need more than just a throat punch.

Just sayin. From your vlog the other day you definitely didn’t look pregnant, fyi.

🙂

3. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 19, 2011 | 8:20 am

I would like to borrow your throat punch and use it on this silly woman who asked my 8-month pregnant friend “when she was planning to try for #2”. Kinda the opposite of your situation, but equally insulting.

People should keep their hands to themselves, and their tongues in their mouths!

4. PoM
    May 19, 2011 | 8:55 am

Oh yes. I’ve been there! People are just rude & I’ve been known to be rude back. Don’t blame you!

5. Lindsay
    May 19, 2011 | 9:07 am

Ah yes….I am also a person who carries weight in the tummy…and this happens to me regularly (even when I was 140 lbs pre Holden and Scarlett fat,I still got asked)…the other day at the park, there was an older lady (seems to be a popular problem with the over 50 crowd), she looked at and said “oh wow, you have your hands full, and your expecting again” to which I said “nope not expecting” to which she looked at Scarlett (who is I GIANT almost walking baby) and said “Oh, you JUST had her then?”………ummm, yeah, they always come out 24 lbs! Bah!

6. Lindsay
    May 19, 2011 | 9:47 am

GAWD people can be annoying can’t they???
    “Yep, I’ve got a bit extra hanging around the middle.
    You’re UGLY
    And I can lose weight “

• Lindsay
      May 19, 2011 | 9:48 am

woops! forgot to insert the smirk after that… *heh*

May 19, 2011 | 11:05 am

I am right behind you to give them another throat punch. And I love Lindsay’s comment. I can lose the weight but you can’t change being ugly. Classic.

8. Andrea
    May 19, 2011 | 2:02 pm

AHHH! Stupid people PISS me off! They really TOUCH your stomach? I mean, seriously? I went out last night and a friend was there who is like due any minute and I still wouldn’t touch her stomach! Come on, people! Blech! A$$e$! The lot of ’em!

9. CJ
    May 19, 2011 | 2:57 pm

People need to get on the common sense train….

10. Sherri
    May 19, 2011 | 5:15 pm

Oh, this is just beyond rude….way, WAY beyond! You never, EVER assume that a woman is preggers. You just don’t.

Pity the person who would say that to me…I might just shove a watermelon down their throat and see how they like it!

May 21, 2011 | 9:14 am

I can’t imagine why someone would even ask given the chance that the person could say that they aren’t expecting!
      But she didn’t even show remorse.
      Rude! I should go back with a watermelon on your advice

11. Ra
    May 19, 2011 | 8:43 pm

Doodle, I saw you a week ago and thought you looked Fab.

12. liz
    May 19, 2011 | 9:25 pm

I’m so glad you turned this into a Throat Punch!

Booyah!

13. Handflapper
    May 19, 2011 | 9:30 pm

I tell those people (with my saddest sad face) that no, I just wish I was pregnant, but unfortunately I have an inoperable stomach tumor. Then they are mortified and I get flowers and stuff.

14. Truthful Mommy
    May 19, 2011 | 10:34 pm

OMG! What douche canoes, they so deserve to be Throat Punched. I fucking hate stupid people.I had a babydoll dress on the other day and I was so scared someone was going to ask me if I were pregnant…hey,Im chubby and Im not saying Im not but if anyone ever asked me if I was preggers (god forbid) touched my belly..they would be pulling back a nub! YOu go girl. I think they deserve an actual throat punch..must I send back up?Throat Punchers of the world UNITE!And than you so much for participating in TPT!!!

May 21, 2011 | 9:10 am

I know, now I’m nervous to wear that shirt ever again!
      AND I LOVE IT.
      I can’t believe people don’t know not to ask these things!

15. MamaTrack
    May 19, 2011 | 10:39 pm

As you should, Mumma! What insensitive idiots. Punch them for me.

16. Nic
    May 20, 2011 | 11:55 pm

It is unexceptable to EVER assume someone is prego or the same goes with stating the sex of a baby! 2 things that should be listed in a guide book! Should’ve taught in school…
    I hope the women/men who touched you feel like a jackass! so stupid!

May 21, 2011 | 9:07 am

I don’t think she does.
      She didn’t show any remorse at all.
      What a jerk.

17. mama_pez
    May 21, 2011 | 2:08 pm

Someone asked when I was due (while I was carrying my infant child in a Moby Wrap). I said negative 9 months and pointedly looked at my child. *roll eyes*

18. MamaRobinJ
    May 25, 2011 | 12:07 pm

Oh.my.god. Really?! Why do people do this?!

I’m the same with weigh. I did manage to lose it all but it has found me again. I love looking 4 months pregnant. No really, I do.

I’ll punch them for you too.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/05/19/throat-punch/trackback/

Throat Punch Thursday

Today I’m linking up with The TRUTH About Motherhood for Throat Punch Thursday.

As they should.

I am NOT pregnant.

I feel fine.

You, however, are about to be red faced, head down, foot in mouth humiliated!

I had a baby 13 months ago!

I carry weight in my STOMACH!

Also?

Weren’t you ever taught to never EVER mention a pregnancy unless you

A.      Hear the woman talking about it first and rubbing her belly

B.      Are at her baby shower

C.      SEE THE BABY COMING OUT

HIYAAAAAAA!

Leighann

29 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday
  1. butterflygirl
    May 19, 2011 | 7:49 am

2. Amy
    May 19, 2011 | 8:16 am

Ummm, those people need more than just a throat punch.

🙂

3. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 19, 2011 | 8:20 am

4. PoM
    May 19, 2011 | 8:55 am

5. Lindsay
    May 19, 2011 | 9:07 am

6. Lindsay
    May 19, 2011 | 9:47 am

GAWD people can be annoying can’t they???
    “Yep, I’ve got a bit extra hanging around the middle.
    You’re UGLY
    And I can lose weight “

• Lindsay
      May 19, 2011 | 9:48 am

woops! forgot to insert the smirk after that… *heh*

May 19, 2011 | 11:05 am

8. Andrea
    May 19, 2011 | 2:02 pm

9. CJ
    May 19, 2011 | 2:57 pm

People need to get on the common sense train….

10. Sherri
    May 19, 2011 | 5:15 pm

May 21, 2011 | 9:14 am

But she didn’t even show remorse.
      Rude! I should go back with a watermelon on your advice

11. Ra
    May 19, 2011 | 8:43 pm

Doodle, I saw you a week ago and thought you looked Fab.

12. liz
    May 19, 2011 | 9:25 pm

I’m so glad you turned this into a Throat Punch!

Booyah!

13. Handflapper
    May 19, 2011 | 9:30 pm

14. Truthful Mommy
    May 19, 2011 | 10:34 pm

May 21, 2011 | 9:10 am

I know, now I’m nervous to wear that shirt ever again!
      AND I LOVE IT.
      I can’t believe people don’t know not to ask these things!

15. MamaTrack
    May 19, 2011 | 10:39 pm

As you should, Mumma! What insensitive idiots. Punch them for me.

16. Nic
    May 20, 2011 | 11:55 pm

I hope the women/men who touched you feel like a jackass! so stupid!

May 21, 2011 | 9:07 am

I don’t think she does.
      She didn’t show any remorse at all.
      What a jerk.

17. mama_pez
    May 21, 2011 | 2:08 pm

18. MamaRobinJ
    May 25, 2011 | 12:07 pm

Oh.my.god. Really?! Why do people do this?!

I’ll punch them for you too.