Back to Work and Loving it!

Today I have a guest post for you from the talented Chantelle from Mom Went Crazy!
I really relate to Chantelle because she’s just returning to work after having her second baby, she writes from her heart, and she’s HILARIOUS!
If you haven’t checked out her site DO IT!
Her first Vlog had me laughing hysterically!
So, follow her, comment, stalk, it will all make her day!

Hey everyone,

I’m Chantelle, from Mom Went Crazy.

Sometimes I’m funny, sometimes I’m serious. Other times I rant.

Today, I’m guest posting for Leighann.

Like a lot of you, I write based on my mood.

Today was my first day back to work after having my youngest daughter, Sophie.

My mood today?

Relief.

I know that sounds strange.

But can I be honest with you about one thing?

It was so nice to talk to grownups all day.

Don’t get me wrong.

I love my short people. I have two girls and they are awesome.

But I’ve spent the last 10 months at home, blogging for sanity and tweeting for support.

I’ve been a prince rescuing a princess, a puppy, a movie watcher, a puppet master, lunch and snack server, cleaner, butt wiper, nose

wiper, mess wiper, driver, milk machine, and boo-boo kisser.

Today?

I was a grownup talking with other grownups.

It was a welcome change.

Leaving your baby is a difficult thing.

My daycare center is a wonderful place.

My oldest daughter loves it.

My cousin works there.

Three of the teachers that work there were my daycare teachers. One of them is in Sophie’s room.

I feel confident that she is happy and loved.

I sent her a few weeks early to get her used to it.

I didn’t want to be a wreck with worry my first day back.

They have her on a routine. She’s napping for a change! Two hours in a row! Amazing.

Yes, my life is a little more rushed.

But, I feel so complete when I’m working at the flower shop.

If I didn’t love it, I couldn’t leave my babies.

I’m a better mommy when I am working.

I have a chance to miss my daughters.

When I was home, I spent a lot of time cooking and cleaning up messes because there were three of in the house all day.

We had time to play later because we were always home.

Some days ‘later’ never came.

Now that I work all day when I come home, it’s just our time.

We play and play and play and play.

Cleaning can wait until after bedtime.

Because the three hours from home-time until bed-time are all I get with my precious babies.

I make it count.

Thank you Chantelle for taking the time to Guest Post for me!

I was so honoured to have you!

Leighann

10 Responses to Back to Work and Loving it!
  1. Yasmin @ a little less fluff
    May 26, 2011 | 7:04 am

Hi there!

I totally understand where Chantelle is coming from. I used to be well on my way on my chosen career path. With all good intents and purposes I was going to go back to work after my maternity leave. Turns out twins are rather intimidating. So as it turns out I spent the better half of nearly 3 years at home.

I finally went back (and by that I mean I was able to and finally found a job after looking for a bit) to work in April.
    It was pure bliss.

Like Chantelle says, its not that I dont love my kids but I so badly craved the interaction with other adults.

Thanks and I will be popping over to Chantelle’s blog now. 🙂

2. Kristin Brænne
    May 26, 2011 | 8:39 am

Be a ★

3. Cookie's Mom
    May 26, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Good for you, Chantelle! You have the right attitude. I’m a stay-at-home mom (well, at work at home mom), and I really relate to what you said about getting to miss your girls. I don’t have as many opportunities to miss my little guy… but I sure miss him today (he’s at preschool).

4. Ask Mama Works
    May 26, 2011 | 12:14 pm

One little chapter dedicated to going back to work in the ”What to Expect…” books doesn’t cut it, does it? The plight of the ‘working mom’ is bigger than that.

I’ve graciously held the title of “working mom,” for almost eight years now, and I think we’re an exceptional bunch. The ages of our children may span several years. Our family situations may be widely divergent and what we do for work probably traverses from “just a paycheck” to “an identity” to “a career.” In so many ways, we’re different.

And in so many ways we are from the same mold. We have the same struggles with balance. The same weaknesses. The same parenting problems. The same identity issues.

We need each other.

5. Handflapper
    May 27, 2011 | 1:29 pm

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. . . I knew I was lucky to stay at home with my boys when they were little, but seriously, how many times can you read the same children’s story before someone gets stabbed?

6. Jen@Dear Mommy Brain...
    May 27, 2011 | 4:15 pm

I know that I’m a better parent now that I’m working. I miss my daughter terribly, but I really appreciate the time I spend with her now instead of always thinking of ways to distract her while I am trying to get something done.

7. Overwhelmed | Mom Went Crazy
    May 27, 2011 | 8:34 pm

[…] I blogged all about it over at Leighann’s house. […]

8. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 27, 2011 | 9:23 pm

I know what you mean by having conversations and connections with grown ups. I do miss that.

But I don’t miss the idiocy and politics. But I worked at a big corporation that was full of that. Your job sounds ideal. I have always wanted to work at a flower shop, or own one. Really!

Glad you’re happy! 🙂

May 28, 2011 | 8:19 am

It makes a huge difference when you love your job. I didn’t, so the decision to quit (not even much of a decision since I had preemie twins) was a relief. But I do think I have somewhat forgotten how to talk to adults. 🙂

May 31, 2011 | 5:59 pm

It’s a good thing you love your job. Not everybody has that.

And, get a housecleaner for the mess in the house. Makes it so much easier.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/05/26/back-to-work-and-loving-it/trackback/

Back to Work and Loving it!

If you haven’t checked out her site DO IT!
Her first Vlog had me laughing hysterically!
So, follow her, comment, stalk, it will all make her day!

Hey everyone,

I’m Chantelle, from Mom Went Crazy.

Sometimes I’m funny, sometimes I’m serious. Other times I rant.

Today, I’m guest posting for Leighann.

Like a lot of you, I write based on my mood.

Today was my first day back to work after having my youngest daughter, Sophie.

My mood today?

Relief.

I know that sounds strange.

But can I be honest with you about one thing?

It was so nice to talk to grownups all day.

Don’t get me wrong.

I love my short people. I have two girls and they are awesome.

wiper, mess wiper, driver, milk machine, and boo-boo kisser.

Today?

I was a grownup talking with other grownups.

It was a welcome change.

Leaving your baby is a difficult thing.

My daycare center is a wonderful place.

My oldest daughter loves it.

My cousin works there.

I feel confident that she is happy and loved.

I sent her a few weeks early to get her used to it.

I didn’t want to be a wreck with worry my first day back.

Yes, my life is a little more rushed.

But, I feel so complete when I’m working at the flower shop.

If I didn’t love it, I couldn’t leave my babies.

I’m a better mommy when I am working.

I have a chance to miss my daughters.

We had time to play later because we were always home.

Some days ‘later’ never came.

Now that I work all day when I come home, it’s just our time.

We play and play and play and play.

Cleaning can wait until after bedtime.

I make it count.

Thank you Chantelle for taking the time to Guest Post for me!

I was so honoured to have you!

Leighann

10 Responses to Back to Work and Loving it!
  1. Yasmin @ a little less fluff

May 26, 2011 | 12:08 pm

4. Ask Mama Works
    May 26, 2011 | 12:14 pm

We need each other.

5. Handflapper
    May 27, 2011 | 1:29 pm

6. Jen@Dear Mommy Brain...
    May 27, 2011 | 4:15 pm

7. Overwhelmed | Mom Went Crazy
    May 27, 2011 | 8:34 pm

[…] I blogged all about it over at Leighann’s house. […]

8. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 27, 2011 | 9:23 pm

Glad you’re happy! 🙂

May 28, 2011 | 8:19 am

May 31, 2011 | 5:59 pm

It’s a good thing you love your job. Not everybody has that.

And, get a housecleaner for the mess in the house. Makes it so much easier.