Throat Punch Thursday

When we bought our house we knew eventually we would have to find an alternate heating source. Oil gets expensive.

But, I am a freak when it comes to our budget and go over it twice a month, on pay days, with a fine tooth comb. I know exactly what comes in and what goes out, I know how much we have at all times, and I know what we can afford.

This freak side of me didn’t come naturally, it was learned. After years of hearing my father preach it and then a horrible credit card experience I finally got it!

So when we chose an oil company to provide us with oil and service it was my expectation that they would also give me an accurate quote for my monthly payment based on use. I expected the sales man who came to my house to have some knowledge of his product. I thought we all had an understanding.

Receiving a notice in the mail that my monthly payment would be tripling because the quote was underestimated was only the beginning of the many THROAT PUNCHES they are about to receive from me.

Their response to my tactful email was timely but not satisfactory, it did not resolve my issue and my bill remains at the same amount. THROAT PUNCH number 2.

When I called their offices in order to “discuss” my invoice there was no discussion. They simply told me arrangements would have to be made. I could pay now or I could pay later. Either way I had to pay. THROAT PUNCH number 3.

How can a company expect a family to pay for a bill THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT they budgeted with 30 days notice?

Why are their sales people idiots?

Do they like THROAT PUNCHES?

Oil company… I hate you. You’ve left me trapped and unable to do anything but pay you so that my family is warm this winter.

That’s a bitch move.

Enjoy your Throat Punches.

Cow.

Linking up with The Truth About Motherhood

17 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday
  1. Lady Estrogen
    June 2, 2011 | 6:54 am

Ewwww – I know what ya mean.
    What do they expect?!
    It’s disgusting how everything is going up by 5-10%… except our damn salaries. WTF???

June 2, 2011 | 7:05 am

Ugh….they sound like Bell…jerk faces

3. Ra
    June 2, 2011 | 7:34 am

Dont worry hunny, i am going to win the lottery and i will pay that stupid oil company and i will take care of your mortgage too ;0)

4. Barbara
    June 2, 2011 | 7:54 am

They so take advantage because you have no choice but to pay them! They definitely deserve a punch in the throat!

5. lindsay @ you are here
    June 2, 2011 | 8:29 am

HA we had this happen this winter in the shitty farmhouse we were living in. I almost had a heart attack when I opened an $800 (nearly $900) oil bill – for 2 months !!!
    And Kim, yeah. Bell sucks ass. I told them to SUCK IT when we moved and didn’t HAVE to use them anymore.

Throat punch for SURE !

6. Teresa
    June 2, 2011 | 9:00 am

That sucks so bad. Those asses. I am thankful that the house we rent has a giant wood stove and that dh knows how to get fire wood. 🙁 It is time consuming but we could never afford oil, I shudder at the thought. Can you call other companies after this or are you locked in?

7. ninja Mommers
    June 2, 2011 | 10:59 am

What a bunch of buggers. I hate that, people are so rude! GRRRRR!

8. Twinisms
    June 2, 2011 | 11:14 am

I’m sorry, that does indeed suck! Stupid oil companies! You should send them this blog though, because it’s awesome and all that:)

9. Carolyn
    June 2, 2011 | 11:18 am

That’s awful! I’ve heard some similar stories. Can they let you spread out the payments?

10. Amy
    June 2, 2011 | 11:52 am

The salespeople don’t care. They only care that its one more person checked off there list. Douche bags.

Sorry you are having to deal with this!

June 2, 2011 | 1:10 pm

That sucks! Just another mark against Canadia in my book. 😉

12. Carina
    June 2, 2011 | 1:46 pm

I’m so, so very sorry and

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

It sounds like some people need some throat punches. If I were there, I’d help.

I hope your budget survives.

13. Handflapper
    June 2, 2011 | 6:03 pm

Throat punch, nut and/or vag kick as appropriate. Report their asses to your Better Business Bureau. That shit is ridiculous.

14. Crystal
    June 2, 2011 | 6:37 pm

I think you should report them too. These companies take advantage of us because they know we have few, if any, options other than pay or do without. I think they all deserve a throat punch!

June 2, 2011 | 11:40 pm

Those damn oil companies are worthless. They deserve many throat punches.

16. MamaRobinJ
    June 11, 2011 | 4:33 pm

Brutal. That shouldn’t be allowed.

But… you’re a budgeting whiz? Do you use a spreadsheet or something? Wanna send it to me? I need help.