Big Steps

Two fingers grasp the leg of the highchair, wound tightly keeping her upright. Her smile is wide and full of 6 teeth.

Stomp stomp stomp

She marches in place and giggles, throwing her head back and then points at us all. Soaking in the attention and the applause she laughs loudly and claps, letting go of her support.

Gasp.

There she stands, all on her own, and claps her hands.

Friends are visiting and they encourage her to come to them, they tell her she can do it.

Tilting her head towards her shoulder she smirks and then bends down to pick up a wayward shoe, she holds her prize high in the air and squeals before stepping forward.

One step

Two steps

Three steps

Four steps

Five steps

Did that just happen? She just walked! My baby just walked! Did everyone see that?

So much screaming. Celebrating. Hugging. Clapping.

So proud.

She was so proud.

Her grin grew 3 times its size.

My heart grew 3 times its size.

I was so proud.

Let's BEE Friends

35 Responses to Big Steps
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 3, 2011 | 8:55 am

Oh I know just the feeling!! Monkey started walking very late, at 14.5 months so I was just thrilled when he took those first few steps unassisted! I literally could not stop smiling!

Yay!!!

June 5, 2011 | 10:07 am

I didn’t know I would be so excited about steps.
      I was jumping up and down and screaming!
      We were all clapping!
      So very happy.

June 3, 2011 | 9:01 am

yay!!!
    Now wait until she starts to use the potty. They really think you’re bonkers then!!

3. lindsay @ you are here
    June 3, 2011 | 10:03 am

And I know that your guests were just as proud of her as you were 🙂
    And were THRILLED and awed that they got to witness such a momentous occasion.

Congratulations Peanut!!

And Leighann…life will never be the same.

And yes, you will wish she had never learned. 🙂

June 5, 2011 | 10:06 am

So far she’s still crawling and only walking when she feels like it.
      Fingers crossed she does this for awhile longer

4. Amy
    June 3, 2011 | 10:42 am

WAHOO!!! The first steps are SO exciting!!

5. Pippin
    June 3, 2011 | 10:43 am

Her face was priceless!!!! So glad and proud to witness this very exciting moment in your life scarlet…first of many XOXO

6. Mom
    June 3, 2011 | 10:45 am

That is awesome!! Glad you were home to witness that very precious “first” in your daughter’s life. You will have to “step up your game”.. just to keep up to her.

7. Paulette
    June 3, 2011 | 11:05 am

What a joyous feeling that is! YAY!

8. Lady Estrogen
    June 3, 2011 | 12:45 pm

Yeah!!! So exciting.
    Now? It’s super-duper baby-proofing time. LOL

9. Liz (North Shore Mommy)
    June 3, 2011 | 12:47 pm

Hooray! The first steps are a major milestone! Of course, once they start walking, life changes forever. You will be forever chasing her. 🙂

June 5, 2011 | 10:04 am

I like that I can hold her hand and there isn’t as much carrying but man she wants to pick up EVERYTHING!
      Life feels slow. Like we have to stop and look at everything on the ground.

10. Nic
    June 3, 2011 | 1:41 pm

So proud of her!!!!

June 3, 2011 | 2:29 pm

How exciting!!!! Now your life will forever be changed. Tomorrow, she will be running.

June 5, 2011 | 10:03 am

This is what I hear.
      Thankfully she still hovers between crawling and walking a few steps. yay.

12. Runnermom-jen
    June 3, 2011 | 6:19 pm

That is so awesome and exciting!! So glad you were there for those first steps!

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

Me too!
      I was nervous we wouldn’t be but she waited for us to see.

13. Crystal
    June 3, 2011 | 6:27 pm

That is totally awesome! Grats!

14. MamaTrack
    June 3, 2011 | 9:09 pm

Love this! I’m so glad you caught it. I’ve been thinking about trying to get the toddler’s first steps written down.

Congrats to all of you!!

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

I’m so happy we got to see it, I was so worried she’d start at daycare.

15. Mom Went Crazy
    June 3, 2011 | 11:25 pm

Yay!!!!!!! That’s awesome! You wrote this out just perfectly! You’re so talented. Your next pic will have to be some kind of walking picture!

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

Thanks Chantelle!!
      P.S. your guest post at Jessica’s was awesome!

16. Carina
    June 4, 2011 | 3:08 pm

Very cute! You always have a way with intense descriptions – I love reading them.

17. Caitlin's Concepts
    June 6, 2011 | 1:11 am

Aw, hooray!!! I love how you compared her smile and your heart, because everyone knows how linked they are in baby and momma. =D

Wow… I am so not ready for this with my youngest, which is fine because, at almost 9 months, he shows NOOO signs of remote readiness. My 16yo and 7yo walked just at their 1st birthday. My nearly 3yo walked at 11 months to the day. This one? He was a month premature and has had his toddler-assassin brother to prevent him from even rolling.. So we’re not even close to crawling yet! =

18. MamaRobinJ
    June 11, 2011 | 4:19 pm

Yay! Watching C take his first steps was one of the best things ever. I caught it on video so I can watch it over and over and it still lights me up every time.

Way to go, baby girl!

June 11, 2011 | 5:24 pm

We got it on video too. She’s still wobbly and whenever she takes more than 10 steps I get so excited!!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/06/03/big-steps/trackback/

Big Steps

Stomp stomp stomp

Gasp.

There she stands, all on her own, and claps her hands.

One step

Two steps

Three steps

Four steps

Five steps

So much screaming. Celebrating. Hugging. Clapping.

So proud.

She was so proud.

Her grin grew 3 times its size.

My heart grew 3 times its size.

I was so proud.

Let's BEE Friends

35 Responses to Big Steps
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 3, 2011 | 8:55 am

Yay!!!

June 5, 2011 | 10:07 am

I didn’t know I would be so excited about steps.
      I was jumping up and down and screaming!
      We were all clapping!
      So very happy.

June 3, 2011 | 9:01 am

yay!!!

3. lindsay @ you are here
    June 3, 2011 | 10:03 am

And I know that your guests were just as proud of her as you were 🙂
    And were THRILLED and awed that they got to witness such a momentous occasion.

Congratulations Peanut!!

And Leighann…life will never be the same.

And yes, you will wish she had never learned. 🙂

June 5, 2011 | 10:06 am

So far she’s still crawling and only walking when she feels like it.
      Fingers crossed she does this for awhile longer

4. Amy
    June 3, 2011 | 10:42 am

WAHOO!!! The first steps are SO exciting!!

5. Pippin
    June 3, 2011 | 10:43 am

6. Mom
    June 3, 2011 | 10:45 am

7. Paulette
    June 3, 2011 | 11:05 am

What a joyous feeling that is! YAY!

8. Lady Estrogen
    June 3, 2011 | 12:45 pm

Yeah!!! So exciting.
    Now? It’s super-duper baby-proofing time. LOL

9. Liz (North Shore Mommy)
    June 3, 2011 | 12:47 pm

June 5, 2011 | 10:04 am

Life feels slow. Like we have to stop and look at everything on the ground.

10. Nic
    June 3, 2011 | 1:41 pm

So proud of her!!!!

June 3, 2011 | 2:29 pm

June 5, 2011 | 10:03 am

This is what I hear.
      Thankfully she still hovers between crawling and walking a few steps. yay.

12. Runnermom-jen
    June 3, 2011 | 6:19 pm

That is so awesome and exciting!! So glad you were there for those first steps!

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

Me too!
      I was nervous we wouldn’t be but she waited for us to see.

13. Crystal
    June 3, 2011 | 6:27 pm

That is totally awesome! Grats!

14. MamaTrack
    June 3, 2011 | 9:09 pm

Congrats to all of you!!

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

I’m so happy we got to see it, I was so worried she’d start at daycare.

15. Mom Went Crazy
    June 3, 2011 | 11:25 pm

June 5, 2011 | 10:02 am

Thanks Chantelle!!
      P.S. your guest post at Jessica’s was awesome!

16. Carina