And the Winner is?!

You’re all waiting aren’t you!

You’re on the edge of your chairs wondering who won? Was it the vagina touching or the penis drag? Was it the nose pickers or the booby feeler?

Well, you will soon find out.

After a post.

A post about bloggers, blogging, and blog love.

I’m a relatively new blogger, I know, shocking!

Almost six months.

I adore the supportive community that is this writing world, I appreciate the encouragement and assistance from people I have met and I value the friendships I have made.

I have been lucky to not be a victim of online bullying to the extent that others have and I firmly believe we should build each other up, not tear each other down.

Recently, with the arrival of Klout, I’ve been reading a lot of posts, from new and seasoned bloggers, regarding their numbers, comments, Google Friend Connect, and now, their Klout scores.  They’re reaching out to one another for advice on how to maximize their social media reach, how to read more blogs, and how to get more comments.

These numbers games are poo stew for me!

I don’t look at my blog stats and the only reason I go to Klout is because I like to spread the love.

I never stop reading someone’s blog because they don’t visit mine, I read them for what they write not because I have an expectation of a visit in return.

I blog for the love of the written word, the relationships I’m building, and for me!

The numbers aren’t important, your words are what matter.

OK.

Now onto the WINNER.

The winner receives a HAWT Estro-Tote from Lady Estrogen and their blog button on my site for TWO weeks!

Congratulations…..

MAMA MASH!!

You’re child pulls the dog around by the penis far too often, and we love you for it!

Email me your address and we’ll send you this fantastic bag (as soon as the postal strike is over).

Leighann

29 Responses to And the Winner is?!
    June 27, 2011 | 6:58 am

First of all, I love your blogging attitude. I’m a total stats person, I was even before blogging so it’s a tough habit to break. I love that you are carefree about the whole thing and do it because you love it.
    Second of all, congrats to Mama Mash, who can top that one??

June 27, 2011 | 9:37 am

Thank you Jessica!!

You are one of my blog idols. You content, not numbers, draws people to you.

2. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 27, 2011 | 7:45 am

Congratulations my fellow #twixen (that’s tweet vixen if you must know), Mama Mash! You absolutely deserve it.

Leigh Ann, you are absolutely right, your attitude towards blogging is awesome. I hope I’m marginally like you. I haven’t looked at my stats in weeks and I’m just enjoying reading blogs, leaving long comments like these and tweeting the hell out of Twitter.

Love ya #twixen! xoxo

June 27, 2011 | 9:36 am

I don’t compare to you Alison. I wish I could comment as much as you!! You show love like no one else! Xoxo

3. Lady Estrogen
    June 27, 2011 | 9:21 am

YAY!! Congrats mama mash – hope you enjoy… eventually.
    Poo Stew? OMG – that’s awesome.
    lol

June 27, 2011 | 9:35 am

Ya!! Strike is supposed to be over tomorrow but they have piles if mail to sort through!!

Lady E- poo stew headed your way!

4. The Scent Peddler
    June 27, 2011 | 9:52 am

Hi Leighann…you crack me up with your writing style. I first found you through the Canadian Moms Community and have been reading your posts ever since. I just about spewed my coffee on my monitor this morning as I read this post when I came to “poo stew”. LOL I recovered though so no need to worry. LOL

Keep up the great posts, I for one have enjoyed reading them.

June 27, 2011 | 3:13 pm

Hi!!

Thank you so much!!

I’m so glad another Canadian has found me and enjoys me!!

I’m flattered.

• The Scent Peddler
        June 27, 2011 | 3:15 pm

Not just another Canadian…but looks like we’re neighbours too (honest, I’m not stalking you – LOL). I’m just north of Shannonville and say from Canadian Moms that you’re in Belleville.

5. suitcasefulloftricks
    June 27, 2011 | 10:04 am

I agree. I read blogs because I like to read blogs. And by the way, I really like yours! I do look at stats because I’m totally anal like that and I love benchmarks, but really, I have no idea what’s really good or bad.

June 27, 2011 | 3:12 pm

You like mine! That’s wonderful news!!

I’m doing a dance right now.

6. FranceRants
    June 27, 2011 | 10:08 am

Sigh…..It’s so hard to compete with someone who pulls a dog penis……….

Agree with your blogging outlook, it can drive you crazy if you look at stats all the time!!!

7. mamamash
    June 27, 2011 | 10:51 am

AHHH! I’d like to thank the academy, the voters, and my son who is attracted to anything that can be pulled, including my boobs, which is why they no longer point in the normal direction.

I like to have a bit of fun with the Klout and the stats, but you’re right, that’s not why we should write or Tweet. The camaraderie and connections are what’s it’s all about!

Thanks, Leighann! Stoked about the bag!

June 27, 2011 | 3:10 pm

You are one of a kind my friend. Congratulations!!

So proud if you.

And kinda sorry for your dog.

8. Jackie
    June 27, 2011 | 10:56 am

Stats… I don’t like to look at them because they’re depressing. They can cause you all sorts of unwanted angst!
    I do like Klout though!

And congrats to Mama Mash!

June 27, 2011 | 11:12 am

I used to look at stats but now I have kind of stopped. I don’t have time for it and it really doesn’t matter.

Congratulations Mama Mash on that bag! Now we can be twins.

June 27, 2011 | 3:09 pm

You can be twins!!!

And then when I get my hair feather I can get a little creature fort hair and we can arrange play dates!!

10. liz
    June 27, 2011 | 12:08 pm

I love that (Gnomeo and) “Juliet” won the bag!

And you have the right attitude about all the numbers stuff! You really do.

June 27, 2011 | 3:09 pm

I’m stoked for her!!

Also? Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if I’m supposed to be stressing about something I’m not

June 27, 2011 | 2:36 pm

Great attitude, L! Fyi giving k’s to people doesn’t do anything for their score. I would hate if it became just another popularity contest that made some people feel bad. But you rock and so does Mama Mash with her dog penis quote!

June 27, 2011 | 3:06 pm

Oh. I thought I was helping ppl. Oh well, it makes me feel good

June 27, 2011 | 7:39 pm

I LOVE your attitude towards blogging! I started writing for me and have developed amazing relationships with others along the way. THAT is why I continue to blog and connect on twitter. It’s not because I need to increase my numbers. I can’t get caught up in the number game. It just seems silly to me.

June 27, 2011 | 10:05 pm

Absolutely!! Blogging should be for you!! When it becomes about pleasing others, ads, and stressful it’s time to re-evaluate.

13. bywordofmouthmusings
    June 27, 2011 | 8:50 pm

LOVE This!
    I wrote about not being a big blogger.
    I wrote about blog rolls that make me cry.
    I wrote about how I don’t get Klout – but love that you still go spread the Klout around … I should do this too.
    and I have a girl dog – so now I’m screwed ….

June 27, 2011 | 10:03 pm

Lol. I read your post! Numbers are silly. They cause unnecessary anxiety. Klout is fun and I love spreading it around. Thank you for giving me one. I see them as virtual hugs.

14. Andrea
    July 4, 2011 | 7:16 pm

I puffy heart you because I totally don’t look at my stats. I just added a counter to my blog because @blueviolet made me do it. 😉 She told me it helps if I want to do giveaways, etc. so I did it. We’ll see. I DID, however, make it invisible, so I would not be tempted to look at it, like ever. Ever. Hugs to you!! Now, off to think about buying that bag, there were links, right? 😉

July 5, 2011 | 8:54 pm

Yes, the links are on Lady E’s blog.
      Thanks for stopping around, I’ve missed you!