Throat Punch Thursday

For today’s throat punch I need a second to ask the recipient to go and get a babysitter.

I can’t chop her gullet in front of her child.

OH wait, I AM the babysitter…. Right. That’s why she’s getting the slap to the larynx.

Because she’s a complete stranger, a woman I have never met in my entire life, and she left her baby with me.  With us.

Without asking.

No I’m not kidding.

I don’t kid on Throat Punch Thursdays.

Her daughter was adorable and my child loves babies, so we went over to say hi, to make baby friends, and then to leave.

But we couldn’t leave.

Her mother was no where to be found.

I looked around, searching high a low for her boney little body, which could be hiding anywhere; in the garbage can, the fake ferns, I even checked in my purse.

Brian spotted her.

At the cell phone kiosk.

Bitch please.

If I wanted a second baby badly enough right now your precious, chubby faced, beautiful little girl would have been mine!

She would have been safe with me and I would NEVER have left her with a stranger while I looked at cases for my iphone.

BUT.

You are lucky that it was us who you left her with while your brain leapt from your head and you put shopping in front of your child’s safety.

Because I would never steal your baby.

This Throat Punch comes with a lesson in parenting you sad woman.

There are many people who would steal your baby, they are waiting for an opportunity just like this one and would have disappeared in an instant with your tiny girl.

Your child should be the most important person in your life, you never leave her with a stranger. If you need a break then call a friend, her grandparent, or a real babysitter you trust!

Your throat punch comes in the form of disappointment. From one mother to another.

That should sting more.

I am very disappointed.

28 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday
  1. Lindsay
    June 30, 2011 | 8:01 am

This has seriously happened to me before. I was sitting in the park when some guy, out of nowhere, asked me to watch his 3 kids while he ran to staples to get pencils.

Seriously.

And before I could say, uh, I don’t know you from Adam… he was gone!

Luckily, he came back! LOL

• Lindsay
      June 30, 2011 | 8:01 am

p.s. LOVE the new look… very YOU with the peacocks et al.

2. Truthful Mommy
    June 30, 2011 | 8:37 am

Apparently, people are out of their freaking minds.OMG! Thank God you guys didnt just walk away or who knows what may have happened to this poor little baby!ARGH, people so deserve Throat Punches! I hope she reads this before someone actually does in fact SNATCH her baby.
    Yey you for being a good samaritan.
    Boo*Hiss and a Chuck Norris Throat Punch to her for being such a shit Mommy.

3. Sarcasm Goddess
    June 30, 2011 | 8:45 am

Throat punch Thursday is probably one of the greatest things ever! Bitch please!! Haha! That mother was SO lucky she left her baby with you. What is wrong with people?

4. christina
    June 30, 2011 | 10:17 am

disgusting and so very appalling!

5. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 30, 2011 | 10:23 am

First, LOVE the new look, it’s gorgeous!

OMG some people just should not be allowed to have children! What was she thinking? Fortunately for the child, it was you, not some sicko who would take that baby in a heartbeat. A well deserved throat punch.

6. Galit Breen
    June 30, 2011 | 5:27 pm

That woman? Is sad.

That baby? Is lucky {that you were there}.

and your site? Ohmygiidness you site! Looks freakin phenomenal! Hooray for you!!

Ahem. I’ll contain myself now.

XO

7. Maegan
    July 1, 2011 | 12:34 am

Gah, that makes me so mad! I go to the park every morning with my tot, and am amazed at the lack of attention so many kids are getting from their parent. Too many on their phones or chatting with other moms, not even looking at their kids. I always feel like I need to try and keep an eye on them, but my boy comes first. That lady IS lucky she left her daughter with you … unfortunately there are so many bad people out there 🙁

July 1, 2011 | 9:10 pm

Many parents don’t interact with their children. I can understand multitasking but there comes a time when your child needs undivided attention.

8. MamaRobinJ
    July 1, 2011 | 1:17 am

Oh.My.God. WTF?! Did you say anything to her? Did she even notice when she came back that strangers were with her child? Oy vey.

July 1, 2011 | 1:19 am

WTF was this lady thinking leaving her kid alone? Throat punch is definitely deserved.

July 1, 2011 | 9:02 pm

and maybe a ninja kick too?
      Lets get her.

July 1, 2011 | 2:49 am

WTF was she thinking?!? How could you leave your child with a stranger? She deserves this throat punch!

July 1, 2011 | 9:02 pm

she sure does!!
      I don’t think she had a brain in her head.

11. JDaniel4's Mom
    July 1, 2011 | 12:39 pm

I can’t believe any phone call was important enough to leave your child and take it.

12. Heidi
    July 3, 2011 | 11:28 am

The depths of peoples idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

This is my favorite line:

“Bitch please.”

Awesome.

13. Carri
    July 3, 2011 | 12:21 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Bitch please is right! What a stupid woman.
    And? LOVE the new site!

14. Lex
    July 3, 2011 | 12:57 pm

Wow! She is a complete idiot.

15. Ugh. That’s happened to us before. Flipping weirdo parents.

16. Dana K
    July 3, 2011 | 7:06 pm

She left her child with a complete stranger. OMG. A throat punch is being NICE!

I do encourage Klaw to play without me at playgrounds (I kinda wanna throat punch helicopter parents) & other areas but I don’t hand him off to other people and go shopping.

17. Sarah
    July 4, 2011 | 12:42 am

That woman is a moron… and definitely deserves a throat punch.
    I’ve had it happen to me before… and I’m always gobsmacked. How the hell can parents act like that? I AM nice… but what if I wasn’t? They’d never know in the first 30 seconds that they meet me.

18. Mommy's Paradise
    July 4, 2011 | 5:10 am

Is that woman living on another planet? She definitely deserves a Throat Punch so maybe next time she thinks about her girl first.

19. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    July 4, 2011 | 8:05 pm

I agree with Dana that the throat punch was being nice..what was the scene when she finally showed back up? I’ve had family do that to me and while still annoying, not as stupid

July 5, 2011 | 8:53 pm

we gave her major snake eyes!
      And a flash of the hairy eye ball but no harsh words, her daughter and mine were present.
      I should have gave her a stern talking to and a spankin’

February 5, 2012 | 10:21 am

Slap you in the larynx???
    I die.
    We’ve never hired a babysitter. We have Nana and Papa.
    And the occasional aunt and uncle.
    It’s cheaper that way.

February 5, 2012 | 10:34 am

I have no idea how this posted to my facebook!
      Glad it did though.
      Strangers are weird.

21. Karyn Climans
    February 5, 2012 | 1:04 pm

How could anyone be so irresponsible?

February 5, 2012 | 9:09 pm

It’s shocking, I know!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/06/30/throat-punch-thursday-4/trackback/

Throat Punch Thursday

I can’t chop her gullet in front of her child.

Without asking.

No I’m not kidding.

I don’t kid on Throat Punch Thursdays.

But we couldn’t leave.

Her mother was no where to be found.

Brian spotted her.

At the cell phone kiosk.

Bitch please.

BUT.

Because I would never steal your baby.

This Throat Punch comes with a lesson in parenting you sad woman.

That should sting more.

I am very disappointed.

28 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday
  1. Lindsay
    June 30, 2011 | 8:01 am

Seriously.

And before I could say, uh, I don’t know you from Adam… he was gone!

Luckily, he came back! LOL

• Lindsay
      June 30, 2011 | 8:01 am

p.s. LOVE the new look… very YOU with the peacocks et al.

2. Truthful Mommy
    June 30, 2011 | 8:37 am

Yey you for being a good samaritan.
    Boo*Hiss and a Chuck Norris Throat Punch to her for being such a shit Mommy.

3. Sarcasm Goddess
    June 30, 2011 | 8:45 am

4. christina
    June 30, 2011 | 10:17 am

disgusting and so very appalling!

5. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 30, 2011 | 10:23 am

First, LOVE the new look, it’s gorgeous!

6. Galit Breen
    June 30, 2011 | 5:27 pm

That woman? Is sad.

That baby? Is lucky {that you were there}.

Ahem. I’ll contain myself now.

XO

7. Maegan
    July 1, 2011 | 12:34 am

July 1, 2011 | 9:10 pm

8. MamaRobinJ
    July 1, 2011 | 1:17 am

July 1, 2011 | 1:19 am

July 1, 2011 | 9:02 pm

and maybe a ninja kick too?
      Lets get her.

July 1, 2011 | 2:49 am

July 1, 2011 | 9:02 pm

she sure does!!
      I don’t think she had a brain in her head.

11. JDaniel4's Mom
    July 1, 2011 | 12:39 pm

12. Heidi
    July 3, 2011 | 11:28 am

The depths of peoples idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

This is my favorite line:

“Bitch please.”

Awesome.

13. Carri
    July 3, 2011 | 12:21 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Bitch please is right! What a stupid woman.
    And? LOVE the new site!

14. Lex
    July 3, 2011 | 12:57 pm

Wow! She is a complete idiot.

15. Ugh. That’s happened to us before. Flipping weirdo parents.

16. Dana K
    July 3, 2011 | 7:06 pm

She left her child with a complete stranger. OMG. A throat punch is being NICE!

17. Sarah
    July 4, 2011 | 12:42 am

That woman is a moron… and definitely deserves a throat punch.

18. Mommy's Paradise
    July 4, 2011 | 5:10 am

19. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    July 4, 2011 | 8:05 pm

July 5, 2011 | 8:53 pm

we gave her major snake eyes!
      I should have gave her a stern talking to and a spankin’

February 5, 2012 | 10:21 am

Slap you in the larynx???
    I die.
    We’ve never hired a babysitter. We have Nana and Papa.
    And the occasional aunt and uncle.
    It’s cheaper that way.

February 5, 2012 | 10:34 am

I have no idea how this posted to my facebook!
      Glad it did though.
      Strangers are weird.

21. Karyn Climans
    February 5, 2012 | 1:04 pm

How could anyone be so irresponsible?

February 5, 2012 | 9:09 pm