This Week

This week I’ve got several guest bloggers coming by to share stories with you while I’m having my gal bladder removed.

I’m a little nervous, even sad.

We were close.

We did everything together.

I have a high pain tolerance and am prepared to be uncomfortable, bed ridden, and punctured. I’m not concerned about the actual surgery, it’s after  and my poor responses to prescription pain medication that I’m worried about.

Aesthetic, morphine, and any type of pain medication stronger than a Tylenol turns me into a babbling lunatic. BUT… in my head I can tell I’m being a psycho, I just can’t turn my mouth off.

My mouth and body think my actions are hilarious while my brain is begging for control.

Morphine has caused me to tell my mother-in-law that her necklace was beautiful, and then shush her mid-sentence to exclaim loudly that it was windy.

Aesthetic has made me tell my surgeon, after her completing a scope to look at my gal bladder, that she was driving fast (the gurney) and then I loudly told myself and everyone in the room to shut up.

Pain medication makes my lower half feel like cement and my brain and head feel like a hot air balloon floating through the air. I giggle like a teenager and can not be responsible for children, animals, or myself. I spontaneously pass out and have no control over my emotions.

I’m sure there are people out there who would be excited about these symptoms.

Not me.

I like to be in control of my body.

Mostly.

There is one drug that I enjoy and I promote.

My friend Epidural.

Sigh…..

Anyway, because I’m the true to life blogger that I am I will still be writing while on meds.

I can’t keep you all from that comedy.

See you in a week and enjoy the guest posters!

43 Responses to This Week
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    July 4, 2011 | 6:13 am

Good luck with your surgery!

I suppose we can look forward to posts on unicorns then?

July 4, 2011 | 1:48 pm

I think I also replied to YOU but it’s not showing up.
      AND yes, unicorns will probably be making an appearance.
      along with zombies.
      Send cake.

2. Lady Estrogen
    July 4, 2011 | 6:53 am

Oooh, can’t wait to ready some pain-killer induced musings! yea-haw, babe 🙂
    Good luck – If I survived it, anyone can.

July 4, 2011 | 1:48 pm

I think I already replied to you but it’s not showing up here! WHY????
      Well, there goes my dreams of ever wearing a bikini.
      HA

3. Julie @ mamamash
    July 4, 2011 | 7:52 am

I for one am greatly anticipating your drugged-out series of posts! Be sure and take it easy, Mumma.

July 4, 2011 | 1:47 pm

Of course you are!
      Oh you make me smile.
      I’ll sneak some meds for you.

4. Paulette (MsPDrama)
    July 4, 2011 | 7:53 am

Good luck on the surgery! Speedy recovery. And of course, who wouldn’t be looking forward to your guest posters and later your musings while on pain killers?

July 4, 2011 | 1:46 pm

Well I should hope you are!
      That’s when I write my best stuff.
      And when the unicorns visit me.

• Paulette (MsPDrama)
        July 4, 2011 | 2:20 pm

I am! I am! Unicorns?! I love unicorns!! They never visit me. Just evil sprinklers masquerading as snakes.

July 5, 2011 | 9:02 pm

Don’t fret!
          I’ll fed ex you one.

5. liz
    July 4, 2011 | 8:23 am

Good luck with the gall bladder removal! You will feel SO much better once it’s out and you are healed!

July 4, 2011 | 1:46 pm

Thank you.
      Have you gone through it?
      I’m gonna milk the shit outta this!

6. Rach (DonutsMama)
    July 4, 2011 | 8:39 am

This is going to make for some interesting posts & tweets. I can’t wait!

Good luck with the surgery!

July 4, 2011 | 1:45 pm

Hang on tight!
      It’s going to be a messy week

7. FranceRants
    July 4, 2011 | 10:30 am

So, it’s been a pretty crazy weekend around our home. We’ve have all been staying up late, past 2am and waking up late past 10am. I’m outta of it. Haven’t even had my coffee yet. It’s brewing as I write.

Which means as I was reading this, I thought you were having going to have your girl bladder removed. Which made me sad for you. It would be hard to go through life w/o a bladder, because how would you hold your pee? Then I was thinking you were probably getting a bladder transplant too. Maybe from a guy, since your gal bladder was going away. Then I decided that might not be bad at all, because guys can usually hold off going to bathroom for a while.

Then it hit me. OH.

Hope it goes well…

July 4, 2011 | 1:45 pm

SWEET JEBUS.. did I write girl bladder?
      I have to go look now.
      AM I having my girl bladder removed?
      How will I pee?
      Will I have to use my boy bladder?

• FranceRants
        July 4, 2011 | 3:07 pm

no, you wrote gal bladder, which my creative brain interpreted as girl bladder, not gallbladder…

8. MamaRobinJ
    July 4, 2011 | 11:39 am

Those side effects sound awful! I wouldn’t like that either. But in a perverse way I’m looking forward to seeing what you share while in that altered state 😉

Good luck! We’ll hold the fort for you while you’re admiring the bunnies on the nurses’ uniforms.

July 4, 2011 | 1:44 pm

And playing with their hair, and pulling at their necklaces, and softly singing to myself… oh LAWD!! Maybe I should vlog it?

9. Nic
    July 4, 2011 | 2:52 pm

Good luck!!! I’m just a phone call or text away if you need anything at all!

July 5, 2011 | 9:02 pm

I need YOU.
      Come over.
      Thanks.

10. Cheeseboy
    July 4, 2011 | 4:29 pm

Good luck with the Gall Bladder thing. I had mine out and now I have a great story to tell about it. The drugs afterword were the best.

July 5, 2011 | 8:56 pm

Is it common for men to have them removed?
      Did you secretly have a baby?
      you did!
      I’m calling oprah.

11. Runnermom-jen
    July 4, 2011 | 5:14 pm

You poor thing! Good luck with your surgery. And I’m kind of looking forward to your drugged-up posts 😉

July 5, 2011 | 8:56 pm

Get ready, get set…
      they’re coming around the bend!

12. Andrea
    July 4, 2011 | 7:14 pm

Oh! I didn’t know you were having surgery. I’m so all over the place of late and I also didn’t know you had a bloggy makeover. It looks BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. I love it. It’s so soothing and calm, and perfect for you. How long have I been away? Why does it not feel like I have been? Oops. I stink. Anyway, I hope all goes well and we’ll miss you. Happy healing to you. Sending you strength and love and if you need anything, even all these miles away, tell me!

July 5, 2011 | 8:55 pm

Glad you like the design.
      I’ve missed you! Glad you came back around.
      I will be tweeting, just from an altered state.

13. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    July 4, 2011 | 8:10 pm

I hope the drugs agree with you this time, and at the same time, looking forward to seeing some side effects that could be comical. Good luck!

14. Elena
    July 4, 2011 | 9:19 pm

First, good luck to you! Hope it goes well. Second, I’ve been a very bad blog reader so far this summer and am just now seeing your new design. It looks awesome! I love it. Excited to see who you have guest posting. 🙂

July 5, 2011 | 8:52 pm

Thanks!
      I’m glad you stopped by, i missed you hard core!

July 4, 2011 | 11:24 pm

I’m looking forward to the entertaining posts and tweets! 😉

Also? Good luck with the surgery and recovery! Will be thinking of you!

July 5, 2011 | 8:50 pm

I’ll be thinking of you too.
      Maybe.
      probably not.
      Ok, I’m thinking of you RIGHT NOW.

July 5, 2011 | 2:11 am

Good luck with the surgery. I hope all goes well.

Also, I’m looking forward to talking with you on Twitter. And reading what you try and write.

July 5, 2011 | 8:50 pm

Try and write?
      you doubt my abilities.
      If I was a witch I’d put a spell on you for that.
      A love spell..
      ahem

17. Lindsay
    July 5, 2011 | 6:24 am

Good luck Leighann 🙂

July 5, 2011 | 8:49 pm

Thanks sugar!
      You’re number 1

18. Alexandra
    July 5, 2011 | 3:28 pm

Get better soon.

I, for one, can honestly say that I look forward to the under the influence posts.

I’m sick that way.

July 5, 2011 | 8:46 pm

You aren’t the only one who’s looking forward to the looped out posts…
      I think I’m brewing one right now.
      BAHAAHAHAHA

19. Ilana
    July 5, 2011 | 10:52 pm

Best wishes with your surgery. I hear you on the pain medication. I hate the feeling too.

I’ll be thinking about you!

July 6, 2011 | 8:32 am

Thank you Ilana!
      Surgery went well… recovery now. Pain meds suck, but are also awesome LOL

20. Mama And The City
    July 5, 2011 | 10:55 pm

Gallbladder removed here! it was June 6 actually. I was so scared of the whole thing and 3 days after the surgery I was back to normal, well, everything but lifting baby. Diet, digestion, recovery all has been back to normal.

I wish you well and hope it all goes well during and after the recovery.

July 6, 2011 | 8:31 am

I was supposed to have it out on June 13th but it was re-scheduled. I’m on day two and I’m still pretty sore.
      I’m glad that I’ll be back to normal soon.

21. […] was given some pre-op pain killers, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I do not do well with pain killers. I began to get a little loopy, a little drowsy. My glasses […]

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/07/04/this-week/trackback/

This Week

I’m a little nervous, even sad.

We were close.

We did everything together.

I’m sure there are people out there who would be excited about these symptoms.

Not me.

I like to be in control of my body.

Mostly.

There is one drug that I enjoy and I promote.

My friend Epidural.

Sigh…..

I can’t keep you all from that comedy.

See you in a week and enjoy the guest posters!

43 Responses to This Week
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    July 4, 2011 | 6:13 am

Good luck with your surgery!

I suppose we can look forward to posts on unicorns then?

July 4, 2011 | 1:48 pm

I think I also replied to YOU but it’s not showing up.
      AND yes, unicorns will probably be making an appearance.
      along with zombies.
      Send cake.

2. Lady Estrogen
    July 4, 2011 | 6:53 am

Oooh, can’t wait to ready some pain-killer induced musings! yea-haw, babe 🙂
    Good luck – If I survived it, anyone can.

July 4, 2011 | 1:48 pm

I think I already replied to you but it’s not showing up here! WHY????
      Well, there goes my dreams of ever wearing a bikini.
      HA

3. Julie @ mamamash
    July 4, 2011 | 7:52 am

July 4, 2011 | 1:47 pm

Of course you are!
      Oh you make me smile.
      I’ll sneak some meds for you.

4. Paulette (MsPDrama)
    July 4, 2011 | 7:53 am

July 4, 2011 | 1:46 pm

Well I should hope you are!
      That’s when I write my best stuff.
      And when the unicorns visit me.

• Paulette (MsPDrama)
        July 4, 2011 | 2:20 pm

July 5, 2011 | 9:02 pm

Don’t fret!
          I’ll fed ex you one.

5. liz
    July 4, 2011 | 8:23 am

July 4, 2011 | 1:46 pm

Thank you.
      Have you gone through it?
      I’m gonna milk the shit outta this!

6. Rach (DonutsMama)
    July 4, 2011 | 8:39 am

This is going to make for some interesting posts & tweets. I can’t wait!

Good luck with the surgery!

July 4, 2011 | 1:45 pm

Hang on tight!
      It’s going to be a messy week

7. FranceRants
    July 4, 2011 | 10:30 am

Then it hit me. OH.

Hope it goes well…

July 4, 2011 | 1:45 pm

SWEET JEBUS.. did I write girl bladder?
      I have to go look now.
      AM I having my girl bladder removed?
      How will I pee?
      Will I have to use my boy bladder?

• FranceRants
        July 4, 2011 | 3:07 pm

8. MamaRobinJ
    July 4, 2011 | 11:39 am

July 4, 2011 | 1:44 pm

9. Nic
    July 4, 2011 | 2:52 pm

Good luck!!! I’m just a phone call or text away if you need anything at all!

July 5, 2011 | 9:02 pm

I need YOU.
      Come over.
      Thanks.

10. Cheeseboy
    July 4, 2011 | 4:29 pm

July 5, 2011 | 8:56 pm

Is it common for men to have them removed?
      Did you secretly have a baby?
      you did!
      I’m calling oprah.

11. Runnermom-jen
    July 4, 2011 | 5:14 pm

July 5, 2011 | 8:56 pm

Get ready, get set…
      they’re coming around the bend!

12. Andrea
    July 4, 2011 | 7:14 pm

July 5, 2011 | 8:55 pm

Glad you like the design.
      I’ve missed you! Glad you came back around.
      I will be tweeting, just from an altered state.

13. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    July 4, 2011 | 8:10 pm

14. Elena
    July 4, 2011 | 9:19 pm

July 5, 2011 | 8:52 pm

Thanks!
      I’m glad you stopped by, i missed you hard core!

July 4, 2011 | 11:24 pm

I’m looking forward to the entertaining posts and tweets! 😉

Also? Good luck with the surgery and recovery! Will be thinking of you!

July 5, 2011 | 8:50 pm

I’ll be thinking of you too.
      Maybe.
      probably not.
      Ok, I’m thinking of you RIGHT NOW.

July 5, 2011 | 2:11 am

Good luck with the surgery. I hope all goes well.

July 5, 2011 | 8:50 pm

Try and write?
      you doubt my abilities.
      If I was a witch I’d put a spell on you for that.
      A love spell..
      ahem

17. Lindsay
    July 5, 2011 | 6:24 am

Good luck Leighann 🙂

July 5, 2011 | 8:49 pm

Thanks sugar!
      You’re number 1

18. Alexandra
    July 5, 2011 | 3:28 pm

Get better soon.

I’m sick that way.

July 5, 2011 | 8:46 pm

You aren’t the only one who’s looking forward to the looped out posts…
      I think I’m brewing one right now.
      BAHAAHAHAHA

19. Ilana
    July 5, 2011 | 10:52 pm

I’ll be thinking about you!

July 6, 2011 | 8:32 am

Thank you Ilana!
      Surgery went well… recovery now. Pain meds suck, but are also awesome LOL

20. Mama And The City
    July 5, 2011 | 10:55 pm

I wish you well and hope it all goes well during and after the recovery.

July 6, 2011 | 8:31 am

I’m glad that I’ll be back to normal soon.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/07/04/this-week/trackback/