Throat Punch Thursday – Gassy

My throat punch today will be relatable for many of you.

If you haven’t wanted to stab these people in their voice box then I’m impressed and I will give you a high five.

And then I will call you a LIAR!

I’m red in the face, pacing back and forth, fist clenched, bad words spewing mad at these people and a throat punch is the least that they deserve.

MASTERCARD you are getting off easy.

I pay my bill, in full, every month. Not because I’m crazy rich, no, but because I learned the hard way when I was young that credit card companies are un-forgiving sloots when you land yourself thousands of dollars in debt and are drowning in bills.

They don’t care about you.

I climbed my way out of all of my debt and am proud of myself; we live with a very low limit on our credit card. Don’t let me fool you; if it was high it would be spent yo!

So when I went to the pump to fill up my car and my card was declined I was confused, there as money on there! I have a new car, it’s awesome, and I had forgotten that I need to release the gas cover before beginning to pump gas, so after sliding my credit card in I placed the nozzle back and went to release the cover.

Back at the pump my transaction had been reset.

Ok, easy enough, so I started over. Only, I couldn’t because my card was declined. How could this be?

IT CAN’T!

After a very long drawn out story of me going in and out of the store, calling the credit card company, dragging my pant less daughter in from the car because she spilled stuff on her pants and was in great distress, and fighting with them about my balance, it was determined they had charged my card the very moment I picked up the pump and then set it back down.

The moment I went back to open my gas cover.

I didn’t even put in an amount. But they did. They decided I needed $100 worth of fake gas.

There is so much more to this story that I am not going to type out because it is exhausting and full of tears, anger, stabbings, and broken hearts. Just know that the credit card company felt my wrath, will be returning my money, and I may have purchased a gas station.

MasterCard, you are receiving a giant throat punch to the representative gorge for being unhelpful and blaming me for the charge. I am adding a Chuck Norris round house to the automated answering service for not understanding the words “speak with representative!”

Charge it!

34 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday – Gassy
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    July 14, 2011 | 8:10 am

Idiotic MasterCard!!! I feel all stabby just reading this. I’m so sorry you had such a hard time with them, it’s ghastly.

{{hugs}}

July 15, 2011 | 3:23 pm

I think ghastly will be my new word!
      I’ll give you props!

2. Brandy @ Just How It Happened
    July 14, 2011 | 9:09 am

I seriously get nervous every single time I use my Mastercard (which is rarely) because it never ceases to amaze me with stupidity. Once it said it was reported stolen,and I looked like an idiot, once it said “declined” and I DID NOT HAVE FOUR DOLLARS to pay for my chips and pop. Shame and embarassment. So yeah, that thing stays in my wallet untouched most of the time. Give them a throat punch for me, too!

July 15, 2011 | 3:22 pm

What a great way to manage debt!!

3. Paulette (MsPDrama)
    July 14, 2011 | 10:08 am

WHOA! That is a horrid moment compounded by insult to injury! I whole heartedly agree with the Chuck Norris round house….=) $100 for tank of fake gas…RIDICULOUS! I’ve heard of that so called hold charge, like a $1.

July 15, 2011 | 3:22 pm

I haven’t either!
      Apparently it’s the norm!
      I say it’s bull.

4. carri
    July 14, 2011 | 10:11 am

First off…

Great job paying off your shiz and living within your means. If everyone did that, we wouldn’t be in this giant mess.

Second? Mastercard can choke on a giant bowl of d*ck.

July 15, 2011 | 3:21 pm

I’m laughing so hard right now!
      I’m going to send them a letter quoting you.

July 14, 2011 | 10:29 am

I have heard before that when you slide your card at gas pumps they authorize $100 on the card and then after you pump gas they fix the transaction with the amount you actually pumped. It is annoying.

The worst part though is the automated person that can never understand what you are trying to say. I usually end up screaming into the phone.

July 15, 2011 | 3:17 pm

I will admit that I am a customer service representatives worst nightmare.
      That being said.
      I have worked in customer service twice in my life for extended periods of time and was trained well. I did a great job and I know how to treat a customer!
      These people do not!

6. Andrea
    July 14, 2011 | 10:51 am

OH! I would have been SOOO pissed! I hate when they screw up crap. I’m waiting for the day I can pay off a ton of cards and shut ’em down. The lot of ’em! Well, maybe not the lot, but you get me. I think I need to start doing throat punch days. Maybe notjust Thursdays, though. 😉 Hope you get it straightened out!

July 15, 2011 | 3:15 pm

You’re hilarious!
      I hope I get it straightened out too!
      I’m about to go bat shit crazy on them again.

7. Megan (Best of Fates)
    July 14, 2011 | 10:52 am

Ugh, that sounds awful! I’m glad you finally got it figured out! Around where I live gas stations don’t let you use your credit card more than once in a fifteen minute period, I suppose to prevent thievery. But it drives me crazy, ’cause it means you can never offer to buy gas for someone else who needs it or you can’t get gas yourself!

July 15, 2011 | 3:12 pm

you offer to buy someone else’s gas?
      I think you’re the kindest person I have ever met!
      Around here we just sit in our cars behind someone honking.

8. KLZ
    July 14, 2011 | 11:26 am

Banks and credit card companies really are not our friends. The absolute very LEAST they could do is employ customer service people who had a freakin’ clue.

July 15, 2011 | 3:09 pm

I get stabby when i talk about customer service
      I can’t handle the nonsense and the passing from one person to another.
      Annoying.

9. Julie @ mamamash
    July 14, 2011 | 11:56 am

It’s one of the prices we pay for a “convenient” society. Everything faster, automated, efficient…and absolutely shit-tastic when it comes to customer service. They do charge $100 at first then reverse to the actual amount sometimes. Tell Mastercard to suck it and get Discover, they’re wonderful to work with!

July 15, 2011 | 3:08 pm

i will tell them you sent me.
      Will they give me free shit?

10. Elena
    July 14, 2011 | 12:31 pm

That is so annoying! It’s annoying when shit like this happens – especially when you have a kid in tow. You’re right – credit card companies don’t remotely care about you. I had a major dispute yesterday with our debit card. Several phone calls & swear words later, I was given our money back on a wronged transaction as well. I join you in this throat punch!

July 15, 2011 | 3:07 pm

And she didn’t have pants on!
      How embarrassing!
      They probably thought I didn’t have enough money to put pants on my daughter!!

11. Rach (DonutsMama)
    July 14, 2011 | 4:39 pm

Ugh. They can be so ruthless sometimes. We’ve had plenty of yelling matches with them. Then they send you a credit offer in the mail the next day, all “Let’s be besties.”

July 15, 2011 | 3:06 pm

I know!
      Even people who have a maxed out card they’re increasing limits for!
      Ok, maybe that was just me.

12. Roxanne
    July 14, 2011 | 5:18 pm

Aw, that was so sweet of them to think you wanted $100 worth of fake gas. They were probably just thinking you were trying to save the environment or something. Those silly little assholes.

July 15, 2011 | 3:06 pm

Silly little assholes!
      Bwahahahahaha

13. dysfunctional mom
    July 14, 2011 | 8:38 pm

What a bunch of crap! I warned my son about those ‘hold’ charges, he has a debit card. He blew me off and put gas on his debit card…guess what happened? HA! Mama was right!

July 15, 2011 | 3:05 pm

Mama’s are ALWAYS right!
      This I know.

July 14, 2011 | 11:05 pm

First of all, this is VERY annoying and I will always back up my sister wife.

That being said, I do look at this from the perspective of having worked at a financial institution for way too long. It mutates your brain. When you pump gas they have to automatically “hold” an amount because they don’t know if your gonna fill up your little gas can or your massive RV. If you only have $30 in your account (or available on your card) and only plan on getting $20 worth of gas, well they don’t know that, and they can’t make the pump stop at $20, or even $30 when you “overdraw.” The amount they would hold used to be $50, but since gas prices are so high, I guess they bumped it up.

But ending the transaction when you put the pump down? Dumb dumb dumb. Because they caused you distress, Mastercard and all gas stations can SUCK IT.

July 15, 2011 | 3:05 pm

makes sense though.
      Thanks for telling me! You’re good people!
      And I agree, they can totally suck it.

July 15, 2011 | 1:51 am

I hate banks and credit cards. They never understand anything you’re saying and everything is always wrong.

Good for you for paying off your card!

July 15, 2011 | 3:04 pm

Thanks, it took a couple years but it’s done now but I still hate dealing with the card companies. It’s like they’re from another planet

16. MamaRobinJ
    July 17, 2011 | 10:17 pm

I’d stab them in more than just their voice box. Especially if they blame you for the charge.

SLAM!

July 19, 2011 | 8:12 pm

I’ll tell them that you want to speak to them!

17. Dana K
    July 20, 2011 | 3:44 pm

Trust me, American Express is just as bad, if not worse. If your card is through Stank of America, you are screwed. I hate credit cards. We paid off our credit card debt & started cancelling cards before we did anything else. They are all @ssholes.

July 25, 2011 | 7:18 pm

I agree with you 100%
      they don’t care about their clients, just money and interest

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/07/14/throat-punch-thursday-gassy/trackback/

Throat Punch Thursday – Gassy

My throat punch today will be relatable for many of you.

And then I will call you a LIAR!

MASTERCARD you are getting off easy.

They don’t care about you.

Back at the pump my transaction had been reset.

IT CAN’T!

The moment I went back to open my gas cover.

Charge it!

34 Responses to Throat Punch Thursday – Gassy
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    July 14, 2011 | 8:10 am

{{hugs}}

July 15, 2011 | 3:23 pm

I think ghastly will be my new word!
      I’ll give you props!

2. Brandy @ Just How It Happened
    July 14, 2011 | 9:09 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:22 pm

What a great way to manage debt!!

3. Paulette (MsPDrama)
    July 14, 2011 | 10:08 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:22 pm

I haven’t either!
      Apparently it’s the norm!
      I say it’s bull.

4. carri
    July 14, 2011 | 10:11 am

First off…

Second? Mastercard can choke on a giant bowl of d*ck.

July 15, 2011 | 3:21 pm

I’m laughing so hard right now!
      I’m going to send them a letter quoting you.

July 14, 2011 | 10:29 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:17 pm

I will admit that I am a customer service representatives worst nightmare.
      That being said.
      These people do not!

6. Andrea
    July 14, 2011 | 10:51 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:15 pm

You’re hilarious!
      I hope I get it straightened out too!
      I’m about to go bat shit crazy on them again.

7. Megan (Best of Fates)
    July 14, 2011 | 10:52 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:12 pm

you offer to buy someone else’s gas?
      I think you’re the kindest person I have ever met!
      Around here we just sit in our cars behind someone honking.

8. KLZ
    July 14, 2011 | 11:26 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:09 pm

I get stabby when i talk about customer service
      I can’t handle the nonsense and the passing from one person to another.
      Annoying.

9. Julie @ mamamash
    July 14, 2011 | 11:56 am

July 15, 2011 | 3:08 pm

i will tell them you sent me.
      Will they give me free shit?

10. Elena
    July 14, 2011 | 12:31 pm

July 15, 2011 | 3:07 pm

And she didn’t have pants on!
      How embarrassing!
      They probably thought I didn’t have enough money to put pants on my daughter!!

11. Rach (DonutsMama)
    July 14, 2011 | 4:39 pm

July 15, 2011 | 3:06 pm

I know!
      Even people who have a maxed out card they’re increasing limits for!
      Ok, maybe that was just me.

12. Roxanne
    July 14, 2011 | 5:18 pm

July 15, 2011 | 3:06 pm

Silly little assholes!
      Bwahahahahaha

13. dysfunctional mom
    July 14, 2011 | 8:38 pm

July 15, 2011 | 3:05 pm

Mama’s are ALWAYS right!
      This I know.

July 14, 2011 | 11:05 pm

First of all, this is VERY annoying and I will always back up my sister wife.

July 15, 2011 | 3:05 pm

makes sense though.
      Thanks for telling me! You’re good people!
      And I agree, they can totally suck it.

July 15, 2011 | 1:51 am

Good for you for paying off your card!

July 15, 2011 | 3:04 pm

16. MamaRobinJ
    July 17, 2011 | 10:17 pm

SLAM!

July 19, 2011 | 8:12 pm

I’ll tell them that you want to speak to them!

17. Dana K