You Want More?

My purse is overflowing friends!

Not with money.

There’s no cash in there, remember? Our bureaucrat pals took all of my moola so that my child can have a stimulating environment to learn and build strong relationships in while I’m at work.

You might think I would be grateful! That I would appreciate a safe haven where my daughter is held and loved, fed and changed, rocked and sung to.

I do.

What I do not appreciate is paying for this love and learning through the ass.

Going to work every day only to hand over my entire pay cheque because the leaders of my province do not open their eyes to see that families are struggling.

Struggling to pay bills, to eat, to fill their cars with gas.

Going to work but not making any money.

BUT my purse is still heavy!

And I’m running out of pockets to hold everything.

So, because I’m generous I think I’ll just give the contents of my purse away!

And because I’m a loyal Canadian I’m going to give them to the people I detest right now… the decision makers, policy changers, and members of Parliament who do not know, or care, what it is like to use their own services.

Reach into my purse.

And pull out all I have left.

A big fat THROAT PUNCH.

34 Responses to You Want More?
  1. Mark
    September 1, 2011 | 9:43 am

Okay…
    I think someone could really use a backrub about now.
    Take care of yourself.
    m.

September 4, 2011 | 1:05 pm

haha, thanks Mark.
      Every thursday I do a throat punch…
      Maybe every thursday I could use a back rub?

2. Jaime
    September 1, 2011 | 10:23 am

Totally hear you. It’s the same in the US. Most of my money gets taken away before I even get it. And the rest? Well a HUGE portion of that goes to taking care of my kids while I’m at work. Politicians suck.

September 4, 2011 | 1:05 pm

You got it!
      They don’t use their own services so they don’t get it

3. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger
    September 1, 2011 | 11:26 am

Go get ’em, girlfriend.

September 4, 2011 | 1:04 pm

xoxoxox

4. Cookie's Mom
    September 1, 2011 | 11:44 am

It’s just not even worth it to me to work. I’d have to pay more for childcare than I could make working. I feel your pain. Did you know that in Quebec they have subsidized day care?

September 4, 2011 | 1:04 pm

We have subsidized but only for those families who have low income.
      wouldn’t it be awesome if it was fully subsidized like Quebec??

September 1, 2011 | 11:50 am

It just really bothers me that in my own province people are struggling…you…my friend…are struggling. That is not cool.
    Let me reach into my purse for a second…
    Yup, found it…
    I giant roundhouse kick to back up your throat punch.

September 4, 2011 | 1:03 pm

I’m so glad I can count on your for a roundhouse!
      Awesome.

September 1, 2011 | 2:51 pm

Hit em where it hurts. Good job on the throat punch.

September 4, 2011 | 1:03 pm

Thanks Homie!
      I wish it was a real throat punch

September 1, 2011 | 3:16 pm

I heart you for this!

I can’t work because we can’t afford day care around here. It would cost more than what I was earning when I was teaching to have them there. I feel for you, honestly.

September 4, 2011 | 1:02 pm

Thanks Kimberly.
      It’s beginning to feel like a lost cause

8. Bruna
    September 1, 2011 | 4:29 pm

You tell em girl! I only work part-time to keep my foot in the door with teaching. It’s not worth it for me to work full-time AND have to pay what I pay for daycare. Shameful.

September 4, 2011 | 1:01 pm

I wish that the government would read my blog and all of the comments from families who are struggling too

9. Alison@Mama Wants This
    September 1, 2011 | 5:40 pm

I hate the people who are making life difficult for you and people like you. They deserve that throat punch and another big fat one from me. So sorry about this – I do hope a solution can be found soon. xo

September 4, 2011 | 1:01 pm

Thanks for having my back Alison! xo

10. Sue the Desperate Housemommy
    September 1, 2011 | 7:20 pm

Ummm… *wringing hands nervously* I’m sort of new here, but may I be so forward as to offer you a virtual hug?

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

September 4, 2011 | 1:01 pm

LOL.. Every Thursday I dole out a Throat Punch!
      this week I’m particularly un happy with my government

11. Amy
    September 2, 2011 | 1:55 am

It’s like that here, too. I could just cry sometimes at how much services and other things cost! Here’s hoping it gets better!

September 4, 2011 | 1:00 pm

Thank you so much.
      I’m doing everything I can think of to make my government listen to me.

12. Julie @ mamamash
    September 2, 2011 | 6:12 pm

You built that up so well, I didn’t even see it coming. For real. 🙂

September 4, 2011 | 12:48 pm

Really?
      OMG, that’s awesome. I’m so flattered.

13. Mommy's Paradise
    September 4, 2011 | 8:13 am

A big virtual hug from far away. I hope this can be solved soon and your pockets will fill up again with the things we all need.

14. Sarah
    September 4, 2011 | 8:14 am

THAT is totally worth a Throat Punch! Grrrrr!

September 4, 2011 | 12:45 pm

Thank you!
      I am so frustrated with the government right now.. all I have left is writing.

15. Mrs. Wonder
    September 4, 2011 | 9:19 am

Oh man, this is me and health care. Were never sick, si it feels like thousands thrown away. But I don’t want to have it, you know? It just keeps going up and up…

16. Stephanie
    September 4, 2011 | 9:33 am

The whole situation is so upsetting! It’s one main reason why I SAH with Pants. Our health insurance is through my husband and I was a grad student (in French Lit of all things…so really marketable) right up until I got pregnant. I would be working to keep her in daycare. I hope that things start to get better for you and FAST because you’re going to find yourself with another full time job…passing out those THROATPUNCHES!!

September 4, 2011 | 12:44 pm

Imagine I got paid for passing out throat punches?
      that would ROCK!

17. Heidi
    September 4, 2011 | 10:47 am

You give the throat punch and I’ll dole out the kick in the junk.

September 4, 2011 | 12:44 pm

yay! I love back up!!

18. Jen {at} take2mommy
    September 4, 2011 | 11:37 am

A well-deserved throat punch. Seriously, the whole daycare/preschool system needs to be fixed. When I worked full-time in NYC and had a long commute on top of it, I paid thousands a month for preschool and daycare. Not a heck of a lot of coin was leftover after paying those bills. I think so many parents are frustrated by this same thing…and it leads to many moms leaving the workforce when all of their pay goes to daycare. A crazy, broken system.

September 4, 2011 | 12:43 pm

You said it! It’s so frustrating and NO ONE is listening!!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/09/01/want-more/trackback/

You Want More?

My purse is overflowing friends!

Not with money.

I do.

What I do not appreciate is paying for this love and learning through the ass.

Struggling to pay bills, to eat, to fill their cars with gas.

Going to work but not making any money.

BUT my purse is still heavy!

And I’m running out of pockets to hold everything.

So, because I’m generous I think I’ll just give the contents of my purse away!

Reach into my purse.

And pull out all I have left.

A big fat THROAT PUNCH.

34 Responses to You Want More?
  1. Mark
    September 1, 2011 | 9:43 am

Okay…
    I think someone could really use a backrub about now.
    Take care of yourself.
    m.

September 4, 2011 | 1:05 pm

haha, thanks Mark.
      Every thursday I do a throat punch…
      Maybe every thursday I could use a back rub?

2. Jaime
    September 1, 2011 | 10:23 am

September 4, 2011 | 1:05 pm

You got it!
      They don’t use their own services so they don’t get it

3. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger
    September 1, 2011 | 11:26 am

Go get ’em, girlfriend.

September 4, 2011 | 1:04 pm

xoxoxox

4. Cookie's Mom
    September 1, 2011 | 11:44 am

September 4, 2011 | 1:04 pm

We have subsidized but only for those families who have low income.
      wouldn’t it be awesome if it was fully subsidized like Quebec??

September 1, 2011 | 11:50 am

Let me reach into my purse for a second…
    Yup, found it…
    I giant roundhouse kick to back up your throat punch.

September 4, 2011 | 1:03 pm

I’m so glad I can count on your for a roundhouse!
      Awesome.

September 1, 2011 | 2:51 pm

Hit em where it hurts. Good job on the throat punch.

September 4, 2011 | 1:03 pm

9. Alison@Mama Wants This
    September 1, 2011 | 5:40 pm

September 4, 2011 | 1:01 pm

Thanks for having my back Alison! xo

10. Sue the Desperate Housemommy
    September 1, 2011 | 7:20 pm

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

September 4, 2011 | 1:01 pm

LOL.. Every Thursday I dole out a Throat Punch!
      this week I’m particularly un happy with my government

11. Amy
    September 2, 2011 | 1:55 am

September 4, 2011 | 1:00 pm

Thank you so much.
      I’m doing everything I can think of to make my government listen to me.

12. Julie @ mamamash
    September 2, 2011 | 6:12 pm

You built that up so well, I didn’t even see it coming. For real. 🙂

September 4, 2011 | 12:48 pm

Really?
      OMG, that’s awesome. I’m so flattered.

13. Mommy's Paradise
    September 4, 2011 | 8:13 am

14. Sarah
    September 4, 2011 | 8:14 am

THAT is totally worth a Throat Punch! Grrrrr!

September 4, 2011 | 12:45 pm

Thank you!
      I am so frustrated with the government right now.. all I have left is writing.

15. Mrs. Wonder
    September 4, 2011 | 9:19 am

16. Stephanie
    September 4, 2011 | 9:33 am

September 4, 2011 | 12:44 pm

Imagine I got paid for passing out throat punches?
      that would ROCK!

17. Heidi
    September 4, 2011 | 10:47 am

You give the throat punch and I’ll dole out the kick in the junk.

September 4, 2011 | 12:44 pm

yay! I love back up!!

18. Jen {at} take2mommy
    September 4, 2011 | 11:37 am

September 4, 2011 | 12:43 pm

You said it! It’s so frustrating and NO ONE is listening!!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2011/09/01/want-more/trackback/