Two Candles

My baby is growing up.

We celebrated her second birthday this weekend with friends and family.

There were balloons, toddlers, and outdoor voices.

I created a Mickey Mouse theme out of ideas I found on…

You thought I was going to say Pinterest.

Nope.

I don’t have time to actual make the stuff I pin.

I found this awesome stuff at the Dollar Store!

There were waves of laughter rolling off of the walls, tiny voices calling out to one another, and sticky finger prints along the hallway.

Pizza was eaten, Happy Birthday was sung, and goodie bags were dug in to.

The cake was the perfect mixture of ice cream, cool whip, and cookie.

And during the lighting of the candles I remembered one year earlier standing in the very same spot.

Wondering how an entire year had passed already.

Now I wonder how it could be two.

And how did I get so lucky?

Pin It

13 Responses to Two Candles
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    April 16, 2012 | 4:14 am

You are lucky, and blessed. Glad your little girl had a great party!

April 16, 2012 | 10:27 am

What a fun day!

I’m so glad you didn’t say Pinterest.

3. Jenn Sprung
    April 16, 2012 | 11:57 am

I am looking forward to a day when I can make it through “happy Birthday” without crying like a baby. Looks like you had a GREAT day celebrating a whole year of milestones!

4. Sarcasm Goddess
    April 16, 2012 | 1:17 pm

It’s amazing how fast it goes! Love your Dollar Store inspiration. Oh! You could create a whole new trend: Dollar Store It. You know, like Pin it? I totally see it catching on. And that cake does indeed sound perfect. And your baby is just precious!

5. Kristin
    April 16, 2012 | 1:24 pm

Looks like a super duper party. I’m planning a party for this weekend, I think I’ll head to the dollar store instead of searching on Pinterest.

6. Life As Wife
    April 16, 2012 | 2:55 pm

Love the goodie bags (sand buckets!) who says you have to throw a party the Pinterest way?! It looks great!

7. katery
    April 16, 2012 | 6:04 pm

happy birthday to your sweet girl.

8. Rach (DonutsMama)
    April 16, 2012 | 9:15 pm

Looks like a great party! I hope there were no tears on this day! 😉

9. Galit Breen
    April 16, 2012 | 11:12 pm

You are lucky – all of you – to have each other.

Happy day to al of you!

April 17, 2012 | 12:56 am

These years just fly by. My oldest turns 12 today and I can’t believe that.

April 17, 2012 | 9:00 am

2 was my favourite age…and 3…they get so adventurous and their character’s really shine.
    So do their attitudes.
    She is adorable!!

12. Amber
    April 17, 2012 | 10:53 am

I totally love the sand bucket idea. That is awesomeness in well a bucket.

13. Julie
    April 17, 2012 | 9:13 pm

The second one goes way faster than the first!

And Dollar Store, FTW! We aren’t even doing a party this year. Not after last year’s double fiascos. Cookie cake and that’s IT.

S. has the prettiest eyes. Our babies would have pretty babies. Really, arranged marriages are coming back into style. Or so I’ve heard.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2012/04/16/two-candles/trackback/

Two Candles

My baby is growing up.

We celebrated her second birthday this weekend with friends and family.

There were balloons, toddlers, and outdoor voices.

I created a Mickey Mouse theme out of ideas I found on…

You thought I was going to say Pinterest.

Nope.

I don’t have time to actual make the stuff I pin.

I found this awesome stuff at the Dollar Store!

Pizza was eaten, Happy Birthday was sung, and goodie bags were dug in to.

The cake was the perfect mixture of ice cream, cool whip, and cookie.

Wondering how an entire year had passed already.

Now I wonder how it could be two.

And how did I get so lucky?

Pin It

13 Responses to Two Candles
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    April 16, 2012 | 4:14 am

You are lucky, and blessed. Glad your little girl had a great party!

April 16, 2012 | 10:27 am

What a fun day!

I’m so glad you didn’t say Pinterest.

3. Jenn Sprung
    April 16, 2012 | 11:57 am

4. Sarcasm Goddess
    April 16, 2012 | 1:17 pm

5. Kristin
    April 16, 2012 | 1:24 pm

6. Life As Wife
    April 16, 2012 | 2:55 pm

7. katery
    April 16, 2012 | 6:04 pm

happy birthday to your sweet girl.

8. Rach (DonutsMama)
    April 16, 2012 | 9:15 pm

Looks like a great party! I hope there were no tears on this day! 😉

9. Galit Breen
    April 16, 2012 | 11:12 pm

You are lucky – all of you – to have each other.

Happy day to al of you!

April 17, 2012 | 12:56 am

These years just fly by. My oldest turns 12 today and I can’t believe that.

April 17, 2012 | 9:00 am

So do their attitudes.
    She is adorable!!

12. Amber
    April 17, 2012 | 10:53 am

I totally love the sand bucket idea. That is awesomeness in well a bucket.

13. Julie
    April 17, 2012 | 9:13 pm

The second one goes way faster than the first!