Shart on the Dance Floor

It’s 2am.

I have to get up early because tomorrow morning, bright and early I am meeting my bridesmaids and decorating the hall for my Jack and Jill.

All the American’s say what?

That’s a huge party that we Canadian’s throw in honour of the Bride and Groom to help them raise money and pay for their wedding.

We’re the epitome of friendship and family over here in the capital of cold; bathing in bacon and showering each other in cash.

So why the hell am I awake at 2am?

It’s not because I’m worried that my best friend will still be sick and shart her pants all over the dance floor.

Pooh on the dance floor, or an any floor, is my reality. I’m the mother of a toddler and in the trenches of potty training.

And it’s not because I’m concerned that things aren’t under control, I have amazing friends that have stepped up to the plate and are going to make it an incredible night!

My anxiety comes from something else.

Not deserving this?

No one showing up?

Feeling overwhelmed with the out pour of support and gifts we’ve received?

Perhaps it’s a combination.

We have been so lucky to have all of our family and friends rally around us and provide us with so much so that we could get married. We have so many people asking what they can do to help, where we need them, what services they can provide.

It means more than I have words for.

I am overwhelmed.

But in a good way.

A way that keeps me up at 2am thinking “wow, how did you get so lucky?”

And I am lucky.

With or without a sharty dance floor.

• No Related Posts
20 Responses to Shart on the Dance Floor
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 8, 2012 | 2:39 am

So glad you have the love and support you deserve!

2. Insomniamom
    June 8, 2012 | 7:35 am

Man, I need to move to Canada! So glad you guys have all that support and love. You deserve it

3. katery
    June 8, 2012 | 8:52 am

how grea to have such an amazing outpouring of support, i’m so happy for you.
    xoxo

4. katery
    June 8, 2012 | 8:52 am

*great

5. Amber
    June 8, 2012 | 9:21 am

You my dear are such a beautiful, strong woman. I know it’s hard to see that with the struggle and fight that goes on within you due to everything. But you are. I know this because I have seen who you are from the love, support and friendship you have given me. My world is a much better place because I can call you friend. You deserve all the love and support you have been given. You enjoy your party and be free.

6. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    June 8, 2012 | 12:18 pm

Delegate delegate delegate!! Don’t stress and try to do everything – you deserve the support and help, just let it happen!

7. MommaKiss
    June 8, 2012 | 12:23 pm

I was at a wedding once where a bridesmaid sharted, went to the party bus to screw a dude {still sharty} and went back to the dance floor. Walking around like no one knew her business.

Why tell you this? You’re going to have a blast, you deserve this and it could ALWAYS be worse. Sharter proves it.

8. Jenn@Fox in the City
    June 8, 2012 | 1:00 pm

Silly you . . . you are not lucky you are totally deserving of all the great things that come you way!

9. Robin | Farewell Stranger
    June 8, 2012 | 1:49 pm

They will all love being there with you! Enjoy. Celebrate.

PS We don’t do this out west. 🙂

10. Megan (Best of Fates)
    June 8, 2012 | 3:16 pm

I hope it’s as amazing as possible! Also, I’m in love with the idea of a Jack & Jill – we totally need to start having those in America!

11. Hopes@Staying Afloat!
    June 8, 2012 | 4:50 pm

Enjoy it. Soak it all in. They want to help because they love you…and YES you deserve it!

12. Kindred Adventures
    June 9, 2012 | 6:49 am

I am pretty sue last night was the night and I am certain that shart or no shart the party was fantastic! Funny thing about you feeling this way… we all do. It’s a big party. A big deal. Expectations, people to entertain, things to go right and fun to be had. I don’t know many of us that wouldn’t be up at 2am. With that said I hope you have a monster hangover from all the “fun” you had and I can not wait to hear how incredible the party was!!! -LV

13. Robbie
    June 9, 2012 | 12:33 pm

I love the idea of a Jack n Jill shower! Wish we were nicer here in the States. enjoy your day–you deserve it and more!

14. Nic
    June 9, 2012 | 12:38 pm

OMG!!! You were stressed thinking I would pooh my pants! I’m do embarrassed and laughing too!
    It was an amazing night full of so much support! Love you! So glad I was there to help and do this for you!
    I’m also glad the flu was gone and I didn’t pooh anywhere! Lol
    Xoxo

15. Galit Breen
    June 9, 2012 | 3:26 pm

I love how grateful you are, and how you wrapped all of this sweetness in -ahem- sharts! 🙂

16. Alexandra
    June 10, 2012 | 9:08 am

e’erbody

e’erbody

e’erbody on the sharty dance floor.

xo

June 10, 2012 | 9:15 am

Oh I love you.
    I’d take a shart for the team.
    You deserve this.
    You really do.

June 11, 2012 | 12:58 am

You deserve all of this. I’m so glad you are surrounded by people who love you.

19. Kir
    June 13, 2012 | 6:05 am

You..my dear wonderful friend, deserve a HUNDRED perfect days. I know that feeling of wondering if you’re worthy of all the love, support, friendship but I’m here to tell you that you are….and more. I hope your days are just blissful! Xoxoo

June 14, 2012 | 11:18 am

Well now I know what Jack and Jill is. I already know that it turned out great and I’m so happy it did for you.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2012/06/08/shart-on-dance-floor/trackback/

Shart on the Dance Floor

It’s 2am.

All the American’s say what?

So why the hell am I awake at 2am?

My anxiety comes from something else.

Not deserving this?

No one showing up?

Feeling overwhelmed with the out pour of support and gifts we’ve received?

Perhaps it’s a combination.

It means more than I have words for.

I am overwhelmed.

But in a good way.

A way that keeps me up at 2am thinking “wow, how did you get so lucky?”

And I am lucky.

With or without a sharty dance floor.

• No Related Posts
20 Responses to Shart on the Dance Floor
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    June 8, 2012 | 2:39 am

So glad you have the love and support you deserve!

2. Insomniamom
    June 8, 2012 | 7:35 am

3. katery
    June 8, 2012 | 8:52 am

how grea to have such an amazing outpouring of support, i’m so happy for you.
    xoxo

4. katery
    June 8, 2012 | 8:52 am

*great

5. Amber
    June 8, 2012 | 9:21 am

6. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    June 8, 2012 | 12:18 pm

7. MommaKiss
    June 8, 2012 | 12:23 pm

8. Jenn@Fox in the City
    June 8, 2012 | 1:00 pm

9. Robin | Farewell Stranger
    June 8, 2012 | 1:49 pm

They will all love being there with you! Enjoy. Celebrate.

PS We don’t do this out west. 🙂

10. Megan (Best of Fates)
    June 8, 2012 | 3:16 pm

15. Galit Breen
    June 9, 2012 | 3:26 pm

16. Alexandra
    June 10, 2012 | 9:08 am

e’erbody

e’erbody

e’erbody on the sharty dance floor.

xo

June 10, 2012 | 9:15 am

Oh I love you.
    I’d take a shart for the team.
    You deserve this.
    You really do.

June 11, 2012 | 12:58 am

You deserve all of this. I’m so glad you are surrounded by people who love you.

19. Kir