WTF Wednesday – Formerly Throat Punch Thursday

Remember Throat Punch Thursday?

Me too.

I miss delivering a little jab to the jugular. A high kick to the kisser. A karate chop to the middrift chunk.

Especially when someone deserved it.

But I don’t post on Thursday’s anymore.

How selfish.

So I’m freakin’ your freak and changin’ up my groove thing with a WTF Wednesday!

And since I’m on a roll why not start with a controversial topic?

Even I don’t know why it is.. it seems pretty cut and dry to me… ahem.

So welcome back Throat Punch Thursday (now WTF Wednesday)!

Today’s recipients?

The asshats at the Fair.

And I don’t mean the carnies.

I know, going to a fair in a small town means I shouldn’t expect much, however; given the resources available in 2012 I had my hopes set higher than I should have.

I’m also a snarky bitch.

So, to the smoking dragon who was holding her child at the same time she was taking long drags off of her toxic stink stick; good for you.

Not only are you poisoning your innocent child’s lungs but you didn’t even have the intelligence to put him down and walk away from the area he, and the rest of us, were sitting in.

All of that disgusting smoke, and toxins, that you chose to put into, and all over YOUR body, flowed all over HIS body, in his hair, onto his clothing, and all over everyone around you.

The difference?

You have a choice and he doesn’t.

He should have a right to breathe clean air, and so should everyone around you.

As an adult I can tell you to move your ass somewhere else because I don’t want to ingest your stench, but your child? He doesn’t know any different.

That’s incredibly sad.

Do you own a radio? A T.V.? Do you have a dr or go to a clinic? Have you seen the cigarette packages?

Probably not.

That must be it.

WTF?

20 Responses to WTF Wednesday – Formerly Throat Punch Thursday
  1. Amber
    July 11, 2012 | 9:26 am

My Father’s Mom I hear stories about how when you would walk into that house when my Father and his brothers were small was nothing but a cloud of smoke. When I came along the woman only ever held me once because she didn’t want to put down the smoke. I hate smoking and I hate when people put children around it. It’s a big fight we have around here because my husband smokes. I make him smoke outside, and air out before coming in. But it don’t matter in the end because you can still smell it on him. It don’t matter how many times the doctors have told him it’s bad for his wife and children, he still does. He is a stress smoker and he says that just makes it more stressful. I feel like screaming.

2. Alison
    July 11, 2012 | 9:30 am

Sigh that is so sad and annoying and awful.

3. Kristen
    July 11, 2012 | 12:09 pm

The sad thing is this was NOT the only offender we saw…..THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!! Unbelievable….I could not believe my eyes!

4. Nic
    July 11, 2012 | 2:02 pm

Well said sister! Love it!
    I think you should have dropped her ass and kicked her in the face!

5. Mark
    July 11, 2012 | 2:06 pm

I’m more worried about the fact that she could burn him with that thing. Yikes!
    m.

July 15, 2012 | 9:24 pm

there were so many things wrong with this picture. Her choice of bra was and pajama combo was another blog post all together.

6. Jennifer
    July 11, 2012 | 4:44 pm

I freaking love your blog. That is all 🙂

July 15, 2012 | 9:21 pm

You made my day!!! thank you so so much!

7. MommaKiss
    July 11, 2012 | 4:49 pm

o for the love of GAH, I’m So with you. I hate smoking. HATE IT. I tell my boys that smoking will kill them. That it killed my dad, their grandpa. And that yes – their friend’s dad who smokes? May die from it. I don’t care if they are freaked out by that, actually I hope they are.

Way to change it up girl, This is a WTF that’s deserved.

July 15, 2012 | 9:18 pm

I have no problem telling my daughter that it’s gross, smelly, and will kill her if she smokes.
      Also I like to throw it in while there’s a smoker around.

8. Handflapper
    July 12, 2012 | 1:14 am

People think smoking outdoors is “okay” because it is open air. I worked at a water park that was the first in North America to establish a no-smoking rule and the first year people flipped out. But you get 3,000+ people crammed in a limited area and it doesn’t matter if it’s outside, other people are having to inhale your damn smoke. Kill yourself, fine, but don’t go murdering the rest of us, especially the children.

July 15, 2012 | 9:17 pm

Absolutely!
      Where I live in Ontario there is no smoking in any restaurants, buildings, or anything. We also live in a community where smoking inside the fence at community parks is prohibited and smoking inside a vehicle with a child is against the law.
      But it’s still done.
      With all of the information and laws I can’t get why people aren’t seeing the danger in it.

9. Jordan
    July 12, 2012 | 6:22 am

So this is very disturbing and very sad. I agree with you this should be a cut and dry subject. I applaude the grandparents and parents who realize yes it was okay when they were children but with all we know know IT’S NOT OK. I’m so glad wtf Wednesday’s have arrived they are some of my favorite posts (well throat punch Thursday’s) were. So I look forward to wtf Wednesday’s!!! To all the smokers with babies how will/would you feel if your child/grandchild got cancer?! Just sayin

July 15, 2012 | 9:13 pm

Love that you speak out.
      You are 100% right! xo

10. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    July 12, 2012 | 2:05 pm

Being an ex-smoker, this was one of the many reasons I had to put it down…

July 15, 2012 | 9:12 pm

A well dressed, confident elderly man told me what he thought women who smoked looked like when I was still smoking.
      It had such an effect on me I quit the next day, cold turkey.

July 14, 2012 | 9:17 am

No lie…we were driving and I saw a dad with his arms extended over a stroller with a dart in his hand. His kid’s head was just an inch away!
    I wanted to kick him in the moose knuckle

July 15, 2012 | 8:59 pm

I thought girls had a moose knuckle.
      Animal anatomy references confuse me.

12. Debi (@TruthfulMommy)
    July 15, 2012 | 11:05 am

Wait a minute mama! Throat Punch Thursday is still alive and kicking for years now. I just had a rough couple months and was off my game:) I promise you that Throat Punch Thursday is back in full force starting NOW!
    Hope you can join in again. ANd Hell yeah this Dragon lady smoking like a chimney so deserves a throat punch…every day of the week! Miss you!.

July 15, 2012 | 8:57 pm

I didn’t leave you! I just stopped posting on thursdays. I still love to hit inappropriately