Being diagnosed with a mood disorder (that’s what we call it because my psychiatrist doesn’t like the words crazy, nut job, or spun) can be overwhelming.
There’s med changes to adjust to, emotions to figure out, and a new diagnosis to accept.
But along with that stress comes some really awesome stuff that people rarely write about.
I know! You’re all like, “what? You’re high!”
You’re right, I am, but I’m also telling the truth. Bipolar mania is where it’s at.
*Now this is where I have to do the whole disclaimer telling all those serious people that this is tongue in cheek and don’t take me serious and write mean comments about how your mania isn’t fun and you stay awake at night, and you can’t focus, and you’re agitated, and you think I’m insensitive for writing this because I know that side too and I’m choosing not to write about it right now. Also? I don’t suggest everyone run to their doctor and be diagnosed with bipolar because they think it’s awesome.
Right. Now then.
To the marvellous bits.
1. I can clean an entire house with a magic erase in an hour. My bathroom would take your breath away (I should Pin that shit).
2. My clothing, jewellery, and shoes coordinate beautifully, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I’m up all night putting outfits together in my head. The compliments I receive only further solidify that mania makes me gorgeous
3. And it’s easy to plan an outfit when every piece of laundry is clean and put away!
4. All of my files and to do lists at work are caught up and I’m on to next week’s projected reports because I eat lunch at my desk. Who needs a break when there’s work to do?
5. Our house smells of delicious dinners, fresh veggies being chopped, and new menu items being created.
6. Every song that’s played on the radio is my favourite
7. It’s never too late to plan a road trip, to go for a visit, or to go for a walk – it’s beautiful outside!
8. Conversations are enjoyable; at the store, at the gas station, on the phone, at work, in the park, on a bench, near a fence, with a wrench….
9. The creativity and ideas are flowing and I should become an inventor
10. The blood is flowing, the pheromones are going, and … hmm… where is Brian?