In the Moment

B: You stare off into space a lot

Me: I do?

B: Yeah… what are you looking at?

Me: Nothing. I’m thinking.

B: About what?

Me: Depends. Sometimes I think about the limbs on the tree and how they bend perfectly with the wind. Other times I think about what I’m feeling and try to get to the depths of it. Sometimes I think about pulling my legs and arms into my sweater and then tucking my head away like a turtle – I think how nice it would be to stay like that.

B: Why can’t you just be?

Me: What do you mean?

B: Why can’t you just be here, in the moment?

Me: I am here. But when my mind is racing with ideas, thoughts, and questions I need to take a minute. I need to focus on the sky and the trees and the moment I’m in. I need to do it quietly.

B: …..

Me: That’s me being here.

B: …..

Me: In fact I think that makes me more in the moment than you. More than a lot of people.

B: Touche.

7 Responses to In the Moment
  1. Mark
    July 30, 2012 | 8:49 am

Exactly!
    m.

August 1, 2012 | 10:12 pm

I like you.
      It’s true I do.
      Just want you to know.

2. katery
    July 30, 2012 | 9:04 am

our brains make it difficult to be in any one moment, are there people in the world who can think of just one thing at a time? that would be refreshing.

August 1, 2012 | 10:12 pm

I always think that! Where are these people who can just float through life with no worries?

3. Amber
    July 30, 2012 | 9:56 am

My husband is always asking me if I could just get my mind to stop that. But I can’t. It’s just who I am. With my stress my mind feels like it goes a mile a minute at all times. I totally get this. Totally.

August 1, 2012 | 10:11 pm

thinking of you today Amber! xoxoxo

4. Alison
    July 30, 2012 | 10:14 pm

Well, now he knows 🙂

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2012/07/30/moment/trackback/

In the Moment

B: You stare off into space a lot

Me: I do?

B: Yeah… what are you looking at?

Me: Nothing. I’m thinking.

B: About what?

B: Why can’t you just be?

Me: What do you mean?

B: Why can’t you just be here, in the moment?

B: …..

Me: That’s me being here.

B: …..