So What’s Up With Your Arms?

When you struggle with Mental Illness there are days when YOU are okay but your body shows signs of exhaustion.

War wounds.

Inside you are cheerful and glowing, but those who don’t know you see scars from the days you’ve spent buried under a pile of sadness, using the only tool you know to get out.

Physical pain.

It feels better than the emotional struggle you can’t understand.

Recently my friend Kim experienced what it feels like to have her wounds brought to the attention of not only those shopping with her, but those in line around her, when a clerk directly asked about her cuts.

How does someone struggling with mental illness and understanding their own cycle respond?

With dignity.

And she did.

But what if she hadn’t?

That’s not Kim.

So this, my dear friend, is for you.

You handle yourself with distinction, hilarity, and alway take life with a grain of salt.

We are here with you, jumping in once you’re done.

————————————————————————————————

Oh no she di…int

Notice the incredible height, chasing a toddler all day makes her agile and quick like a ninja (it also doesn’t hurt that she sleeps with Chuck Norris).

Also, note the size of her boobs. They have increased, largely because of her meds.

The fear on the cashier’s face is due to her frightening fangs that have developed after months of munching on ice cream and cake, she also might be drooling.

There are no reports of charges having been laid as a result of this attack.

25 Responses to So What’s Up With Your Arms?
  1. Alison
    August 24, 2012 | 3:00 am

You’re an amazing friend to Kim.

Also, funny cartoon šŸ™‚

2. Farrah
    August 24, 2012 | 6:47 am

That clerk deserved every ass-kicking she can get for that. Tact, anyone?

August 24, 2012 | 6:58 am

I. Can’t. Stop. Laughing.
    I love the shit out of you.
    So much.
    Xoxo

4. Jordan
    August 24, 2012 | 7:09 am

Some people are so clueless!!

5. […] dear sweet friend Leighann from Multitasking Mumma wrote a wonderful and hilarious post about this incident. I confided in her when it […]

6. lindsay
    August 24, 2012 | 9:20 am

Bahahahaha. Mutha futha’s don’t wanna mess wit ‘choo!

7. Lily from It's A Dome Life
    August 24, 2012 | 9:41 am

That has to be one of the rudest clerks in the history of shopping. I wish I could jump on a counter like that. Kim sounds pretty awesome.

8. Andrea
    August 24, 2012 | 5:29 pm

I think I snorted. ;> And Kim even warned me it was hilarious. But I didn’t listen.

xox to you both.

9. Kim
    August 24, 2012 | 7:38 pm

Most excellent! You did a great job of describing how it feels to be in the clenches of depression, AND in describing a justifiable attack on an ignorant fool! Kim has great taste in friends.

August 27, 2012 | 8:08 pm

Thank you! If only we could really react this way and not be put under arrest.

10. Arnebya
    August 24, 2012 | 10:48 pm

I am giggling so very hard at this, imagining Kim with a “uh uh, bitch, it’s on!” Oooh, better yet, next time say, “Oh, these? Flesh eating bacteria. Highly contagious.” And then give the unblinking stare of I’M GIVING IT TO YOU WITH MY EYES!”

11. Alexandra
    August 24, 2012 | 11:35 pm

Oh,laughter.

Laughter: the best band aid in the world!

What a good friend you are..

August 27, 2012 | 8:08 pm

Thank you wonderful you!
      Love to see your face. xo

12. Lady Estrogen
    August 25, 2012 | 7:14 am

It still amazes me people’s lack of personal boundaries – they are so intrusive, gah!!

Awesome cartoon.

x

13. Kai
    August 25, 2012 | 7:22 am

I KNOW Kimmy appreciated the humorous approach. It’s all we CAN do – try to find some relief in the ‘humor’ of Bipolar. I love Kim to the moon & back, & tho’ I am not a cutter or burner, even medicated (NO FREAKIN’ LITHIUM, THO’) I have total meltdowns more than I like admitting. I HATE Bipolar. But I will always have it. Thank you to the people who ‘advise’ me that if I will FIND Jesus (he’s lost?) I’ll be healed. Bull. I am a TRADITIONAL Comanche who deeply believes in the Great Spirit (basically the same thing – different name, folks) yet I am STILL Bipolar. Thanks to those who tell me Bipolar doesn’t really exist; I’m just ‘mooooooody.’ Really? Come closer & I’ll SHOW you moody. I think Kim SHOULD have jumped that counter as in your version. LOL! Bet that thoughtless cashier would think twice next time before spouting her unasked for comments. You have the right idea: HUMOR. It’s WONDERFUL medicine! And YOU are a wonderful friend to Kim!

August 27, 2012 | 8:06 pm

Thank you for this comment! Humour is especially important to getting through the dark stuff.

August 25, 2012 | 9:47 am

You, my friend, are hilarious. Her post broke my heart. And I know you are such a wonderful support to her.

August 27, 2012 | 8:05 pm

She’s someone pretty awesome and sometimes life kicks her in the face. I think she should kick it back.

15. Ally
    August 26, 2012 | 7:12 pm

Good friend, indeed! Hilarious, and you made Kim laugh. Perfect šŸ™‚

August 27, 2012 | 8:04 pm

She makes me laugh too, but that doesn’t surprise anyone, she’s hilarious

16. angela
    August 26, 2012 | 8:25 pm

That could be a shirt. Then the store could sell it, and the ridiculous cashier could be reminded of her tactlessness every day.

August 27, 2012 | 8:00 pm

YOU are a marketing genius

17. Lady Jennie
    August 27, 2012 | 8:10 am

Love this post! You tell em, all those people who have bolts in their head instead of brains.

August 27, 2012 | 7:59 pm

That is exactly it… bolts

18. Mamaintheburbs
    August 28, 2012 | 11:40 am

That cashier should learn a few things about tact. Because she has none. Thanks for posting this. Kim has helped me and I know she feels all the love we have for her!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2012/08/24/so-whats-up-your-arms/trackback/

So What’s Up With Your Arms?

War wounds.

Physical pain.

It feels better than the emotional struggle you can’t understand.

With dignity.

And she did.

But what if she hadn’t?

That’s not Kim.

So this, my dear friend, is for you.

We are here with you, jumping in once you’re done.

————————————————————————————————

Oh no she di…int

There are no reports of charges having been laid as a result of this attack.

25 Responses to So What’s Up With Your Arms?
  1. Alison
    August 24, 2012 | 3:00 am

You’re an amazing friend to Kim.

Also, funny cartoon šŸ™‚

2. Farrah
    August 24, 2012 | 6:47 am

That clerk deserved every ass-kicking she can get for that. Tact, anyone?

August 24, 2012 | 6:58 am

I. Can’t. Stop. Laughing.
    I love the shit out of you.
    So much.
    Xoxo

4. Jordan
    August 24, 2012 | 7:09 am

Some people are so clueless!!

6. lindsay
    August 24, 2012 | 9:20 am

Bahahahaha. Mutha futha’s don’t wanna mess wit ‘choo!

7. Lily from It's A Dome Life
    August 24, 2012 | 9:41 am

8. Andrea
    August 24, 2012 | 5:29 pm

xox to you both.

9. Kim
    August 24, 2012 | 7:38 pm

August 27, 2012 | 8:08 pm

Thank you! If only we could really react this way and not be put under arrest.

10. Arnebya
    August 24, 2012 | 10:48 pm

11. Alexandra
    August 24, 2012 | 11:35 pm

Oh,laughter.

Laughter: the best band aid in the world!

What a good friend you are..

August 27, 2012 | 8:08 pm