Meeting with a Medium

I’m going to be straight with you before I begin this post.

This isn’t for everyone.

I met with a Medium (a person who speaks with those who have departed), and I’m going to share my experience. If you don’t agree with my choice or it’s against your religion I can appreciate.

If you are unsure of this I encourage you to try it.

All mature opinions and comments are welcome.

———————–

When I first sat down with her I didn’t expect what I saw. She was a young mousey girl with blond wisps of hair around her face. Her feet were curled up underneath her and her legs were covered by her black jacket, to keep the chill in the air away.

I chose to sit on the couch beside her; maybe she could pick up my spirit signal better?

She had a quiet voice and told me she’d been open about her gift for one year, she explained that she saw spirits in front of her vision, like a screen, and sometimes they stood beside the person she was talking to.

I was fascinated.

Almost as quickly as our small talk had started, it ended, and she closed her eyes, concentrating on the visions behind her eye lids.

“I see a man, older, passed from a heart condition.”

My throat tightened.

“Yes.”

“He has broad shoulders, he’s been in heaven for a long time; he’s comfortable there. He passed when you were very young but you visited him a lot when you were little.”

I couldn’t believe her accuracy in describing my grandfather.

“He’s showing me insulin; diabetes; did he pass from this as well?”

I searched my brain but couldn’t find any memory from stories that I had been told.

“I don’t know.”

She closed her eyes again, “Is this your mother’s father?”

“No.”

My heart sunk. Maybe she wasn’t like Long Island Medium as I had hoped.

“He’s showing me that he was incredibly fond of your mother, as though she was a daughter.”

I didn’t know this either and couldn’t confirm.

She continued to talk for a half an hour about my daughter and her personality, gifts that she had, and about my job and changes to it I had been considering. She told me my grandfather was encouraging me to make the changes to my job and to go back to school; something I had been on the fence about.

She talked about a recent pregnancy.

She told me that Brian and I could have known each other sooner because we had people in our lives that should have met years ago and introduced us.

Our fathers were both Liquor Store Managers and attended the same functions for over 30 years.

My mind was blown.

And still is.

Not only because of her accuracy but because of the events that are now falling into place after meeting with her.

And my Grandfather?

My parents confirmed he had diabetes and was on insulin. He was also very close to my mother and saw her as a daughter.

Things I did not know.

————————

Brian had a meeting too.

He spoke with his Grandparents and even their dog visited. They told him they’re proud of the father he is and that they were at our wedding.

His Grandfather?

He’s holding a baby in a blue blanket.

19 Responses to Meeting with a Medium
  1. Galit Breen
    October 31, 2012 | 7:37 am

This sounds so very powerful, girl.

I hope that you got what you were searching for here.

It sounds like you did?

(Teary at that last line and photo. I’m so very sorry.)

October 31, 2012 | 9:41 pm

Thank you Galit.
      I know I got exactly what I needed through this.

2. Carrie Smith
    October 31, 2012 | 7:51 am

I actually got goose bumps wow!

October 31, 2012 | 9:40 pm

It was incredible, there are no words for it.
      I would do it again in a second.

3. Alison
    October 31, 2012 | 8:26 am

This gave me chills. Not in a bad way.
    It’s kind of comforting to know that your baby is with loved ones, isn’t it?

October 31, 2012 | 9:39 pm

So comforting to know that everyone is there together and that what I believed is being validated by someone.

4. Lady Estrogen
    October 31, 2012 | 9:03 am

Awe, I just welled up. So lovely and reassuring, isn’t it? OMG. Love.

October 31, 2012 | 9:38 pm

It was such a huge moment in my life! I think about it everyday!
      I want to meet with her again.

5. Jenn@Fox in the City
    October 31, 2012 | 9:10 am

Fascinating and comforting. 🙂

October 31, 2012 | 9:37 pm

Exactly! Comforting.

6. Jordan
    October 31, 2012 | 9:45 am

I don’t know why but I was hesitant to read this post, but now as I sit here with tears in my eyes I’m glad I kept an open mind. What a wonderful experience and I will be getting in touch to get a name, so possibly I can go sometime too. LOVE your words. Xo

October 31, 2012 | 9:37 pm

It was life changing Jordan!
      I think about it every single day.
      Really!

October 31, 2012 | 10:25 am

That gave me chills. Really.
    I find it to be creepy. I think I would be really creeped out by talking to the dead people.
    Shawn would never do something like this.
    Jerk

October 31, 2012 | 9:36 pm

you don’t talk to them.
      The medium does.
      Problem solved… I’ll send you her number

8. Jackie
    October 31, 2012 | 12:56 pm

I’ve seen a psychic before… really she was a card reader. But she was pretty good at it, but I think that I’d rather speak with a medium like you did.

I’m so sorry for your loss… there are simply not enough words to help.

October 31, 2012 | 9:35 pm

Thank you Jackie.
      I’ve also spoken with a psychic before and meeting with the Medium was a much better experience.

9. Sarah
    November 1, 2012 | 9:09 am

I saw a psychic/medical intuitive two weeks ago. It is facinating isn’t it 🙂

November 2, 2012 | 3:02 pm

What is a medical intuitive? Is it different?

November 2, 2012 | 9:21 pm

Whoa. Thanks for the Friday night tears.

What an amazing experience. Seriously, my heart is in my throat! xo

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2012/10/31/meeting-medium/trackback/

Meeting with a Medium

I’m going to be straight with you before I begin this post.

This isn’t for everyone.

If you are unsure of this I encourage you to try it.

All mature opinions and comments are welcome.

———————–

I was fascinated.

“I see a man, older, passed from a heart condition.”

My throat tightened.

“Yes.”

I couldn’t believe her accuracy in describing my grandfather.

“He’s showing me insulin; diabetes; did he pass from this as well?”

“I don’t know.”

She closed her eyes again, “Is this your mother’s father?”

“No.”

My heart sunk. Maybe she wasn’t like Long Island Medium as I had hoped.

I didn’t know this either and couldn’t confirm.

She talked about a recent pregnancy.

My mind was blown.

And still is.

And my Grandfather?

Things I did not know.

————————

Brian had a meeting too.

His Grandfather?

He’s holding a baby in a blue blanket.

19 Responses to Meeting with a Medium
  1. Galit Breen
    October 31, 2012 | 7:37 am

This sounds so very powerful, girl.

I hope that you got what you were searching for here.

It sounds like you did?

(Teary at that last line and photo. I’m so very sorry.)

October 31, 2012 | 9:41 pm

Thank you Galit.
      I know I got exactly what I needed through this.

2. Carrie Smith
    October 31, 2012 | 7:51 am

I actually got goose bumps wow!

October 31, 2012 | 9:40 pm

It was incredible, there are no words for it.
      I would do it again in a second.

3. Alison
    October 31, 2012 | 8:26 am

This gave me chills. Not in a bad way.
    It’s kind of comforting to know that your baby is with loved ones, isn’t it?

October 31, 2012 | 9:39 pm

4. Lady Estrogen
    October 31, 2012 | 9:03 am

Awe, I just welled up. So lovely and reassuring, isn’t it? OMG. Love.

October 31, 2012 | 9:38 pm

It was such a huge moment in my life! I think about it everyday!
      I want to meet with her again.

5. Jenn@Fox in the City
    October 31, 2012 | 9:10 am

Fascinating and comforting. 🙂

October 31, 2012 | 9:37 pm

Exactly! Comforting.

6. Jordan
    October 31, 2012 | 9:45 am

October 31, 2012 | 9:37 pm

It was life changing Jordan!
      I think about it every single day.
      Really!

October 31, 2012 | 10:25 am

That gave me chills. Really.
    Shawn would never do something like this.
    Jerk

October 31, 2012 | 9:36 pm

you don’t talk to them.
      The medium does.
      Problem solved… I’ll send you her number

8. Jackie
    October 31, 2012 | 12:56 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss… there are simply not enough words to help.

October 31, 2012 | 9:35 pm

Thank you Jackie.

9. Sarah
    November 1, 2012 | 9:09 am

I saw a psychic/medical intuitive two weeks ago. It is facinating isn’t it 🙂

November 2, 2012 | 3:02 pm

What is a medical intuitive? Is it different?

November 2, 2012 | 9:21 pm

Whoa. Thanks for the Friday night tears.

What an amazing experience. Seriously, my heart is in my throat! xo