Move Your Vajiggle Jaggle

Last week I asked for suggestions on adding activity into my day.

A day that begins at 6am and slows down around 8pm, with very little time to myself.

By the time I do have me time I’m exhausted, have freelance work to do, laundry, cleaning, lunches to make, a husband to talk to, and Honey Boo Boo to watch (whatever.. you watch it too).

I needed advice on fitting in even 20 minutes of activity during the day, without losing sleep or family time.

And you guys pulled through!

You reminded me that activity doesn’t have to be regimented. It doesn’t have to come in the form of a workout video, a class, or a speed walk during my lunch when I want to eat. It can be broken down throughout the day.

So that’s what I’ve been doing, with the advice from all of you, I’ve been filling my day with small activities that I wouldn’t usually do, and guess what?

It’s working!

adding activity

Instead of staring out the window while I warm up my coffee at work, I do squats and stand up crunches, and continue even if co-workers come in and stare at me.

What? I’m squatting! I’m getting healthy! Don’t just stand there, spot me!

I run (I use this term loosely) in circles around the living room with my daughter, give her airplane rides, and dance while dinner is cooking, instead of tweeting or cleaning, because its activity and family time all rolled into one.

I take more trips up and down the stairs, carry heavier loads, and stand instead of sit.

And during Honey Boo Boo?

Instead of diving head first into a bag of chips, I complete a quick 20 minute strengthening routine, or do some crunches, or try any one of the thousands of 20 minute “workouts” on Pinterest I’ve been meaning pinning.

My new routine doesn’t have me ninja kicking and doing triple sow cows, but I’m doing more and feeling better.

Baby steps my friends.

And it’s all because of you.

Oh, and because of all of the beautimous vajiggle jaggle on Honey Boo Boo

honeybooboo

What types of activity have you incorporated into your daily routine? Let me know!

And make sure to watch out for updates on my “move more” lifestyle changes…

Pin It

18 Responses to Move Your Vajiggle Jaggle
  1. Mrs. Jen B
    February 6, 2013 | 9:20 am

Fabulous! I’m so glad you’re doing this. You’re worth it and trust me, it adds up.

I might print out that picture and put it up on my…well, everything…to motivate me. 😉

For the record, I don’t watch Honey Boo Boo. She makes me sad. I’d much rather watch SVU marathons for hours on end. You’d think they’d make me sadder, wouldn’t you?

February 12, 2013 | 9:20 pm

I should print that out too!! My Gawd that show makes me laugh.

2. Jenn@Fox in the City
    February 6, 2013 | 9:33 am

Tee hee, I can totally picture you doing squats while waiting for the coffee! I have been known to use the large table in my office for modified push-ups from time to time . . . or almost every day! Also, you could get one of those large exercise balls and sit on it rather than your chair. That way you are working your core while sitting and if the mood strikes, you can punch out a few crunches in no time. Yes you will look like a dork (and if you office has a fire, the firemen will ask what in the world it was doing in your office . . . true story) but it is a great way to make the daily sitting less harmful. 🙂

3. Alison
    February 6, 2013 | 11:08 am

Yay, that’s awesome!

I always have a child with me, so I easily made excuses to not workout.

Then I realized I could do 20 minutes a day, while the kids nap. Jillian Michaels and the 30-Day Shred to the rescue! I’ve done 6 days now, and although I don’t see a difference, I definitely feel stronger.

Keep doing what you’re doing!

4. Robin | Farewell, Stranger
    February 6, 2013 | 11:51 am

Good job, mama! That’s awesome. It does add up, plus it makes you feel better. Keep going!

February 12, 2013 | 9:14 pm

You’re a huge inspiration. Keep your great ideas coming.

5. Galit Breen
    February 6, 2013 | 10:13 pm

Way to go, you!! I’m so very proud of you and think is such a smart, practical way to go!!

February 12, 2013 | 9:14 pm

Thanks Galit… baby steps

6. Laura
    February 7, 2013 | 8:07 am

I LOVE that you’re doing this! How absolutely inspiring! I know even the thing you’ve listed can be hard to do when you feel overwhelmed and exhausted, so I’m proud of you for doing them. Thanks for sharing!

February 12, 2013 | 9:10 pm

Thank you Laura! You’re encouragement is refreshing!!

7. Lady Estrogen
    February 7, 2013 | 8:46 am

That’s great! I can picture those squats too. Sexy!
    I’ve been meaning to do something little during my soaps. Soon. I swear!

February 12, 2013 | 9:07 pm

If I could stay away from the damn smart food I’d loose 40lbs…

February 9, 2013 | 12:07 am

I can totally see you telling coworkers to “piss off, I’m getting healthy up in here!”

I pinned a simple looking hotel workout and tried it on one of my non run days. That shit was hard!

February 12, 2013 | 9:06 pm

how long did this hotel workout take? I might be interested.

9. Greta
    February 10, 2013 | 10:43 pm

Oh, my deal lord, she’s scary. Way to go! I was running in the afternoon but I was always so tired….doing it in the morning while the littlest is strapped in his high chair, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Whatever, it works!

February 12, 2013 | 9:05 pm

You are a HUGE inspiration.. I look forward to your running updates.

February 11, 2013 | 8:10 am

Good for you! I can totally see you in the lunch room squatting, telling co workers to get lost and quit staring.

I watch Honey Boo Boo too. It’s like a car wreck that you just take your eyes off of.

February 12, 2013 | 9:03 pm

I’ve been caught but co-workers usually laugh with me