Bunnies, Jesus, and Food Poisoning

Easter weekend.

Four days off from work with nothing to do but spend time with my family and eat.

eggs

Bunnies and Jesus.

Neither one having anything to do with the other and a toddler to explain it to.

I took an extra day off just to recover from it.

Turns out that’s not why I’ll need the extra day off.

Friday I ate some Sautéed Mushroom Soup from a store near work and ended up with horrific food poisoning.

I’m still recovering.

My family went to Easter dinner without me and are indulging in sweet potato casserole, turkey, and pies, going on Easter egg hunts, and drinking copious amounts of alcohol while I make-out with the toilet.

I’ve refrained from harassing them with the details of my illness while they enjoy their dinner.

It’s been dreamy.

And I’m waiting until all the left-overs are gone to tell them that I want an easter do over on the date of my choosing.

I’m sure they’ll understand.

*Snort

Happy Easter!!

9 Responses to Bunnies, Jesus, and Food Poisoning
  1. Cathy Adams
    March 30, 2013 | 8:07 am

We missed you but sent the sweet potato casserole home for you. We will have a do over any time you want. I hope you feel better soon.

March 30, 2013 | 8:50 am

Oh, bummer! I would rather have the worst flu ever than a stomach bug. I hate throwing up. You get yourself that do over. Happy Easter!

3. andrea
    March 30, 2013 | 7:41 pm

After several incidents with me getting sick after mushrooms I recognized that I am allergic. I do have a mold allergy so I should have realized! Hoping this is quick for you. Feel better soon.

March 31, 2013 | 7:39 am

I have an allergy to penicillin, which is mold… do you think that could be related?

• Andrea
        March 31, 2013 | 9:06 am

I do, actually. I tried a few times thinking that it was just a random thing or food poisoning, but then the last time it happened I made the connection and honestly have never eaten mushrooms again. It isn’t lie-threatening, so I can pick them out of things if I need to, but when I can have them removed I do. I don’t know how often you eat them, but I would keep track. It could just be the strain (so to speak) or something, but I would keep an eye and be cautious. Obviously don’t eat that soup again! 😉 But worth watching and looking into. I hope you are feeling better!

4. Andrea
    March 31, 2013 | 9:07 am

Life-threatening. Not lie. No lies were submitted in this comment. 🙂

March 31, 2013 | 11:28 pm

Oh no! I hope you’re feeling better soon. And yes, you definitely deserve that do-over!

6. Jackie
    April 1, 2013 | 2:48 pm

Yikes!! I hope that you’re feeling better soon! That does not sound like a good way to spend the holiday at all… you deserve a do-over!

April 2, 2013 | 9:54 pm

I have pretty great family, I have no doubt they’ll do another meal…
      I really hope they read my comments LOL

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/03/29/bunnies-jesus-food-poisoning/trackback/

Bunnies, Jesus, and Food Poisoning

Easter weekend.

eggs

Bunnies and Jesus.

I took an extra day off just to recover from it.

Turns out that’s not why I’ll need the extra day off.

I’m still recovering.

It’s been dreamy.

I’m sure they’ll understand.

*Snort

March 31, 2013 | 9:07 am

Life-threatening. Not lie. No lies were submitted in this comment. 🙂

March 31, 2013 | 11:28 pm

6. Jackie
    April 1, 2013 | 2:48 pm

April 2, 2013 | 9:54 pm

I have pretty great family, I have no doubt they’ll do another meal…
      I really hope they read my comments LOL