The Magic of Easterchristmas

The Easter Bunny has come, and left our daughter to collect everything around our living room beyond Easter Sunday and colourful chocolates.

She’s now pocketing small change and video games that have been left out.

easter hunt1

This year she had to be reminded that it was Easter and there was a bunny who brought eggs and that he was best friends with Jesus…

And that is why we celebrate the holy holiday of Easterchristmas.

peeps

Celebrations started early on in the weekend with grandparents backing up dump trucks full of toys, chocolate, candy, and noisy objects to our front door.

They all need spankings.

They kept saying, “it’s all about the children.”

It is.

Papa and S

And Jesus. (and their own children who they forgot to buy a chocolate Easter bunny for, forcing them to eat their toddlers)

But don’t tell the Easter Bunny.

Or my parents.

Or my in-laws.

You’ll ruin Easterchristmas.

spring coat

Next year we’re going to talk them into a trampoline.

GFunkified

26 Responses to The Magic of Easterchristmas
  1. Alison
    April 1, 2013 | 9:46 pm

She’s so big already!

(since when did Easter become a time to give gifts like it’s Christmas, anyway?)

2. Nina
    April 1, 2013 | 11:48 pm

Popping in to say hi! Love seeing what you’re up to. And Happy (late) Easter. Looks like a good one. 🙂

April 2, 2013 | 9:53 pm

I love that you popped in!
      Hope you had a great Easter!

3. Farrah
    April 2, 2013 | 12:09 pm

I love your photos- and it does look like she had a jolly good time pocketing what wasn’t nailed down 🙂

I bought the boys 3 really small (yet totally adorable) felt Easter baskets from the grocery store (see –>online so it was easy) and they’re so small they literally fit 1 chocolate bunny each, 1 wooden animal, 1 bubble bath bomb and a few small chocolate eggs. And the boys were totally down with that because they didn’t know otherwise. Nice trend I intend to keep going!

April 2, 2013 | 9:52 pm

I want to live where you are right now.
      I’m so jealous of your adventure.

April 2, 2013 | 2:44 pm

I don’t understand how Easter has turned into Christmas #2. My instagram feed was making me look like a terrible mother/Easter bunny this year!

April 2, 2013 | 9:51 pm

I think that grandparents mean well, they love the kids so much they want to shower them with gifts and love.
      But the actual “Bunny” didn’t deliver that much to my house.

5. Cathy
    April 2, 2013 | 5:40 pm

I believe there was a bag of chocolate easter eggs sent home that were not for the toddler because they did not say peanut free. Just saying. And it was not a dump truck, just a small pick up. 🙂

April 2, 2013 | 9:50 pm

the chocolate didn’t make it to me mommy… 🙁

6. Rach (DonutsMama)
    April 2, 2013 | 8:32 pm

Dude Easter has become so crazy! I only got D a couple of things. I didn’t realize I should’ve gotten her more, especially jelly beans b/c I’m really craving those right now.

April 2, 2013 | 9:50 pm

I will send you Jelly Beans.
      I have a million

7. Greta
    April 2, 2013 | 9:54 pm

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. I got my kids, like, three little things each for their Easter baskets. Their grandparents? LOADED THEM UP.

Your girl is awfully cute….can’t say I blame them for spoiling her. 😉

8. Kerstin @ Auer Life
    April 2, 2013 | 10:46 pm

We came back from Vegas the day before Easter, so in all the post-vacation-exhaustion we totally skipped it this year…
    Trampoline sounds good though, lol!

April 3, 2013 | 9:24 pm

OOOHHH I LOVED VEGAS!! We went there on our honeymoon!

9. Mama Melch
    April 3, 2013 | 9:27 am

Please share if you EVER figure out how to curb the grandparent spoiling. We just do candy & eggs for Easter, & then usually argue about Jesus & the integration of pagan customs into Christianity blah blah blah. Blended religious family life is always exciting!

April 3, 2013 | 9:24 pm

I don’t think grandparents will ever stop… it’s their job.

April 3, 2013 | 11:58 am

So my son says “Today Jesus was whipped really hard and he bled all over the place. Then he was nailed to the cross. He died. The end.”
    I don’t know what they are teaching them in catholic school…
    Bunnies are less traumatic.
    Viva la candy.
    And bubbles.

April 3, 2013 | 9:23 pm

Our kids are weird.
      Yours might be learning too much.

11. Kim@Co-Pilot Mom
    April 3, 2013 | 6:40 pm

I love that she is collecting things around the house. The egg hunt is always the big excitement around here, too.

April 3, 2013 | 9:22 pm

The hunt was my favourite part

12. Elaine A.
    April 3, 2013 | 10:38 pm

My parents gave my kids a ton of $ for Easter (okay, not a TON but enough for little kids). I was all like, where’s mine??? I like the trampoline idea! Happy Easter, friend! 🙂

13. Runnermom-jen
    April 4, 2013 | 11:07 am

I LOVE that Peeps picture…I may have stolen some of those from my kids 😉
    Your daughter’s smile is contagious.

April 4, 2013 | 5:52 pm

As much as I want to like Peeps I don’t. They’re really great to take pictures of though!

14. Ducky
    April 4, 2013 | 8:41 pm

Pocketing the small change? That stuff adds up over time!! I may need to take her on the road with me. Or at the very least have her teach Lil Duck some collection pointers 😀

15. sarah
    April 6, 2013 | 3:09 pm

Easterchristmas! Ha! I actually only bought my kiddos chocolate easter bunnies and ONE egg with M&Ms a piece. That was it this year. But then I filled their baskets with more useful stuff like pool toys, sandals, bathing suits! I think they liked it. Also, can you tell I’m ready for the warm weather 🙂

April 7, 2013 | 8:46 pm

ooohhhh bathing suits! what a great idea