“The Sick”

We’ve been battling “the sick” in our house for what seems like weeks.

It’s gross, ugly, and turns patient mommy into frustrated mommy when she is woken up by insistent coughing and cries for medicine in the middle of the night.

But no matter how tempted I am to run to the clinic over a sore throat or cough, this time we are toughin’ it out!

No more 5 hour visits to the hospital just to contract eye germs from the girl in the pjs who wants to tell me all about her life and why she’s curled in a ball sniffling.

Or to sit there while teenagers swear and kick each other requiring me to take out my trusty Throat Punch.

Nope.

I’d rather do laundry.

So this time we’re killing “the sick” the old fashioned way.

With baby wipes, Windex, and vitamin C.

windex

Because that’s what my mom, inlaws, and the movies said to do.

Just leave my Mother of the year award at the front door.

8 Responses to “The Sick”
  1. Alison
    May 9, 2013 | 8:51 pm

We’ve been battling the sick over here too, and yup, no doctors either. We’re toughing it out.

Hope everyone gets better soon!

May 12, 2013 | 5:14 pm

she seems to be feeling much better… and we had to go to the clinic for my husband after all of that afterall!! grr.

2. Karen
    May 10, 2013 | 6:25 pm

We also stick it out. Been at the hospital too many times waiting for hrs only to be told to wait it out a couple more days! We do vitamin c, echinacea, and lots of sleep. I don’t get the windex though….

May 12, 2013 | 5:13 pm

The windex is from the movie “the fockers”

May 10, 2013 | 7:55 pm

Boo sickies! I tend to stick it out too. If I taken them, it’s a virus and there’s nothing they can do. If I wait it out…turns out we have pneumonia.

May 12, 2013 | 5:12 pm

she’s better now but I couldn’t do the clinic again.. no way.. ew.

4. Mamaintheburbs
    May 11, 2013 | 6:40 pm

I recently waited it out and last Tuesday finally caved and went to the Dr. My daughter was diagnosed w pneumonia. I felt like such an ass. I didn’t want to run to the Dr bc a cough but I guess I waited to long. Such a fine line. We’ve been in the house since Tuesday and I’m losing my mind. It’s tough to see them sick!

May 12, 2013 | 5:12 pm

she seems to be on the mend but we were definitely watching for signs of it getting any worse.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/05/09/sick/trackback/

“The Sick”

We’ve been battling “the sick” in our house for what seems like weeks.

Nope.

I’d rather do laundry.

So this time we’re killing “the sick” the old fashioned way.

With baby wipes, Windex, and vitamin C.

windex

Because that’s what my mom, inlaws, and the movies said to do.

Just leave my Mother of the year award at the front door.

8 Responses to “The Sick”
  1. Alison
    May 9, 2013 | 8:51 pm

Hope everyone gets better soon!

May 12, 2013 | 5:14 pm

2. Karen
    May 10, 2013 | 6:25 pm

May 12, 2013 | 5:13 pm

The windex is from the movie “the fockers”

May 10, 2013 | 7:55 pm

May 12, 2013 | 5:12 pm

she’s better now but I couldn’t do the clinic again.. no way.. ew.

4. Mamaintheburbs