I Just Need a Minute

My head rests easily in my palms and I feel my hair fall in strands over my fingers. Closing my eyes I let the exhaustion take control for just a second.

I just need a minute.

To close out the office noises, the ringing telephone, and the to-do lists and find an inner quiet that will tell me where this sadness is coming from.

I press my hands against my ears and feel despair sweep over me. Tears begin to pool but I threaten their sting and blink them away.

I wish I was…

Opening my eyes I gaze outside and look to the very top of the trees, where they meet the clouds; my favourite spot to watch. The wind catches their leaves creating an inviting pillow of green.

I wish I was there.

Laying amongst the peak, camouflaged by the layers of foliage with no responsibility, no bills; having experienced no over whelming burdens, no sadness, and no mental illness.

Just sleeping on top of a pillow of green underneath a perfect blue sky.

3 Responses to I Just Need a Minute
  1. Teres
    June 6, 2013 | 8:07 pm

So descriptive! I wish I was there too. Right now.

2. Alison
    June 7, 2013 | 1:17 am

I hope you find some peace and quiet, Leighann. xo

June 7, 2013 | 8:51 am

I love doing that. It’s a good release to picture yourself anywhere but where you physically are.
    Picture yourself on my porch while wearing slippers and yelling at our children to stop poking my neighbor to see if he is dead on the lawn. He’s pretty old.
    xoxo

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/06/06/just-need-a-minute/trackback/

I Just Need a Minute

I just need a minute.

I wish I was…

I wish I was there.

Just sleeping on top of a pillow of green underneath a perfect blue sky.

3 Responses to I Just Need a Minute
  1. Teres
    June 6, 2013 | 8:07 pm

So descriptive! I wish I was there too. Right now.

2. Alison