Becoming My Mother

I glanced over to where my arm wrapped around my daughter while we sat side by side in the chair.

My mommy chair.

The designated spot where I sit and always have.

I looked down at where my hand rested along the side of her arm and did a double take, not sure who’s hand was really there.

Was that mine or my mothers?

My skin had suddenly, as if over night, taken on the same olive tone of hers, I had lines where she did, and my nails appeared longer.

hand

Was it age?

I stared at my hands for some time, transformed to a place where I would sit with my mom and find comfort in her warmth.

Wrapping myself around her and held in her arms.

Happily I looked back at my hands and sighed.

I was becoming my mom.

Finally.

8 Responses to Becoming My Mother
  1. Rach (DonutsMama)
    June 27, 2013 | 9:19 pm

I’ve often loved my mom’s hands. I think hands are so beautiful and I love just holding my daughter’s hands. I hope she’ll remember that mine were always there to love her.

June 28, 2013 | 4:24 pm

I hope the same thing for my daughter… isn’t it funny how we look back once we are mothers.

2. Lady Estrogen
    June 28, 2013 | 9:38 am

I have a love/hate relationship with hands. I love hands, but I detest veins, like, a lot.
    Maybe because of my extra poundage, I’ve had smoother hands than my mother, and I’m OK with that. Just please, I don’t want to see my veins, ever. lol

June 28, 2013 | 4:24 pm

You have gorgeous everything… seriously! I would love to have your bone structure.

3. Mom
    June 30, 2013 | 2:02 pm

Thanks for thinking of me. I’m happy that you are reminded of some of the better times we had when you were growing up. You tend to have a different perspective once you become a mother.

July 4, 2013 | 9:12 am

Love you mom xo

4. Amber
    June 30, 2013 | 6:37 pm

This was so beautiful. It’s amazing how much one can see in something so simple as a touch. This was beautiful.

July 4, 2013 | 9:12 am

Thank you amber! I’m so glad you liked it.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/06/27/becoming-my-mother/trackback/

Becoming My Mother

My mommy chair.

The designated spot where I sit and always have.

Was that mine or my mothers?

hand

Was it age?

Wrapping myself around her and held in her arms.

Happily I looked back at my hands and sighed.

I was becoming my mom.

June 30, 2013 | 2:02 pm

July 4, 2013 | 9:12 am

Love you mom xo

4. Amber
    June 30, 2013 | 6:37 pm

July 4, 2013 | 9:12 am

Thank you amber! I’m so glad you liked it.