Why I Write

After writing a lengthy post I will go over it and over it, scrutinizing my grammar and poor use of punctuation.

I know I use semi colons wrong and throw in dashes and commas where there shouldn’t be any.

And OMGWHYISSHEJOININGWORDS?

BUT, that isn’t why I write.

I write for the millions of people right now suffering from mental health diagnosis that they don’t understand.

To educate those who are still under the impression that the one in four who are affected by mental illnesses CHOOSE to be a part of the stigma that is attached to the illness.

I speak up and out because I want what I am going through to find someone else who is going through the very same thing so they know that they aren’t alone. I want them to know that it’s okay to feel like you are going bat shit crazy sometimes because guess what? It will pass, it will suck, but it will pass.

Because I need to feel connected to those people who I know are out there reading my words and connecting back to me.

I write to bring awareness to this very thing I thought would kill me…

but has only made me stronger.

my post today was inspired by Jessica from Four Plus an Angel (thank you)

5 Responses to Why I Write
  1. Jenny
    July 22, 2013 | 1:01 pm

I love this. I love your beautiful words. xoxo

2. Jen Bardall
    July 22, 2013 | 2:48 pm

Love this, sweetie. You are such a generous soul. Keep writing, keep being of service. The world needs your beautiful voice.

3. Mama and the City
    July 22, 2013 | 11:28 pm

…and most importantly, because this is real and it should be serious. Mental Health rules society, it should be priority in our health care system – worldwide.

Sigh.

4. Alison
    July 23, 2013 | 9:28 pm

You are doing a very important thing. Keep on writing!

July 25, 2013 | 9:50 am

Absolutely love this and so glad my post helped lead to your. Amazing how we’ve all connected and been able to pull each other through these years.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/07/22/why-i-write/trackback/

Why I Write

And OMGWHYISSHEJOININGWORDS?

BUT, that isn’t why I write.

I write to bring awareness to this very thing I thought would kill me…

but has only made me stronger.

my post today was inspired by Jessica from Four Plus an Angel (thank you)

5 Responses to Why I Write
  1. Jenny
    July 22, 2013 | 1:01 pm

I love this. I love your beautiful words. xoxo

2. Jen Bardall
    July 22, 2013 | 2:48 pm

3. Mama and the City
    July 22, 2013 | 11:28 pm

Sigh.

4. Alison
    July 23, 2013 | 9:28 pm

You are doing a very important thing. Keep on writing!

July 25, 2013 | 9:50 am