Just the Beginning (and a lot of poop)

Dumb poop.

That’s what she called me yesterday.

And I realized that this is the beginning of a long list of names I’ll be called in the coming years.

The roles have changed now, from changing the poop to being called it.

photo-671

She’s growing faster than I could have imagined; quicker than I was warned, and her questions sometimes slap me in the face with their honesty and seriousness.

When did she get so big?

We as the parents are the authority on all things right now and that’s scary. I don’t know why dumb poop isn’t appropriate. I think it’s hilarious.

photo-681

I’m no expert in math, science, or physics.

I’m not even sure I’ve got this parenting thing down yet.

But I do know she can ask any question and I’ll do my very best to answer it truthfully and in an age appropriate manner.

photo-69

Most of the time…

Even if it means stiffing a fist full of giggles to explain why we don’t call our mother a dumb poop.

8 Responses to Just the Beginning (and a lot of poop)
  1. CyndyBush
    July 28, 2013 | 8:30 pm

It was always a battle for me, to NOT laugh when my kids did naughty (yet funny) stuff. I frequently lost that battle!
    They still grew up to be pretty awesome so I think you’re ok. A sense of humor is a valuable parenting tool! πŸ˜‰

July 31, 2013 | 12:25 pm

what a nice thing to hear… I hope that my daughter grows up to be pretty awesome too. I think that she will.

2. Carrie (akaLaverne)
    July 29, 2013 | 7:11 am

Yeah… It’s hard to hold back the giggles sometimes isn’t it! I can’t believe the things that come out of their mouths. Experts we are not but do our best well… That means we are working hard at it and that means a lot! Someday when our girls are teenagers and we post about them hating us and calling us something heart wrenching we will laugh remarrying this moment! Isn’t being a momma fun!!

July 31, 2013 | 12:24 pm

that’s why I’m glad I’m writing about thing now… when my daughter is a teenager I want to remember the sweet things that she said.

3. Nic
    July 29, 2013 | 7:06 pm

Omg I laughed so hard! I think she is just so funny! She comes up with amazing names! I wish my daycare friends would copy her. I would have to run and hide just to laugh! I was called a loser today and told to shut up (all from a 3 1/2 year old) I would take dumb pooh any day! Oh and I look forward to you’re posts when she is 9!

July 31, 2013 | 11:20 am

we miss you aunt Nikki!! xoxoxo

4. Farrah
    July 30, 2013 | 2:24 am

Great pics!!!! Dumb poop. I love it.

I am ‘mean mama’ these days.

July 31, 2013 | 11:19 am

I’ve gotten mean mama too… it’s all part of it, isn’t it?

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/07/28/oh-names-ill-be-called/trackback/

Just the Beginning (and a lot of poop)

Dumb poop.

That’s what she called me yesterday.

The roles have changed now, from changing the poop to being called it.

photo-671

When did she get so big?

photo-681

I’m no expert in math, science, or physics.

I’m not even sure I’ve got this parenting thing down yet.

photo-69

Most of the time…

8 Responses to Just the Beginning (and a lot of poop)
  1. CyndyBush
    July 28, 2013 | 8:30 pm

July 31, 2013 | 12:25 pm

2. Carrie (akaLaverne)
    July 29, 2013 | 7:11 am

July 31, 2013 | 12:24 pm

3. Nic
    July 29, 2013 | 7:06 pm

July 31, 2013 | 11:20 am

we miss you aunt Nikki!! xoxoxo

4. Farrah
    July 30, 2013 | 2:24 am

Great pics!!!! Dumb poop. I love it.

I am ‘mean mama’ these days.

July 31, 2013 | 11:19 am

I’ve gotten mean mama too… it’s all part of it, isn’t it?