Why No Sleep on Weekends?

During the week we have a set routine around our house. Brian gets up and goes to work before we are awake so it’s just our daughter and I home to get ready. But I have noticed a huge difference in our routines during the week and the weekend and I’m starting to wonder if this is part of a conspiracy to keep me from sleeping in.

Week days:

5:30 am : hit snooze, roll over, go back to sleep

5:45 am: hit snooze, yell at phone, go back to sleep

6: 00 am: groan, look at clock to make sure it’s the right time and pull myself out of bed, sometimes sliding onto the floor just for dramatic effect.

Get ready.

6:30 am : wake child

6: 31 am: screams of “no, I’m not ready yet!” “It’s not morning!” “I have no power!” escape from the room.

6:45 am : child is carried into the bathroom for washroom duties and then coaxed back to her room in order to get dressed and have her hair brushed. There is bribing involved.

7:00am :  Promises of piggy back rides or being carried to the car are discussed if child gets shoes on quickly and races to the door.

7:25am: Late

Weekends:

6:35 am : “Mommy, it’s morning, I’m awake! What do you want to do? Why are your eyes closed? Your hair is covering them now cause I made you into a cat, you‘re a cat now mommy.. say meow! Do you want to watch t.v.? Can I have a drink, it‘s okay I‘ll get my own and I have to pee.”

…….

Are all children in on this?

8 Responses to Why No Sleep on Weekends?
  1. Cathy
    August 26, 2013 | 11:48 am

This made me laugh because she did this to me as well, but it was only 4:45am and she wanted to go to the beach to play in the sand before too many kids got there. I love ya my little darlin, but we are going to have to teach you how to tell time.

August 30, 2013 | 10:32 am

I’m so glad she’s not getting up that early here

2. Jenny
    August 26, 2013 | 2:08 pm

I think it’s a conspiracy with all kids. My girls are the exact same way.

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

Ha! I knew it!

3. Alison
    August 27, 2013 | 2:36 am

YES, they are doing this on purpose! 🙂

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

I thought so!! Glad it’s not just me.

4. Sarcasm Goddess
    August 27, 2013 | 10:24 am

Ahahaha! Sorry it’s not funny, but she made you into a cat! Meow.

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

She’s an interesting little thing in the mornings.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/08/26/why-no-sleep-on-weekends/trackback/

Why No Sleep on Weekends?

Week days:

5:30 am : hit snooze, roll over, go back to sleep

5:45 am: hit snooze, yell at phone, go back to sleep

Get ready.

6:30 am : wake child

7:25am: Late

Weekends:

…….

Are all children in on this?

8 Responses to Why No Sleep on Weekends?
  1. Cathy
    August 26, 2013 | 11:48 am

August 30, 2013 | 10:32 am

I’m so glad she’s not getting up that early here

2. Jenny
    August 26, 2013 | 2:08 pm

I think it’s a conspiracy with all kids. My girls are the exact same way.

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

Ha! I knew it!

3. Alison
    August 27, 2013 | 2:36 am

YES, they are doing this on purpose! 🙂

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

I thought so!! Glad it’s not just me.

4. Sarcasm Goddess
    August 27, 2013 | 10:24 am

Ahahaha! Sorry it’s not funny, but she made you into a cat! Meow.

August 30, 2013 | 10:31 am

She’s an interesting little thing in the mornings.