OMG the Walking!

This weekend I attended a fantastic bachelorette weekend with the girls which was filled TO THE BRIM with drinks, food, music, relaxing, shopping, and walking.

OMG the walking.

On Friday night we headed out for drinks at a sweet patio, but walked to get there (cause we were in the city and that’s what city people do). I’ll be honest, I drive everywhere. We live in the country and we drive everywhere we go because everywhere is far, yo.

Walking would be a great option and a much healthier one but we don’t do it and it wasn’t until this weekend and until Saturday when we were in Niagara falls, and I was almost passed out on the side of a hill beside three teenagers dressed up in Halloween attire playing their horns, that I realized I am horribly out of shape and can’t even walk.

I blame America’s sugar addiction.

But it’s not my intake of carbs or sweet treats, which I’ve been limiting.

It’s my activity that is seriously lacking.

I made a commitment a couple of months back and then left it by the wayside. I still watch what I put in my face but stopped paying attention to my activity level and thought I was doing okay.

I’m not.

Something as simple as walking can change you for the better and it wasn’t until this weekend that I realized its power.

So I’m putting on my running shoes and taking back my activity instead of losing my breath, buckling at the knees, and crawling at a turtles pace.

I’m lacing up and ensuring my health by taking care of all of me, my family, and our future.

When I had trouble just keeping up with the girls this weekend I could see how much I needed to make a change and how serious it had to get.

So it’s time.

I’m not going crazy but starting out slow and doing it for me.

One step at a time.

I was compensated for the above post but all opinions and life events happen to be my own.

8 Responses to OMG the Walking!
  1. Alison
    September 24, 2013 | 6:38 am

Good luck, you can do it, of course.

September 30, 2013 | 1:00 pm

thank you! I really am looking forward to walking now each night.

2. Farrah
    September 24, 2013 | 6:48 am

Good for you! I think you’ll surprise yourself. I am not a super fit gym rat by any stretch, but once I started walking a little more (ok, a lot more 🙂 I realized stamina is something that builds upon itself. Maybe track your progress just to keep yourself motivated? Like push yourself further every week- or go so far as to get a pedometer and really watch those steps grow!

September 30, 2013 | 1:00 pm

Absolutely! You’ve got it! Stamina is something we build and I can’t just jump into it but I can ease into it.

3. Nic
    September 24, 2013 | 8:28 am

Fantastic!!! I’m here to walk with anytime you want! You can do it! I love how you are doing this for you!!! Xoxo

September 30, 2013 | 12:59 pm

We need to get together soon and go for a walk or just have tea.

4. Michelle
    September 24, 2013 | 12:48 pm

Good for you…I think you will surprise yourself! And it gets easier and easier! I find when I go out for my run, it clears my head and I think up some cool stuff. I like walks too of course! Visiting from SITS!

September 30, 2013 | 12:59 pm

I think you’re right. I’ve been walking as much as I can find the time for and I like the time alone and the fresh air. I’m going to make it more a priority this week.