Reaching Out is Hard

I’ve been there.

That place where it seems too dark to crawl out of.

Where you can’t find the light and there doesn’t seem to be an answer.

I’ve been to the place where your bed is your best friend and the only sound you want to hear is silence. Because today isn’t a day that you want to hear “how are you,” “let’s go out,” “get some fresh air,” today is a day for pajama’s, pillows, and tears that seem to come out of nowhere.

But from everywhere.

I know that place of sadness and loneliness, so lonely that it feels like there isn’t a person on the earth who could understand the pain that fills your chest. The weight of a thousand elephants would feel better than the invisible weight you feel sitting on your heart; heavy with grief over something you can’t explain.

Reaching out is so hard.

Know that you aren’t alone.

So many of us have been where you are and we are all reaching in and begging you to take our hands. We are screaming your name and willing you to stretch out as far as you can and touch our finger tips.

We believe in you.

There is a light, it’s just dim right now, and this ride you’re on won’t last. It might take you on ups and downs and I can’t promise that you won’t go into the dark again, but I can promise that you will have support.

Right here.

Reach out.

Grab my hand.

I get it, I’ve been there, it sucks huge, but you can do it.

I believe in you.

11 Responses to Reaching Out is Hard
  1. Carrie Smith
    October 3, 2013 | 2:52 pm

I believe in you!

October 7, 2013 | 7:17 pm

You’re such a wonderful friend. Love you duder.

2. Alison
    October 4, 2013 | 1:49 am

Your words will help someone who’s in that place, and needs to reach out. xo

3. Farrah
    October 4, 2013 | 3:43 am

It is hard. But it is the best thing someone can do! I know I’ve been there too 🙂

October 7, 2013 | 7:16 pm

It’s not a great place to be but it’s more bearable with support

4. Carrie
    October 4, 2013 | 5:25 am

This is incredibly beautiful! Your words flow. They pull us in and wrap us in their warmth. They whisper to us that it’s ok, we are not alone. Then they whisper again and this time they come with help and a chance and maybe a moment to be brave and know it is going to be ok. This is an AMAZINGLY beautiful piece! Your words are so very very strong!!!

October 7, 2013 | 7:16 pm

You get me every time with you sweet comments. Thank you so much Carrie! xo

October 7, 2013 | 9:24 am

Yes, do. We need more posts like these girl. So many people are afraid and may even feel like this is their “normal” since they have suffered so long.
    xoxo

October 7, 2013 | 7:15 pm

thank you my noodle. You’re always so supportive and I love you for it

6. Jenny
    October 15, 2013 | 2:37 pm

I am so glad that I found you, Kim and Robin when I was struggling through the shit. Your hands reached out and helped me pull myself out. I had hope because I saw women like you who had made it through. xoxo

October 18, 2013 | 11:49 am

thank you for such a sweet comment. Without the group of women you mentioned I wouldn’t have made it either.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/10/03/reaching-out-hard/trackback/

Reaching Out is Hard

I’ve been there.

That place where it seems too dark to crawl out of.

Where you can’t find the light and there doesn’t seem to be an answer.

But from everywhere.

Reaching out is so hard.

Know that you aren’t alone.

We believe in you.

Right here.

Reach out.

Grab my hand.

I get it, I’ve been there, it sucks huge, but you can do it.

I believe in you.

11 Responses to Reaching Out is Hard
  1. Carrie Smith
    October 3, 2013 | 2:52 pm

I believe in you!

October 7, 2013 | 7:17 pm

You’re such a wonderful friend. Love you duder.

2. Alison