With Legs in the Air

With pee stick in hand and one more disappointment gone down the drain, I yanked up my pants and stormed out of the bathroom.

“That’s it! No more!”

photo 2

I was done with timing ovulation, checking temperatures, watching the calendar, and ensuring egg met sperm on the right day.

I was overloaded with information, tired from feeling like an experiment, and ready to call it a day.

“We’re done having children! One and done!”

And I believed it.

I meant it.

For five minutes.

And then another one of my Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest pals posted a picture of their damn baby’s being adorable and my uterus screamed, tangled itself around my heart, and reminded me how much I really wanted another one.

photo 1

So, after I logged my temperature, checked my meds, danced a jig, jumped five times, twirled, made a wish, and hopped like a frog I found a comfy spot, stuck my legs in the air and practiced feeling zen.

I’m not giving up yet.

8 Responses to With Legs in the Air
  1. Jordan
    October 16, 2013 | 8:18 pm

If you build it, they will come:) Send it out to the universe and it will happen. Screw you doubt and wake up uterus, you have work to do!!! Stay positive, breathe in, breathe out. Thinking of you❤️

October 18, 2013 | 11:48 am

law of attraction! you know it sister.

2. AJR
    October 17, 2013 | 4:52 am

Don’t give up! Maybe stop trying so hard? It WILL happen! You got this! 🙂

October 18, 2013 | 11:48 am

thanks so much! I really should just relax a bit

3. Kande
    October 18, 2013 | 8:42 pm

My beautiful, spirited, amazing second child arrived after three long years of secondary infertility. Years when I would question my desire to have a second counter-balanced with my need to feel complete with what I already had (my first, beautiful, spirited, amazing child). I made sure that the journey to complete my family did not endanger the joy of the path I was already on, and refused to act in any way that would make my first feel she was not enough – nor did I second guess the knowledge in my heart that I was meant to be a mom of two.

We did consider adoption but after a devastating miscarriage (very early on, but after confirmed pregnancy for a couple weeks after years of nothing) I again knew that my desire was for a second biological child. We were in the end exceedingly lucky as went into our first fertility appt. with me being fourteen days (days!!) pregnant. We had waited to seek treatment as I refused to consider it unless I was ok if it didn’t work out. My first child deserved a mother who was not living life disappointed in the lack of presence of a non-existent being.

I am not a religious person in the traditional sense but – when I was at one of my lowest times, I happened to pass by a church sign that read “Patience is trust in God’s timing”. And that was enough to give me pause, give me strength, give me patience – which resulted in my second precious baby.

May you find either from this story or one from your own journey, the same measure of peace – and hope!

4. Farrah
    October 21, 2013 | 4:31 am

🙂 I’m pulling for you mama!

5. Farrah
    October 21, 2013 | 4:32 am

Oh, my advice is to maybe:

Plan a really extreme vacation

Plan to move

Get a dog

or any other crazy thing where adding a baby at the same time is the most absurd idea on earth.. and boom!

October 21, 2013 | 11:28 am

You’re such a dork.
    And I love it.
    Told you not to give up hooker. Tell Brian to man up his balls. Game on.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/10/16/legs-air/trackback/

With Legs in the Air

“That’s it! No more!”

photo 2

“We’re done having children! One and done!”

And I believed it.

I meant it.

For five minutes.

photo 1

I’m not giving up yet.

8 Responses to With Legs in the Air
  1. Jordan
    October 16, 2013 | 8:18 pm

October 18, 2013 | 11:48 am

law of attraction! you know it sister.

2. AJR
    October 17, 2013 | 4:52 am

Don’t give up! Maybe stop trying so hard? It WILL happen! You got this! 🙂

October 18, 2013 | 11:48 am

thanks so much! I really should just relax a bit

3. Kande
    October 18, 2013 | 8:42 pm

4. Farrah
    October 21, 2013 | 4:31 am

🙂 I’m pulling for you mama!

5. Farrah
    October 21, 2013 | 4:32 am

Oh, my advice is to maybe:

Plan a really extreme vacation

Plan to move

Get a dog

October 21, 2013 | 11:28 am

You’re such a dork.
    And I love it.
    Told you not to give up hooker. Tell Brian to man up his balls. Game on.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/10/16/legs-air/trackback/