Crazy Might Still Live Here

I’m a a spot right now with my mental health where I can look back and go, “girl, you weren’t just on the crazy train, you were driving it. ”

But it didn’t just occur to me one day that I needed help. There wasn’t a light switch that went off turning the old me into the me that was screaming for help.

It was a process.

It took Post Partum Depression, life events, and several turning points that pulled together and piled on top of each other changing my mental health status.

There were triggers that would set off my mental state sending me raging into mania or diving into depression, and at the time I had no idea what was happening and I couldn’t see a pattern.

I was willing to try every kind of therapy available, from counselling to psychiatry, and from cognitive therapy to animal assisted therapy.

But here I am now, three years later, looking back knowing I made it through hell.

I broke through the dark and feel like myself for the first time in what seems like forever.

Through lost friends, broken days, uncomfortable situations, triumphs, and celebrations I made it this far.

I’m feeling the good.

And right now crazy might still live here, but it’s on my terms.

6 Responses to Crazy Might Still Live Here
  1. Lyla Jackson
    October 28, 2013 | 12:18 pm

Here’s to taming the crazy 🙂
    (I’m raising my cup of decalf coffee to you- cheers)

October 29, 2013 | 1:02 pm

Thank you! I’ll cheers you with my caffeine filled cup!

2. sarah reinhart
    October 29, 2013 | 7:44 am

It’s amazing to look back on everything and be out of “it” enough to make revelations like this, huh? Having some control back feels good, I know this. xx.

October 29, 2013 | 1:01 pm

I’m enjoying this breathing space and soaking in every part of it.

October 31, 2013 | 5:54 am

I am jealous bitch.
    Kidding.
    You worked so hard at overcoming this monster and yes, that mother fucker took up residence and isn’t paying any rent and by some blip in the contract that you signed, that asshat can live there as long as it wants to…but you own the joint and you can say that loud music and random hookers are not allowed on the premises.
    I lost you didn’t I?
    oxox

November 6, 2013 | 9:12 am

You had me at hello.

I know.

Loser.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/10/28/crazy-might-still-live-here/trackback/

Crazy Might Still Live Here

It was a process.

I’m feeling the good.

And right now crazy might still live here, but it’s on my terms.

6 Responses to Crazy Might Still Live Here
  1. Lyla Jackson
    October 28, 2013 | 12:18 pm

Here’s to taming the crazy 🙂
    (I’m raising my cup of decalf coffee to you- cheers)

October 29, 2013 | 1:02 pm

Thank you! I’ll cheers you with my caffeine filled cup!

2. sarah reinhart
    October 29, 2013 | 7:44 am

October 29, 2013 | 1:01 pm

I’m enjoying this breathing space and soaking in every part of it.

October 31, 2013 | 5:54 am