A Pig’s Ass

It’s been almost six years since I’ve smoked.

And when I decided to quit I did it because I wanted to, not because anyone was forcing me to.

Also because someone once told me that a woman with a cigarette sticking out of her mouth looked like a pig with a piece of straw hanging out of its ass.

I didn’t want to look like a pig’s ass.

My determination was stronger than my addiction.

And it’s been that way with most things in my life; my career, my personal life, my ambitions.

But not my weight.

My determination stops right at the threshold of weight loss and my lack of willpower, love of all things chocolate, and fat cells uniting.

This wasn’t in my life plan.

But neither were bangs and I went ahead and got them.

Stupid.

I’m not reaching out for “you can do it’s” or “one day at a time’s,” I’m processing what I feel is a huge failure in my 32, almost 33, years.

Mmmm, processed.

Food is my weakness.

Accept it? Or change it?

It’s up to me and my determination.

Which, at this point, is limited and being covered in cheese.

How is your willpower? How do you stay on track and meet your goals?

7 Responses to A Pig’s Ass
  1. Jordan
    November 8, 2013 | 12:36 pm

Just what I needed. You always find a way to make me laugh. I read this post as I sent my husband in the store to get smartfood & butter tarts!!!

November 9, 2013 | 12:19 pm

I wish that I hadn’t eaten the tarts I bought from the butter tart factory… but I did

2. trish
    November 8, 2013 | 2:11 pm

Ya know what, sometimes its nice to hear that someone gets it. Someone other than me sends their husband to the store for butter tarts and smartfood(although in my world smartfood cancels butter tarts so its all good). But to know that I am not the only plus sized person who pigs out now and again(nope I don’t do it everyday!!pssst…its just bad genes(or is it jeans??hmm)). I love that u r coming to a.place of acceptance…because I believe it is only after acceptance that u can make a change. Let me know hoe that goes for ya..I am not there yet. I can’t justify tossing the 2 bags of cadbury scream eggs I j7st bought!!lmao

November 9, 2013 | 12:18 pm

I know that genes have a lot to do with it. I just wish that I had the metabolism that my husband does and then I could eat all of those delicious things that I love without the guilt… or the fat going to my waist.

3. sarah reinhart
    November 10, 2013 | 7:32 am

Girl, I used to be a smoker too. My guy at the time (now my husband) told me it was cigs or him. So, you know what I chose. Plus, I knew I wanted the babies and I knew smoking and babies didn’t mix. I have a lot of faith in you. I do believe you’ll find your way. xo.

4. Lyla Jackson
    November 11, 2013 | 9:02 am

Sounds like you’ve been eating lots of emotions lately. Aren’t they yummy? I like halloween because it makes my emotions bite size and much easier to digest.

November 27, 2013 | 2:01 pm

I’d like to know who was observing pigs with straw out their asses? Pervert.
    And yes, cheese on all of the things.
    You’re going to nail this. Yup. xoox

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/11/08/pigs-ass/trackback/

A Pig’s Ass

It’s been almost six years since I’ve smoked.

I didn’t want to look like a pig’s ass.

My determination was stronger than my addiction.

But not my weight.

This wasn’t in my life plan.

But neither were bangs and I went ahead and got them.

Stupid.

Mmmm, processed.

Food is my weakness.

Accept it? Or change it?

It’s up to me and my determination.

Which, at this point, is limited and being covered in cheese.

How is your willpower? How do you stay on track and meet your goals?

7 Responses to A Pig’s Ass
  1. Jordan
    November 8, 2013 | 12:36 pm

November 9, 2013 | 12:19 pm

2. trish
    November 8, 2013 | 2:11 pm

November 9, 2013 | 12:18 pm

3. sarah reinhart
    November 10, 2013 | 7:32 am

4. Lyla Jackson
    November 11, 2013 | 9:02 am

November 27, 2013 | 2:01 pm

I’d like to know who was observing pigs with straw out their asses? Pervert.
    And yes, cheese on all of the things.
    You’re going to nail this. Yup. xoox