I’ve Walked

Last Monday my parents dropped off a treadmill for me. It was my mom’s but now that she walks exclusively outside, in all types of weather, she let me borrow it.

It took a lot of swearing, man power, and the removal of doors to get the massive unit into the house and down to the basement but we did it with the help of my father and husband.

When I looked at it I saw potential but I couldn’t help the doubt that crossed my mind. I’d been down this road before. I’ve made promises to myself, stuck true to them for a day, and then gone back to candy and chocolate.

But I don’t want to continue the pattern. With this week being my fourth on Weight Watchers, and my mother as my inspiration, losing 70 or more pounds by changing her lifestyle, I am determined to make a change in my life.

So for the past five days I’ve watched my portions, I’ve calculated my points, I’ve tracked my intake and most importantly, I’ve walked.

shoes

It wasn’t easy at first, and I could only go for 10 minutes at a time in the beginning, but it’s getting easier and I’m starting to look forward to it.

Who knew?

For someone like me, who hated exercise of any form, to suddenly enjoy and look forward to working out?

It’s a huge success!

Tomorrow is my weight in and I’m excited and nervous to see if my hard work has paid off.

I think it has.

Wish me luck, and give me some of your tips to keep exercise and lifestyle change interesting!

10 Responses to I’ve Walked
  1. Farrah
    November 25, 2013 | 11:37 am

Wow!!! This is fantastic!!!
    A good friend of mine who is also a blogger went from being in her mid 20s with 3 kids and very unhappily unhealthy and overweight. She is now (seriously, not a year later) running freaking marathons. I can’t get over the transformation in her life. She is such an inspiration and motivator in changing your lifestyle around- and she is a real true to life person I’ve known for years. You can do it too and you will be amazing. Good luck my friend!

November 25, 2013 | 11:54 am

Thank you! I’m really looking forward to getting fit and watching the change! I saw my mother do it and I know I can too! Your encouragement means so much.

2. Brad & Michelle Way
    November 25, 2013 | 12:11 pm

Way to go! Believing you will, will change your life.

Looking forward to updates of your journey.

November 26, 2013 | 9:15 am

Thank you so much! I will be keeping you updated as I continue!

3. Lisa Henderson
    November 25, 2013 | 4:19 pm

That’s awesome! Just remember, its not the number on the scale that matters, its how you feel. You should honestly take measurements (for instance around your waist) because you may find there will be some weeks you lose inches, but not pounds as muscles build. But you are doing the right thing!!!

November 26, 2013 | 9:15 am

Great idea about keeping measurements! I will for sure.

4. sarah reinhart
    November 26, 2013 | 4:20 pm

good luck times a million. so proud of you and happy for you 🙂

November 27, 2013 | 1:03 pm

thank you sweet friend. I’m on a mission.

November 27, 2013 | 2:13 pm

You said unit…hee hee.
    I know it’s ridiculously cold out but I still try to walk. Walk every where! WAlk to my house. Do it.

December 2, 2013 | 10:11 am

I’ve tied my shoes and I’ll be there in three years