Here in the Silence

Quiet.

So often in my past it meant I was running away from my anxiety, frustrations, anger, or a situation I couldn’t handle, and had given myself time away in quiet to re group.

It meant I wasn’t coping well and needed to be left alone away from stimulations, loud noises, and conversation.

I needed to breath.

But I didn’t appreciate quiet. I hated that I had to depend on its deafening silence, its lonely space, and the feelings it brought.

Quiet was another reminder of where I was and how far I had to go.

But now, sitting here in the silence I can appreciate everything that those soft moments did for me.

The time alone thinking, processing, and working through the thoughts that raced through my brain was key to my recovery. Without quiet I wouldn’t have reached a state of calm.

I wouldn’t have recharged.

And I wouldn’t be where I am now.

A place filled with happiness.

Sitting in silence, enjoying the sound, enjoying my life.

3 Responses to Here in the Silence
  1. AJ
    December 10, 2013 | 1:59 pm

2. Lyla Jackson
    December 10, 2013 | 3:31 pm

Beautiful description of resenting the silence that we need. But we need it…

3. Jen
    December 15, 2013 | 11:36 am

You captured how I feel about finding quiet time to recharge myself. I used to use it as a time to hide. Now I use it as my time to renew myself.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2013/12/10/here-silence/trackback/

Here in the Silence

Quiet.

I needed to breath.

Quiet was another reminder of where I was and how far I had to go.

I wouldn’t have recharged.

And I wouldn’t be where I am now.

A place filled with happiness.

Sitting in silence, enjoying the sound, enjoying my life.

3 Responses to Here in the Silence
  1. AJ
    December 10, 2013 | 1:59 pm

2. Lyla Jackson
    December 10, 2013 | 3:31 pm

Beautiful description of resenting the silence that we need. But we need it…

3. Jen