This Year

I’m in the “new” living room writing, hoping to get out something before the three year old rushes in and wants to watch sesame street on the computer. This new space has proven to be one of the best decisions we ever made and one of the best gifts we ever received.

new floors

We had a rough 2013. Brian was laid off more than once and we struggled financially, more so than we ever have. We relied heavily on family, who graciously reached out and assisted us, even when we insisted we didn’t need help.

Those were the times we needed it the most.

We faced another year of infertility, broken hearts, and lost hope. The road to another baby has been long and exhausting and we aren’t even in the deepest parts of it. That’s why we decided to let it be. I am using 2014 as a fresh start to work on my health and myself and if we end up with a sweet little bean then we will be over the moon but 2013 held too much pressure.

This year is about movement, enjoyment, and family.

We’re mending, moving forward, and getting moving! I’m excited to see what’s in store for 2o14!

Do you have a goal or a word for 2014?

8 Responses to This Year
  1. Carrie Baughcum
    January 21, 2014 | 6:14 am

I forgot all of that was part of 2013. It was quite a year for you. I love the words you picked for 2014. I’m excited for what 2014 has in store for you too! XOXOXOXO

January 23, 2014 | 10:23 am

It was a challenge but I wouldn’t change one thing… I am loving 2014 so far and can’t wait to see what else we have in store for us.

2. trish
    January 21, 2014 | 8:49 am

My goal for 2014 is to change one thing about myself per month. This month I am drinking more water than pop. This is a struggle for me. Next month I going to set time frames for cell phone usage(ie…set the phone down between 10-2 and 4-8). Little personal things that I know have to be different. I am hoping that by working on 1 thing per month I will actually be able to makes some changes and keep them!!

January 23, 2014 | 10:22 am

What a great idea! One thing per month! I love it… keep me up to date!

January 21, 2014 | 3:00 pm

Nothing better than movement.
    This year is going to be a good one. You’re so much stronger than last year. I know this because I love you but the ones who don’t really really know you, can read it in your words. Your writing reflects how you are feeling whether you realize it or not.
    There’s a lot of positivity that wasn’t there early on last year xoxo

January 23, 2014 | 10:21 am

Thank you for this. I hadn’t realized how much my mood was reflected in my writing until you mentioned it.

4. Lyla Jackson
    January 21, 2014 | 4:32 pm

I love your choice of “enjoyment”. I think that is a wonderful word for the next year.
    I hope that this year turns out even better than you imagine.

January 23, 2014 | 10:20 am

Thank you so much! This year has started of to be pretty good.