GAH… the snow

Snow.

There’s so much of it.

I like snow, generally, and enjoy the beautiful white fluffs that hang off of the trees. I love to look out the window at the twinkling layers across my lawn, the sheets of white covering the fields, and the ice coming down from the peeks of the house.

But this year it has snowed a ridiculous amount.

77159_10152580923500558_336851968_n

I can’t complain about snow days or closed schools because my daughter doesn’t go to school yet but I can complain about the treturous roads, slippery conditions, numerous accidents, and whiteouts that make getting from point a to point b almost impossible.

We live in a bit of a valley so our driveway gets filled in with blowing snow the minute we plow it out and the snow just keeps on coming.

1780679_10150521432099953_1334135670_n

I have always preferred winter over summer. I’m not someone who enjoys the heat or the blasting sun and I’m not begging summer to come but a little less snow would be okay.

And now Mr. Groundhog has said 6 more weeks.

Good thing I just bought new snow pants.

GFunkified

12 Responses to GAH… the snow
  1. Carrie Baughcum
    February 4, 2014 | 6:25 am

I am not a winter person. I do prefer the cool warmth of spring and summer. I am so tired of my down jacket, three layers of clothes to stay warm and the opportunity I missed to buy super cute snow boots if only I had known it would be this kind of winter. It’s cold. I’m cold and you pictures holy snow!!! Stay warm my friend and the only thing I do like about winter…I hope your weekends are full of super fun playing in the snow!!!!

February 6, 2014 | 3:36 pm

I so wish I had bought better boots this year, but who knew?

2. Clare
    February 4, 2014 | 12:35 pm

Ha, tell me about it, this year has been a snowy one! We are clear at the moment, but due a big drop of snow later today. We shall see.
    I don’t think we will get as much as you though, that’s a lot of the white stuff!

February 6, 2014 | 3:36 pm

did you get the big drop of snow? We sure did and are expecting more. I don’t know if this will end lOl

• Clare
        February 6, 2014 | 8:50 pm

Yes, we got more. Yesterday was a snow day and today has been cold, so no melt! Hopefully Spring is around the next corner.

3. sarah reinhart
    February 5, 2014 | 2:55 pm

yep, everything in moderation. so, i’m over the snow as well. still taking it as it comes because why let myself get upset about the weather which I certainly can’t stop. but still. doesn’t stop me from fantasizing about march, april, may…..

February 6, 2014 | 3:35 pm

I like how lovely it looks outside but the driving is difficult and the accidents are terrible. But, OH, it looks nice.

4. Elaine A.
    February 5, 2014 | 10:17 pm

I seriously cannot even fathom that, being from the south and all. I probably sound like a broken record on every one’s snow posts because I say this all the time! 😉

It is pretty though….

February 6, 2014 | 3:34 pm

It’s been snowing non stop. I don’t know what a full work week is like.

5. Greta
    February 6, 2014 | 5:28 pm

I. Would. Go. Nuts. We get some snow, and the last few times, we’ve gotten like a foot at a time. But the super cold and the digging out makes me cranky, so I’m thankful that we usually have a lot of time between snow storms. I bow to you for living through that nonsense.

February 7, 2014 | 11:16 am

I like snow but this is driving me nuts.

February 12, 2014 | 7:25 pm

Suck it Atlanta.
    Damn, that is way more snow than what we got! I want this winter over now too. We at least had sun today. I got to wear my too cool for school shades on my way to the nutter butter factory. Good times.