Robocop vs the Mermaid

After watching Robocop this weekend my husband and I had a converstation about what we would like to be should a bomb blow us up and the only option left was to turn us into a robot.

Me: Just so you’re aware, if I’m ever blown up and the possibility of my becoming a robot presents itself I’m not giving consent.

Him: And just so YOU’RE aware, if I’m ever blown up and you don’t turn me into a robot I. will. be. pissed.

Me: Really? you want to be a robot?

Him: Are you kidding? I wouldn’t take any time to adjust, and? coolest body ever.

Me: You know what I would prefer? To be a mermaid. If they present you with the possibility of a mermaid tail let me have that.

Him: You’re taking mermaid over hard wired, metal clad, built to kill robot?

Me: Peaceful under the sea creature? Sexy body, long flowing hair, sweet singing voice, saving sailors? Yes, I think i want to be a mermaid.

Him: We’re two different people

Me: I’ll go live with Sebastian and Flouder while clomp around like a huge tin can.

Him: with a Shield over my eyes and the ability to see. in. the. dark!

Me: Come visit me on the shore sometime

Him: Can’t… I’ll rust.

Me: Touche.

5 Responses to Robocop vs the Mermaid
  1. Galit Breen
    February 18, 2014 | 6:45 pm

Hee! Love conversations like this — so much!

2. Cathy
    February 18, 2014 | 9:44 pm

Note to self…..WD 40 and some Tremclad paint in Brian’s stocking next Christmas……just in case.

February 24, 2014 | 2:35 pm

that would be hilarious

3. Farrah
    February 19, 2014 | 11:28 am

Hahahahah! I think it’s an awesome idea to be a mermaid! I will join you. And robots? Harumph. No fun.

February 24, 2014 | 2:34 pm

mermaids are the perfect thing to morph into! Until I get waterlogged lol

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/02/18/robocop-vs-mermaid/trackback/

Robocop vs the Mermaid

Me: Really? you want to be a robot?

Him: You’re taking mermaid over hard wired, metal clad, built to kill robot?

Him: We’re two different people

Him: with a Shield over my eyes and the ability to see. in. the. dark!

Me: Come visit me on the shore sometime

Him: Can’t… I’ll rust.

Me: Touche.

5 Responses to Robocop vs the Mermaid
  1. Galit Breen
    February 18, 2014 | 6:45 pm

Hee! Love conversations like this — so much!

2. Cathy