One

When I first found out I was pregnant for the second time I scoured the internet for great deals on maternity clothes.

I wanted to be ready for my expanding belly and shrinking clothing. I wanted to have things to wear and feel good about my growing bump.

The bag of unused, never worn, neatly folded clothing now sits in a bag in my spare room closet.

This week I’m putting it up for sale.

My husband and I have gone over the pros and cons of having another baby. We’ve weighed the odds and discussed the time lines coming to the conclusion that we’re happy with one.

So with a heavy, but satisfied heart we are canceling fertility appointments, putting away ovulation charts, packing up wishes and silencing a dream.

It’s not happening for us and that’s ok.

We have a beautiful daughter who fills our hearts daily with her laughter, empathy, compassion, and brilliance.
Our little family is the centre of my universe and I’m happy to call it complete.

We got on this ride not knowing where it would take us but we found that it brought us full circle back to our one and only. We are one and done. Fulfilled and secure with who we have.

No more heartache, no more crying, no more counting months, no more sadness.

Just embracing who we are now and being satisfied with what we were given.

A blessing.

photo-70

13 Responses to One
  1. Jordan
    February 24, 2014 | 10:14 am

((Hugs)). Your words are perfect.
    Complete.

February 24, 2014 | 2:34 pm

Love you to bits!

2. Carrie Smith
    February 24, 2014 | 10:30 am

I have never regretted my decision to only have one child. Yes I do yearn at times to hold another baby that is made from me but I know that we will have so much more to give Liv, not just financially but emotionally. I think that you are very blessed in what you have enjoy your beautiful family. Small but perfect!

February 24, 2014 | 2:34 pm

You have been in my thoughts more than I could write. I look up to your relationship with your daughter and love the way you parent. If I could be half the mother you are I would be satisfied. Thank you for your support! xo

3. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger
    February 24, 2014 | 10:31 am

Oh, my friend. I’m glad you’ve found peace with this.

February 24, 2014 | 2:32 pm

thank you so very much Robin. I’m feeling very good about this, it’s a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

4. Kir
    February 24, 2014 | 11:03 am

I felt so much peace reading this, in knowing that you’ve talked about it and the choice is one that you came to in a way that heals instead of hurting.

your words are so beautiful and so is your daughter. A good choice indeed. xoxo

February 24, 2014 | 2:31 pm

Yes! Healing instead of hurting! You are so right. Thank you for being here and for supporting me… it means so much!

5. Stefanie
    February 24, 2014 | 1:44 pm

Fantastic step! You and we can be happy with one and done! I’m here to support you as you are for me! Feels great to have a decision and start moving on with life doesnt it?!?

February 24, 2014 | 2:29 pm

It’s wonderful to finally know where I’m going and what I’m doing. Thank you so much for all of your support and your friendship xo

6. Carrie Baughcum
    February 25, 2014 | 6:10 am

There is so much wisdom in this stream of comments. They are right. There is so much peace. I also can not imagine how hard it must have been and still is to come to piece with it. It is hard to let go of something you have wanted to very badly. I am sure that even with this peace there will still be rough moments but being here and being able to let go is still a giant step. I still feel the need to reach in this screen and wrap my arms around you and hug you because even with peace comes loss. You are an amazing mom and you two are blessed to have your daughter XOXXOXO

7. Lady Estrogen
    February 25, 2014 | 9:06 am

That’s wonderful that you’re going to embrace what you have. I’m happy for you!! Enjoy every minute.

Just saying though… it was when we sold all our crap AND traded in the minivan that I got pregnant with our “oopsies” baby. Heh.

February 27, 2014 | 11:41 am

Your Oopsie baby is ADORABLE! I want to squeeze the crap right out of her!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/02/24/one/trackback/

One

This week I’m putting it up for sale.

It’s not happening for us and that’s ok.

No more heartache, no more crying, no more counting months, no more sadness.

Just embracing who we are now and being satisfied with what we were given.

A blessing.

photo-70

13 Responses to One
  1. Jordan
    February 24, 2014 | 10:14 am

((Hugs)). Your words are perfect.
    Complete.

February 24, 2014 | 2:34 pm

Love you to bits!

2. Carrie Smith
    February 24, 2014 | 10:30 am

February 24, 2014 | 2:34 pm

3. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger
    February 24, 2014 | 10:31 am

Oh, my friend. I’m glad you’ve found peace with this.

February 24, 2014 | 2:32 pm

4. Kir
    February 24, 2014 | 11:03 am

your words are so beautiful and so is your daughter. A good choice indeed. xoxo

February 24, 2014 | 2:31 pm

5. Stefanie
    February 24, 2014 | 1:44 pm

February 24, 2014 | 2:29 pm

6. Carrie Baughcum
    February 25, 2014 | 6:10 am

7. Lady Estrogen
    February 25, 2014 | 9:06 am

February 27, 2014 | 11:41 am

Your Oopsie baby is ADORABLE! I want to squeeze the crap right out of her!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/02/24/one/trackback/