One Last Bite

Remember when I was getting healthy and was focused on what I was putting into my body? When I was planning meals, making a healthy lunch, not eating after 6, and walking every day?

That went to hell.

I feel bloated and nauseous and a little dizzy.

Don’t stare.

It’s just the half of chocolate bar I had last night after the Mini Wheats I ate for dinner.

You know… when the child’s away the parents will play.

Or in my case; eat.

We went to the grocery store and filled our cart with chips, brownies, chocolate bars, popcorn, and Pepsi.

Why did we do that?

Because we wanted to eat it all without little hands crabbing at it and asking for more.

cookie

Because we wanted to taste the food in it’s entirety.

Because we’re hogs.

But Brian can eat all the food and not gain an ounce. I, on the other hand, have to watch every crumb I put near my mouth for fear my body will sense a calorie and send it right to my ass.

That didn’t stop me.

Now I’m paying for it.

On the scale and in my sore tummy.

That or I need to poop.

Either way I’m cutting out the crap for the millionth time because I said so.

You’re my witness.

After one last bite of chocolate.

15 Responses to One Last Bite
  1. Ra
    March 12, 2014 | 10:06 am

You’re gorge even when you are bloated or constipated or hungry or tired or ….you get where i am going with this, right?

2. Jordan
    March 12, 2014 | 12:51 pm

Oh how I can relate!!!! I say the same thing daily!!! Tomorrow I will start. Then it’s summer again and I’m no further ahead. God give me strength.

3. Shell
    March 13, 2014 | 8:57 am

That last bite of chocolate is a must!

I’ve been trying to eat healthier since the new year. I’ve been doing okay… but I’m finding I need to have some indulgences or I get way too cranky and I’ll want to blow my whole diet.

March 16, 2014 | 10:07 am

I need to have indulgences and try to keep myself on track. There has to be a happy medium so I don’t blow it.

4. Katia
    March 13, 2014 | 11:49 am

Oh, I hear you! I have that internal dialog every evening. *sigh* I want to start eating more healthy too, but I crave Coke (the drink…) all the time, since I don’t drink coffee and am so tired. UGH.

March 16, 2014 | 10:06 am

I tell myself everyday that tomorrow I will change but then I do the same thing over again… so frustrating.

5. Robbie
    March 13, 2014 | 6:13 pm

I wake up in the morning vowing to eat healthy & make better choices but I am a stress eater so by dinner time that plan is shot to hell…..

March 16, 2014 | 10:05 am

I’m a stress eater too… and a happy eater, and a sad eater, and an every minute of every day eater. It’s a never ending battle.

6. Tara
    March 14, 2014 | 12:28 pm

I’m so with you. I think part of it is the depression of being stuck inside and cold and more snow and I’m so over exercise. I just want to sit on my ever-expanding ass and eat.

Summer cannot come fast enough for my jeans.

March 16, 2014 | 10:05 am

That’s just it. where is summer? I need to see the sun shine and feel the heat. I want to get outside!

7. Amanda
    March 15, 2014 | 10:25 pm

Saw your post on SITS link up !!! I’ve been there… what am I saying I’m there now… I keep saying I will workout tomorrow, or just one last sweet. Yeah so I feel like I could of been the author of this. πŸ™
    Good Luck in the new week.
    Email me maybe we can be each others supporters
    Blessings,
    From Amanda @ http://livinginhismercyandgrace.blogspot.com

March 16, 2014 | 10:04 am

Thank you so much. It’s not easy trying to win the weight battle but having friends and people we can talk to can sometimes help.

πŸ™‚

8. Debra@AModernTranslation
    March 16, 2014 | 7:46 am

Hi, I’m visiting from SITS, so I’m new here. And my two cents may be out of line but I’ve been where you are over 10 years ago and it took a few tries at getting healthy for me to do that and lose weight. The things I learned was that I needed to be kind to myself (referring to you and Brian as hogs isn’t kind), eliminating foods was a bad idea in retrospect (balance is more important), finding something I loved doing for exercise was the key to continuing and being kind to myself (yeah, back to that one). Others want the best for you because they love and care for you, they’re your friends and family. And you probably want that for them. So treat yourself like you would a friend. I wish you well on your decision to live a healthier life and in the process slim down a bit, but more importantly you’ll feel so much better. Sorry again, if I may be out of line because I don’t know you. But what I do know is that you’re worth being kind to and feeling good about yourself. Have a great Sunday!

March 16, 2014 | 10:03 am

thank you so much for your kind comment. sometimes, even when I’m joking, I forget to be kind to myself. Being positive will bring positive results. I’m a firm believer in that. thanks for the reminder.

9. The lovely one
    March 16, 2014 | 5:30 pm

I’m with you! I do not let my kids see me eat junk food, mostly because I want to set a good example, but also because I don’t want to have to share!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/03/12/one-last-bite/trackback/

One Last Bite

That went to hell.

I feel bloated and nauseous and a little dizzy.

Don’t stare.

You know… when the child’s away the parents will play.

Or in my case; eat.

Why did we do that?

cookie

Because we wanted to taste the food in it’s entirety.

Because we’re hogs.

That didn’t stop me.

Now I’m paying for it.

On the scale and in my sore tummy.

That or I need to poop.

Either way I’m cutting out the crap for the millionth time because I said so.

You’re my witness.

After one last bite of chocolate.

15 Responses to One Last Bite
  1. Ra
    March 12, 2014 | 10:06 am

2. Jordan
    March 12, 2014 | 12:51 pm

3. Shell
    March 13, 2014 | 8:57 am

That last bite of chocolate is a must!

March 16, 2014 | 10:07 am

4. Katia
    March 13, 2014 | 11:49 am

March 16, 2014 | 10:06 am

5. Robbie
    March 13, 2014 | 6:13 pm

March 16, 2014 | 10:05 am

6. Tara
    March 14, 2014 | 12:28 pm

Summer cannot come fast enough for my jeans.

March 16, 2014 | 10:05 am

7. Amanda
    March 15, 2014 | 10:25 pm

Good Luck in the new week.
    Email me maybe we can be each others supporters