What if We’re Happy?

What if I’m happy the way I am?

What if the person you see, big belly, wavy arms, plus size with what looks like little intention of changing, is happy the way she is?

Does every fat person have to be on a diet?

Do we all have to be miserable and wish we looked like the skinny models on tv?

Do we all have to sit and absorb the same stories we’ve heard our whole lives?

“Mary lost five pounds a week drinking shakes.”

“A friend of mine just ate veggies her whole life and she’s healthier than anyone I know.”

“Stop eating sugar and you’ll lose it all.”

What if we’re happy chubby?

Is that possible?

Is it possible for us fatty’s to get to a place where we can look in the mirror and say, “hey, I like you.”

It is.

If we were left alone.

If the media, society, and do gooders would stop badgering us to conform to the idea that everyone must look the same.

I don’t want to look like everyone else.

Sure, I want to be healthy, but I can be healthy and be chubby at the same time.

Yup, it’s possible.

And you?

You can be skinny and be unhealthy.

Not every fat person has high chlorestoral, blood pressure, diabetes, or heart problems.

Some of us lead healthy, active lifestyles.

And we’re okay with what we look like.

And if we aren’t okay then we’ll do something about it.. we’ll change our eating habits, exercise more, see results.

But we don’t need society, friends, and family shoving the ideas of what a perfect body looks like down our throats.

We get it.

We look in the mirror and we live it every day.

So we either embrace who we are or we struggle with who we are.

Embrace it.

You’re beautiful.

8 Responses to What if We’re Happy?
  1. Jordan
    May 2, 2014 | 8:58 am

So true!!! If you are happy and content with the body you have than you have already won the larger battle most women fight!! Society’s image of beauty is changing more and more. I think beauty truly comes from within. A kind heart and a good soul are the most beautiful things. Everything else really shouldn’t matter. I think Dove has the right idea in their commercials. We are all beautiful. We all have good in us. I believe that. So happy you are happy, beauty couldn’t have a better advocate.

May 2, 2014 | 12:42 pm

I love the Dove project so much. It empowers women instead of making them feel they have to look a certain way. Thank you for your sweet comment. xo

2. Nic
    May 2, 2014 | 12:32 pm

You know how I feel personally around this subject. No one should ever tell another they need to lose weight or what they should or shouldn’t do to help lose weight. What works well for one person isn’t going to work for the next person and nothing at all is going to work if you are not 100% on board to lose weight. If someone truly wants to lose weight they will make the changes to do so- that’s my belief.
    I am so concerned with how society and mothers of little girls influence or convince them skinny is better. Im scared for my little girl. If we focused on the little girls we could change the world! If we stop judging each other and stop telling each other we need to lose weight things could be so different. We should all be happy with the way we are…Im happy being chubby and having a huge butt…I love my huge butt 🙂 I wouldn’t change it for anyone but myself…if I wanted to. So dear friend I love you for advocating for others, for my little girl and most importantly for YOU because no one should call you fat, chubby, big or anything but FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL!!!! XOXOXOXO

May 2, 2014 | 12:41 pm

Thank you. I agree… we should be happy the way that we are and if we want to get healthy let it be our path. xo

• trish
      May 2, 2014 | 1:16 pm

I agree with u Nic 100%

3. trish
    May 2, 2014 | 1:15 pm

I have always loved me big. Its where I am at my happiest. I always said that I wouldn’t make myself diet and excercise(unless I felt so inclined-it happens every so often!!lol)until my weight inhibited me in some way or made me sick. I am not sick, I don’t have diabetes or heart problems or any of the other weight related health issues that run in my family. However, I can’t run across the backyard to chase my kids easily. Getting up and down off the floor is difficult and painful. My weight is starting to inhibit me. Therefore, in a couple months I will have gastric bypass. My friend you are setting such a good example for that sweet girl. She will hopefully be the first generation to embrace people for who they are and not their weight or body shape. And more importantly embrace themselves…no matter what the package looks like, its whats inside thats so fun.

4. Gramma
    May 3, 2014 | 2:17 pm

I love you no matter what!

5. Mom
    May 3, 2014 | 2:19 pm

Ditto what “Gramma” had to say… Mom

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/05/02/cause-i-look-good/trackback/

What if We’re Happy?

What if I’m happy the way I am?

Does every fat person have to be on a diet?

Do we all have to be miserable and wish we looked like the skinny models on tv?

Do we all have to sit and absorb the same stories we’ve heard our whole lives?

“Mary lost five pounds a week drinking shakes.”

“Stop eating sugar and you’ll lose it all.”

What if we’re happy chubby?

Is that possible?

It is.

If we were left alone.

I don’t want to look like everyone else.

Yup, it’s possible.

And you?

You can be skinny and be unhealthy.

Some of us lead healthy, active lifestyles.

And we’re okay with what we look like.

We get it.

We look in the mirror and we live it every day.

So we either embrace who we are or we struggle with who we are.

Embrace it.

You’re beautiful.

8 Responses to What if We’re Happy?
  1. Jordan
    May 2, 2014 | 8:58 am

May 2, 2014 | 12:42 pm

2. Nic
    May 2, 2014 | 12:32 pm

May 2, 2014 | 12:41 pm

• trish
      May 2, 2014 | 1:16 pm

I agree with u Nic 100%

3. trish
    May 2, 2014 | 1:15 pm

4. Gramma
    May 3, 2014 | 2:17 pm

I love you no matter what!

5. Mom