The Registration Saga.. It just got Better!

The school registration saga continues.

I contacted the school I had initially wanted our daughter to go to, which was out of our district but close to our daycare and was informed that our daugher’s transfer forms would not be looked at until a minimum of three weeks after the first day of school.

Three weeks.

Maybe I could live with that?

She would be the new girl, wouldn’t experience the anxieties, nervousness, and jitters that the other children were on the same day, and wouldn’t know the routines, but she would adjust.

Right?

I tried to convince myself.

I asked the school if they thought there would be room.

“We can’t guarantee that, and right now it’s not looking that great.”

Oh.

So I texted our daycare provider for her imput.

She was empathetic but reminded me that once our daughter became a before and after school kid she wasn’t guaranteed a spot on PA days, snow days, summer holidays, etc. It was the full time kids who had first dibs.

Sigh.

I had forgotten about that.

My heart was in my throat and I was mad texting my husband, friends, and family demanding attention and answers to this series of events.

The answer?

Call the school in my district, talk to them, see if they offer a before and after school program.. work through this, yo!

So I did just that, and you know what?

They did! They had a before and after school program set up, they walk the little kindergardeners to their classrooms and pick them up at the end of the day, they provide them with activities until their parents come to get them, the offer PA day, Christmas Holiday, March Break, and Summer holiday programs, AND it will save me $450 a month!

Someone pinch me.

together

Sometimes change is really hard to accept, it blows us away, causes anxiety, throws us over the hill and kicks us in the gut.

But other times?

It’s absolutely wonderful, shows up when you least expect it, and happens at the perfect time!

hat

8 Responses to The Registration Saga.. It just got Better!
  1. Shell
    May 28, 2014 | 10:22 am

That’s such great news! I’m glad it worked out!

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

it’s fantastic, looking forward to the start of school now.

2. Jenna // A Mama Collective
    May 28, 2014 | 2:35 pm

Ditto to what Shell said. So glad that it worked out for the best! ~Jenna

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

Thank you! I’m so thrilled we got it all figured out.

3. Kir
    May 29, 2014 | 2:33 pm

..the sky opened, the sun came out and there were shoes (or ice cream or CHOCOLATE) for everyone!

so happy this happened for you. I love when the universe gets it’s shit together for us. 🙂
    xo

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

Finally some great news! About time!

4. Roxanne
    May 29, 2014 | 5:40 pm

Amazing news! I’m so happy to hear this.

May 30, 2014 | 11:52 am

Me too! I’m so thrilled it’s working out!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/05/28/registration-saga-just-got-better/trackback/

The Registration Saga.. It just got Better!

The school registration saga continues.

Three weeks.

Maybe I could live with that?

Right?

I tried to convince myself.

I asked the school if they thought there would be room.

“We can’t guarantee that, and right now it’s not looking that great.”

Oh.

So I texted our daycare provider for her imput.

Sigh.

I had forgotten about that.

The answer?

So I did just that, and you know what?

Someone pinch me.

together

But other times?

hat

8 Responses to The Registration Saga.. It just got Better!
  1. Shell
    May 28, 2014 | 10:22 am

That’s such great news! I’m glad it worked out!

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

it’s fantastic, looking forward to the start of school now.

2. Jenna // A Mama Collective
    May 28, 2014 | 2:35 pm

Ditto to what Shell said. So glad that it worked out for the best! ~Jenna

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

Thank you! I’m so thrilled we got it all figured out.

3. Kir
    May 29, 2014 | 2:33 pm

xo

May 30, 2014 | 11:53 am

Finally some great news! About time!

4. Roxanne
    May 29, 2014 | 5:40 pm

Amazing news! I’m so happy to hear this.

May 30, 2014 | 11:52 am

Me too! I’m so thrilled it’s working out!