But Will You Have More?

Now that we’ve made the decision not to have anymore children discussions surrounding babies, children, and pregnancy has become harder for other people than it is for me.

They still want me to reproduce.

Even though I can’t without the aid of medication, tracking, praying, standing on my head, jumping up and down, running in circles, etc.

They aren’t satisfied with “nope, we’re only having one.”

And I love the responses, don’t get me wrong… I know we naturally want to see people have more babies, it’s what we do.

But can’t “No” be good enough?

Here’s just a few of the answers I’ve heard to the question, will you have more?

1. You will, just wait.

Nope.. I won’t. There’s nothing going on in there friend… baby zone closed.

2. Just wait, now that you’re relaxed and not thinking about it it’ll happen.

I don’t want it to happen. I’m relaxed because I’ve accepted that it won’t happen and I’m okay with it. Be okay with it with me.

3. Whatever is meant to be will be.

It’s meant to be.My uterus says so.

4. It’ll happen when you least expect it.

I hope not… I’m hoping to not be pregnant at 50.

5. Don’t you want to give your daughter a sibling?

Yes, I did… but that ship has sailed and now I’m happy to even have one child.

So what should you say?

You can still say all of the above, I will love you times a million, and understand that this situation can be uncomfortable for many people. Or how about just accepting that we’re one and done.

And asking questions? That’s really okay too!

“oh, that’s great, how old is your daughter?”

“Is there a story behind why you only want to have one?”

“When did you decide you only wanted one child? Was it a hard decision?”

Get to know my story and I’ll get to know yours.

And know that no matter what you say I know it comes from a place of love.

And I love you right back.

8 Responses to But Will You Have More?
  1. Nic
    May 30, 2014 | 9:22 am

OMG I LOVE This! Xoxo

May 30, 2014 | 11:51 am

2. Jordan
    May 30, 2014 | 10:19 am

But it’s so true,what is meant to be will be & you will have one more…just wait. When you are fully relaxed you will become pregnant and you totally won’t be expecting it. And then your daughter will get a sibling. And everyone else can be happy.

God Bless.

May 30, 2014 | 11:51 am

cheeky thing.

3. Kir
    May 30, 2014 | 12:03 pm

it never ceases to amaze me..the things that people will say. I still hear some of those things sometimes and have to bite my tongue and remember they are not in my uterus or life.

Nice advice, I wish everyone who needed to could read this. 🙂

you are beautiful, your daughter is stunning and your decision is the right one for your family. LOVE U.

4. trish
    May 30, 2014 | 12:20 pm

I get it. We got it. These confused looks, awkward transitioning conversations, reactions riddled with guilt. I think there is some sort of stigma attached to having only 1. I think ur beautiful. I think ur family is beautiful. I think the world will be a different place with ur little spitfirw out there. U just carry on. People will catch up. Luv u kiddo! And luv ur blog too!

5. cyndy
    May 30, 2014 | 10:40 pm

I think you have a great attitude. It’s none of my business, but I think more people should have that same of acceptance.
    I got my tubes tied after my 3rd child. Two years later their father and I divorced and now I’m remarried to a man with only one child. He would LOVE to have another, and his mom would love for me to have another one too. But it’s not happening. For one, I’m too old. I know plenty of people have kids at my age and older but that’s THEM. I’m not saying 41 is too old, I’m saying I am too old at 41. Also, our kids are older (my youngest is 13) and there’s just no way I’m starting over like that! But I still get questions too. People are strange.

6. Mom
    June 1, 2014 | 3:56 pm

We love you and are happy when you are happy.