Meet & Greet

Last week we received a letter in the mail.

We were invited to a meet and greet at our daughters new school. The teachers were excited to meet the new JK’s coming in and would have lots to share with us, so would we please RSVP.

Of course.

I counted down the days and prepped our daughter for the night we would go to her school and meet the teachers.

Her response?

“Will we be able to see the bathrooms?”

On the night we were meant to go we piled in the car, drove the five minutes down the road, and entered the school full of smiles.

MY daughter is going to school!!

The teachers met us at the door with goodie bags full of activities and information, name tags, book bag tags, and smiles. We were directed to the gym where they gave us more information and we watched our daughter sit perfectly still.

meet and greet

Maybe she could do this school thing.

We were directed to four different centres as the night went on; the library centre, the craft centre, the fine motor skills centre, and the numbers centre. All created to give the children an idea of what school would be like. At each centre they received an activity to take home with them so they could practice over the summer.

meet and greet2

At each centre our daughter fully participated, listened, and blew our minds with her behaviour.

She was ready.

On the way to the car she looked at us with a huge smile and asked the question I was hoping she would.

“When do I get to go back?”

8 Responses to Meet & Greet
    June 13, 2014 | 11:42 am

Awwww…that is a good sign that she said that…unlike my kid who was all “F*ck that”
    I think that she is going to do well. It will be hard watching her go and starting on her academic path…scary that they grow so fast. She’s going to love it though and you’re going to love watching it all unfold.
    Whoot to potty.
    xo

June 16, 2014 | 9:39 am

I’m nervous but I know she’ll rock it. Just like your little dude!

2. Farrah
    June 15, 2014 | 2:04 am

Yay! Sounds like she’s excited 🙂 Sending them off to school is such a crazy idea. I’m trying to wrap my head around sending the twins this fall full time like Brody. At 4 that’s when they start. It’s weird. But what’s also crazy- is what will I do with my time?!!

June 16, 2014 | 9:37 am

It seems like they grow up so fast and we’re left wondering where the time went! We have full day kindergarten here too.

3. Nikky44
    June 15, 2014 | 1:14 pm

I think that parents are so often more stressed/excited that the kids about the first day at school. I noticed with my kids that if I was stressed, they panicked too but when I showed them how happy i was to see them start school, they acted differently 🙂

June 16, 2014 | 9:36 am

This is amazing advice! Be excited and show them that school is a wonderful adventure! They feed off of our emotions!

4. Carrie Baughcum
    June 15, 2014 | 10:53 pm

YEAHHHH!!! Holy wow how did she get this old this fast and who have her permission to grow up?! Can’t ask for a better moment then a child excited for her future and a desire to learn. I am so happy it all went so smoothly. They are always full of surprises!!!

June 16, 2014 | 9:35 am

I don’t know where the time went! Just yesterday she was a tiny baby staying up all night and throwing up everywhere. Yes. That.
      Now… school???
      What!!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/06/13/meet-greet/trackback/

Meet & Greet

Last week we received a letter in the mail.

Of course.

Her response?

“Will we be able to see the bathrooms?”

MY daughter is going to school!!

meet and greet

Maybe she could do this school thing.

meet and greet2

She was ready.

“When do I get to go back?”

8 Responses to Meet & Greet
    June 13, 2014 | 11:42 am

Whoot to potty.
    xo

June 16, 2014 | 9:39 am

I’m nervous but I know she’ll rock it. Just like your little dude!

2. Farrah