It’s only Monday but with the drizzle and gloomy sky it feels like the day is dragging on.
Summer is supposed to be sunshine and swimming.
I’m getting a lot out of this summer, spending lots of time with my family, and enjoying making memories.
I’m learning things too:
1. Losing weight is not easy, it didn’t take a day to put the weight on so it won’t take a day to take it off. Determination and perseverance will get me to my goal as long as those damn cookies would stop getting in the way.
2. My house is messy. It will stay messy. When I clean it the mess comes back five minutes later.
3. My daughter had a growth spurt somewhere between last week and this week and she’s reaching things she shouldn’t be. How do I shrink her?
4. My child is also naked more often than she is clothed. How come? Is this a thing?
5. Groceries don’t buy themselves.
6. Piles of dirt are attractive to a four-year old.
7. If there is something different, special, or interesting about someone your four-year old will point it out… in a loud fashion… while you’re in walmart… in front of said person.
8. There’s never enough money.
9. I am a jungle gym for my child. I now know what my parents felt like. I apologize.
10. It’s okay to get excited over the small things, even if people think you’re ridiculous, you aren’t, you’re probably happier.
Enjoy your summer, jump right in! I am.