It Ended Perfectly

This weekend I found myself laying on the couch in a boo hoo emotional state after a friend returned home from New York.

She had a blast.

In a glass.

photo

Jordan’s Awesome Pic

She told me tales of people who had few family obligations, stories of clean houses, talked about wine on patios, and how great it tasted to the sound of a guitar.

I was green with jealousy.

I looked around my house; the new Frozen busy book thrown on the floor, the laundry basket full of clean clothes begging to be folded, the dishwasher full of clean dishes and no one but me to empty it.

I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like to live a carefree lifestyle.

To come and go as I pleased, make meals for myself (healthy ones that took hours to prepare, but that’s okay because I had the time), and lace up my shoes for a walk by the beach, or the park, or the forest.

Where ever I wanted.

I could hear the birds, feel the wind, and taste the divine foods I would savour.

Money wouldn’t be scarce in this life.

I was far into my daydream when I felt a small hand peel open my eyeball.

“Do you wanna build a snowman?”

Scooping her up I hugged her tight and tickled her sides. Her blond hair fell all over her face and her giggles lit up the house.

“Why were you sleeping, mom?”

She cupped my face in her hands and straddled my stomach, peering into my eyes as close as she could get.

“I was daydreaming” I answered, brushing her hair away from her eyes, resting my hands on hers.

“Was it a good dream?” She slid off and went to gather her book from the floor.

“It was, love.”

“How did it end?” She picked up her book and placed it on the table, flipping through the pages, humming her favourite song.

I could still see the overflowing basket of clothes but they weren’t yelling at me like they were before, the dishes could wait, and the book was occupying the mind of a child who was learning something new every minute.

This life, the one I had so badly wanted to escape five minutes before, didn’t seem so bad after all.

Looking at my daughter, I smiled big, “it ended Perfectly.”

3 Responses to It Ended Perfectly
  1. Farrah
    September 23, 2014 | 2:53 am

The grass is always greener! I think the key is to find that balance- live some kind of dream out loud- but stay grounded to what means the most to us. You know? 🙂

2. Elisa
    September 23, 2014 | 6:21 pm

I enjoyed reading this!!!! The grass is not greener this true and there are perfect moments, days and months in everyone’s lives but then there comes struggles and those perfect times quickly disappear!!! Your life is right where you are suppose to be!! 😉 and Vegas here you come!!! Xo

3. Mom
    October 4, 2014 | 3:21 pm

That’s why I love you so much.

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/09/22/ended-perfectly/trackback/

It Ended Perfectly

She had a blast.

In a glass.

photo

Jordan’s Awesome Pic

I was green with jealousy.

Where ever I wanted.

Money wouldn’t be scarce in this life.

I was far into my daydream when I felt a small hand peel open my eyeball.

“Do you wanna build a snowman?”

“Why were you sleeping, mom?”

“Was it a good dream?” She slid off and went to gather her book from the floor.

“It was, love.”

Looking at my daughter, I smiled big, “it ended Perfectly.”

3 Responses to It Ended Perfectly
  1. Farrah
    September 23, 2014 | 2:53 am

2. Elisa
    September 23, 2014 | 6:21 pm

3. Mom
    October 4, 2014 | 3:21 pm

That’s why I love you so much.