Why we do Elf on the Shelf

elfontheshelf14

BECAUSE IT’S FUN

3 Responses to Why we do Elf on the Shelf
  1. Sandi Heiwegen
    December 9, 2014 | 4:17 am

I’m sorry as a Nana I have to speak out on this ” new tradition” from the moment my gd 3& 5 showed me this I was horrified that they would be bullied in to believe if they make the wrong move when Mommy and Daddy aren’t looking this little creepy thing will RAT them out ?.
    There is now reports from child phycogist stating they are treating children who are traumatized to wake up in there sleep and see Elf sitting in their room staring at them, they get no peace and quiet causing great insecurity and panic attacks needlessly in little ones who are at a age where the bigges panic is ” where did put my teddy! Not oh no he’s going to see I just threw my Jammie’s under my bed and Santa won’t ever come.
    We live in a society of stress and paranoia and do we really need to be breeding it in our toddlers all in the name of ” Chistmas” a holiday that is meant to be all about Peace Love and Forgivness?

2. Nic
    December 9, 2014 | 8:14 am

I would love to see that report! Clearly if it’s scaring your kids your doing something wrong. It’s to bring joy, wonder and Magic into a child’s life. I personally thin he is a little creepy looking but I caved this year and got my kids one. I have to attempt I’m having a ridiculous amount of fun with out Peppermint. It’s really no different than allowing our children to believe in Santa. I’m sure you could find some psychological report out there are the harmful negative impact Santa has on our kids. Sometimes as a grown up you put your own personal feelings aside for your kids. I sucked it up this year and my kids have never been so excited for Christmas and where their Elf is. Our toddlers don’t understand peace love and forgiveness but they do believe in Santa and understand from a very young age being good means he leaves me presents. If you have a nervous or scared child then shame on you for getting your child an Elf. It’s up to each individual parent to decide if their child will understand what Elf is and if my child can handle it. I think more adults are pushing their negative feelings around the Elf onto kids making them fearful. I’ve never come across a child scared or nervous of Elf on the Shelf. I highly recommend them now as they are so much fun!!!!

3. Molly
    December 10, 2014 | 10:43 pm

Haha! Love it. Short and to the point!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2014/12/08/why-do-elf-on-shelf/trackback/

Why we do Elf on the Shelf

elfontheshelf14

BECAUSE IT’S FUN

3 Responses to Why we do Elf on the Shelf
  1. Sandi Heiwegen
    December 9, 2014 | 4:17 am

2. Nic
    December 9, 2014 | 8:14 am

3. Molly
    December 10, 2014 | 10:43 pm

Haha! Love it. Short and to the point!