This is the Beginning

We recently had family pictures taken and just got them back.

DSC_1509

I love them.

DSC_1513

Except for one thing.

DSC_1517

Me.

family

When I saw myself in the photo’s I was quick to click to the next picture. At first I didn’t want to look, I shifted my eyes to my husband and daughter and kept my eyes off of myself.

But then I stopped.

For the past couple of weeks I have really been battling with myself over my self image (my whole life, who are we kidding) and have really been trying to get my head where it needs to be in order to focus on healthy living and making lifestyle changes.

Looking at myself in the photo’s is what I needed.

I’m disappointed in what I saw. I have gained more weight then I thought. When did it all get away from me?

DSC_1536 B&W

I’m lucky to have an incredible support system who encourages me and whom I can rely on. I have turned to them for the support I need.

I’m going to change my relationship with food and get back control.

I want to live a healthy life for my family.

For my daughter.

This is the beginning.

*Special thank you to Tracey A. Clarke Photography for the beautiful photo’s. Amazing work!

4 Responses to This is the Beginning
  1. Kristen
    February 2, 2015 | 10:56 am

So proud of you! You MUST do it for yourself though no one else. Let your daughter and family inspire you but you have to do it for YOU. Be selfish it’s ok. Put yourself first!
    You got this 🙂

2. trish
    February 2, 2015 | 11:08 am

Atta girl! No matter what decisuon u make I feel like its thw right one for u.
    The pics are beautiful. I know what you mean but to me they are perfect!
    Love u kiddo. Glad we got a visit in!

February 10, 2015 | 2:27 pm

I think that you are beautiful my dear and I know that you are working so hard. Be proud of you every day. You got this. xoxo
    PS. Brian. Hat.

4. Making Progress | Multitasking Mumma
    March 2, 2015 | 9:01 am

[…] the last post about my weight, where I vowed to do something about it, I have made some […]

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2015/02/02/the-beginning/trackback/

This is the Beginning

We recently had family pictures taken and just got them back.

DSC_1509

I love them.

DSC_1513

Except for one thing.

DSC_1517

Me.

family

But then I stopped.

Looking at myself in the photo’s is what I needed.

DSC_1536 B&W

I’m going to change my relationship with food and get back control.

I want to live a healthy life for my family.

For my daughter.

This is the beginning.

4 Responses to This is the Beginning
  1. Kristen
    February 2, 2015 | 10:56 am

You got this 🙂

2. trish
    February 2, 2015 | 11:08 am

Atta girl! No matter what decisuon u make I feel like its thw right one for u.
    The pics are beautiful. I know what you mean but to me they are perfect!
    Love u kiddo. Glad we got a visit in!

February 10, 2015 | 2:27 pm